Lift Issue - LA680

lakergrad

Mar 4, 2020
Gaylord, MI
I’m still troubleshooting the loss of lift on my LA680/L3600. I have full tilt capability, but no lift/lower. If I swap coupler banks, I lose tilt and gain lift back. The control lever works fine left to right, and seems to go forward, but not back. It stops completely back at the center point and won’t go back any further. Water frozen in the cable sleeve is not the issue, the unit is in a heated area and fully thawed. Here’s a link to a video of the symptoms. I did have the cable sleeve uninstalled at the time, but it’s reconnected now with no change.
TIA guys…

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It looks to me like the cable is broken, I don't thick it moved like that normally.
The jacket should not move just the cable inside should move.
could be because the valve spool is locked up.

You need to remove the detent section on the valve that's not moving and see if with it removed it will work.

1706396046081.png

lakergrad

Mar 4, 2020
Gaylord, MI
Verified the cable is not broken. When disconnected from the valve, the controls work fine and the cable expands/retracts normally. Removed the spool cap and the entire valve came out (I may be referring incorrectly to specific parts). I had purchased a detent rebuild kit, but don’t see any parts on the removed section that look like what’s in the kit. There was nothing more than what is pictured and nothing fell or dropped out. What am I missing?

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do me a favor, and take it apart in order so I can see all the parts.

lakergrad

Mar 4, 2020
Gaylord, MI
Retaining clip at the end of the spool housing was completely deteriorated. I’ll continue taking apart,
I wanted to update in case it may help someone else with the same issue. It turned out to be the float detent that needed to be rebuilt. I replaced with detent rebuild kit and new spool housing kit. Thanks to everyone who made suggestions, especially North Idaho Wolfman.

Reactions: 1 users