Level indicator

scotup362

Equipment
L2501, loader, box scraper, flail mower. Yanmar Vio 35 mini-ex. 12' dumptrailer
Oct 21, 2017
Napa County, Ca
I've been seeing several types of bucket level indicators.
Rods, eyebolts, springs, electronics, etc... Am I missing something?
Electrical tape was my solution to getting my bucket level with the ground and wheels.

first photo-unlevel
second photo- level to ground
third photo- view from tractors seat

sorry, not sure why first two photos are sideways

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
excellent idea......
However - on the BX series - that spot is almost impossible to see from the seat.
Those that use a telescoping rod seem to have that problem licked.

I dont have a real problem with the factory flat spot indicator factory on the bucket! Once you understand after trying and failing .......it becomes clear!:D

scotup362

Equipment
Oct 21, 2017
Napa County, Ca
I couldnt get the hang of that level indicator sticker on the top of the bucket. Hopefully more time in the seat will help.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I couldnt get the hang of that level indicator sticker on the top of the bucket. Hopefully more time in the seat will help.
When we say L E V E L .......
95% of the time, it really is not level - more the fact that the bucket bottom and the plane of the 4 tires are in the same plane!!!

Slight incline up or down......we do NOT want the bucket level .....rather parallel or in the plane of the wheels tangent to the ground!

It will come in time, the more you screw up the better you will get.......trust me ...the screwing up part......I have had MY fair share of the learning curve!:D

Reactions: 1 user

W7AX

Equipment
L4310 HST, Bush hog mower, two different buckets for front end loader, Land box
Mar 23, 2018
Polson, Montana
I don't think the sticker itself is the level indicator. It's the fact that the top of that angle piece is the level. When thats level, the bucket is level. Once you get your eyes trained to see that position , all will work well.

Reactions: 1 user

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
I don't think the sticker itself is the level indicator. It's the fact that the top of that angle piece is the level. When thats level, the bucket is level. Once you get your eyes trained to see that position , all will work well.
That level is not always visible and when it is, judging now level it is can be more guess than anything. My project list includes adding a true level indicator from one the many fine ideas on this site.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
No, the sticker is NOT the level indicator ......
but it does say LEVEL INDICATOR on it:D
If the sticker wasnt there.....the new tractor owner would not understand what that angle iron was for....shoot they might use it as a pulling hook!!!

The top of the angle iron is parallel to the bottom of the bucket - and using it.....does take a little time to get it right;)

Last edited:

scotup362

Equipment
Oct 21, 2017
Napa County, Ca
[/QUOTE
recently posted this

So here is my $.50 cent level...electrical tape. Sitting in the seat looking down at the bucket on a flat surface this is my level starting point. Don't laugh it works!...when I first started to learn how to operate my FEL this helped...now with a bit more experience it still gives me a good reference.

Attachments

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I can’t imagine how you can even see that while sitting in the seat.... If I could see that far down on the bucket.... I wouldn’t need a level-indicator.