lights -gauges out and wont start

brett

Equipment
b3030
Dec 12, 2013
lenoir city tn
i have a kubota b 3030 , and i turned on lights in about 5 minutes they and all gauges went out, then after i shut tractor off it wont start now, it just clicks once when turning key on . help what can it be , was told could be slow burn fuse , what do you think it is ?
thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is the click loud like a starter relay or a soft click like a light relay?

brett

Equipment
b3030
Dec 12, 2013
lenoir city tn
its not the starter relay , kubota service said poss be the slow blow fuse ,
but they want 150 bucks to pick up and bring back .

clicks when you turn to ist position, when trying to start theres no sound,just nothing

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The fuse your looking for is around the starter, but I don't think that's your problem, normally when that fuse goes out nothing happens, no clicks at all!

brett

Equipment
b3030
Dec 12, 2013
lenoir city tn
i will check battery and let you all know, also ill check fuse , which one kubota service dept said could be prob. one also said turning lights on prob drained the batt to far [if it was going bad] and shut lights off and gauges off.
but its funny no problem before always turned over fast and started right up,
besides only changing two busted hoses for backhoe havint had a problem with this tractor and have about 700 hrs on it
been a workhouse and love it.

jimsdeere1010

Equipment
L4600 4x4 FEL, WD 45, WD 40 Allis Chalmers
Nov 11, 2013
Wayland, Ia
Brett,
If you were running your lights and they and the gauges went dead. The engine would continue to run until you shut it off. You might have a bad alternator, that couldn't keep up with your lights and when you shut it off and tried to start just a click. It's just a thought, in case you change batteries or charge that one and it happens again….Jim

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Another thing to check, would be to be pull off the battery cables and clean the ends and the battery terminals. Doesn't take much corrosion build up to reduce the amount of current flow. Also, pull off the ground cable where it hitches to the frame or engine and make sure it is clean to get a good ground. Over time, a little corrosion or rust build up can have a big effect on how the battery charges and how much current is passed on to the electrical system.

brett

Equipment
b3030
Dec 12, 2013
lenoir city tn
Brett,
If you were running your lights and they and the gauges went dead. The engine would continue to run until you shut it off. You might have a bad alternator, that couldn't keep up with your lights and when you shut it off and tried to start just a click. It's just a thought, in case you change batteries or charge that one and it happens again….Jim
ok i will check that in the am

brett

Equipment
b3030
Dec 12, 2013
lenoir city tn
Another thing to check, would be to be pull off the battery cables and clean the ends and the battery terminals. Doesn't take much corrosion build up to reduce the amount of current flow. Also, pull off the ground cable where it hitches to the frame or engine and make sure it is clean to get a good ground. Over time, a little corrosion or rust build up can have a big effect on how the battery charges and how much current is passed on to the electrical system.
ok i will check that in am if its not raining tks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
theres plenty of knowledgeable folks here

Guess that pretty well excludes me,,lol

brett

Equipment
b3030
Dec 12, 2013
lenoir city tn
well tested battery with multi meter and had 12.45 volts and running 14.65 volts , so i think battery and alt are ok .wouldnt start by jumping battery with my van .
problem was 10 amp fuse for lights was blowen, i put in new one in and started right up.
i also noticed that when i turn on turn signal the 2 dash turn signal indicators lit up. so i turned off right away,
so now i believe i have a short in the lighting some where.
how do i check for that ??

also the 4 way flashers worked . didnt turn on lights , didnt want to blow another fuse.
thanks for the help

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
You need a wireing diagram to see everything thats on that circuit .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk