Let'm die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigCZ

Equipment
Shovel…. For now.
Jun 17, 2021
Florida
If you want the vaccine get it and if you don’t want it don’t get it. It should be that simple.
My biggest worry which I feel is coming in some parts of the country is that you will not be able to participate is society unless vaccinated. Is this really the power we want to allow are government to have? And yes I know COVID is dangerous, but it should not require us to give up are rights.

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Look bottom line is aint none of us getting out of here alive anyways, so you pays your money and takes your chances. And when your ticket is punched its punched nothing you can do about it
Now Skeets are you suggesting "if your ticket has NOT been punched" nothing you do will change that? Stumbling in front of an 18 wheeler or a free fall from great heights, or high voltage..... nothing changes that premise?

I understand critical thinking is seldom understood by many, however decisions made today may very well affect a person's life short term and long term. Trying to understand situations can be difficult because information is misleading or false as opposed to truth. Each one must determine for themselves which direction if fitting for them.

Fastball

Equipment
L2900, rear blade, finish mower, 200l sprayer, landscape rake
Feb 9, 2017
North Okanagan, British Columbia
Bottom line….knowing that 660K Americans are dead and seeing countless thousands more (95+% unvaccinated) in ICU wards across the country, and you’re STILL not vaccinated - then you’re either dirt stupid, suicide-level stubborn, or just willfully ignorant. At this point, it should be glaringly obvious even to the densest among us, that vaccines work, and the streets are NOT littered with the corpses of the vaccinated who have fallen over due to aftereffects. Your Google search, however exhaustive, is still no match for the combined knowledge of health care professionals and scientists across the world who are reviewing data and making recommendations based on that. Your contentions that this is some kind of scam or money-making ploy, or even some shadowy government attempt at stripping your freedoms just make you sound unhinged. Frankly, at this point, I couldn’t give a flying monkey’s hairy butt about your “freedom”. Show some responsibility to society and get vaccinated.
Rant over…thanks for listening.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Bottom line….knowing that 660K Americans are dead and seeing countless thousands more (95+% unvaccinated) in ICU wards across the country, and you’re STILL not vaccinated - then you’re either dirt stupid, suicide-level stubborn, or just willfully ignorant.
I am vaccinated but don't think calling those who chose not to, to be "either dirt stupid, suicide-level stubborn, or just willfully ignorant" is productive or fair.

Some concerns may be valid, such as who knows what the long term affects of a new vaccine, produced using somewhat new technology for this specific purpose, might be?

Myself, I figured better to prolong my life NOW, rather than worry about unknown, and possibly nonexistent, future dangers.

I certainly would advise anybody that I cared about to get the vaccination. BUT I will not look down on others who chose otherwise. Even though I believe they are making an error under the current situation. And possibly increasing the danger to others that are not vaccinated, because they cannot be for whatever reason.

Fastball

Equipment
Feb 9, 2017
I am vaccinated but don't think calling those who chose not to, to be "either dirt stupid, suicide-level stubborn, or just willfully ignorant" is productive or fair.

Some concerns may be valid, such as who knows what the long term affects of a new vaccine, produced using somewhat new technology for this specific purpose, might be?

Myself, I figured better to prolong my life NOW, rather than worry about unknown, and possibly nonexistent, future dangers.

I certainly would advise anybody that I cared about to get the vaccination. BUT I will not look down on others who chose otherwise. Even though I believe they are making an error under the current situation. And possibly increasing the danger to others that are not vaccinated, because they cannot be for whatever reason.
Sorry if I can’t be as charitable as yourself. I’m so tired of people continuing to treat misinformation as gospel and spewing out every piece of garbage like it’s some kind of justification. This “oh, we don’t know the long-term effects” is SO tiring. It’s the SHORT term effects of COVID we should be more worried about! There are people still legit convinced about microchips, FFS! These people and their political allies who see them as their base, these are the ones that are holding us back from knocking this thing down and getting the world moving in the right direction again. we feel like the rest of the class drummingbtheir fingers in impatience, as the slowest in the class struggle to grasp “See Spot run”.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
We get it. You are afraid. That's ok.

There are real reasons not to get the vaccine. It must be tough for some of you to find out not everyone believes everything you do. Worse that you can't "make" them.

Most of the population have survived over a year without a vaccine. Just the facts ...

CraigCZ

Equipment
Shovel…. For now.
Jun 17, 2021
Florida
Fastball, some people don’t think it’s a scam or political or any other off hinge reason. They say no to getting the vaccine just to say no and everyone should respect there choices. When you say screw there freedom your screwing everyone’s freedom.

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Fastball, I'll throw you a curve ball. You're about as far off one direction as those you disdain are in another direction. Interesting how right you think you are! I have a sister who has a PHD and she has the same elitist attitude, I guess it's learned somewhere.

Fastball

Equipment
Feb 9, 2017
Fastball, I'll throw you a curve ball. You're about as far off one direction as those you disdain are in another direction. Interesting how right you think you are! I have a sister who has a PHD and she has the same elitist attitude, I guess it's learned somewhere.
Elitist? Please give me your definition of that word and how you feel it applies here.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
It’s like smoking….you have the right to inhale whatever you want into your lungs. But the second you EXHALE, that’s when it affects others.
Right, you are allowed to get a vaccine, but not allowed to force others to take it.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Right, you are allowed to get a vaccine, but not allowed to force others to take it.
I think his point was that if you decline the vaccination, you are more likely to get infected, and therefore more likely to pass the infection on to others, just like second hand smoke affects others...

Edit: I guess it should be added that exposure to this virus has a much greater immediate affect on a person than second hand smoke...

Last edited:

CraigCZ

Equipment
Shovel…. For now.
Jun 17, 2021
Florida
Your freedom to do what the $&#% you want stops the instant it affects someone else.
It’s like smoking….you have the right to inhale whatever you want into your lungs. But the second you EXHALE, that’s when it affects others.
I’m assuming you drive, that affects and kills others but we as a society still do it.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think his point was that if you decline the vaccination, you are more likely to get infected, and therefore more likely to pass the infection on to others, just like second hand smoke affects others...

Edit: I guess it should be added that exposure to this virus has a much greater immediate affect on a person than second hand smoke...
So, we shouldn’t let people get the vaccine and run around like they are invincible while spreading Covid. I agree.

At least, that is if you believe the CDC, masks are still required by vaccinated individuals.

We actually don’t know if it is a greater impact or not. Some people barely know they have been affected by Covid while long term exposure to smoke is a known.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I’m assuming you drive, that affects and kills others but we as a society still do it.
Sorry, but that is a bit of a stretch...same could be said for getting out of bed in the morning, if one is lucky enough to wake up...neighbor recently didn't...not related to this virus discussion though...

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
If only there were any evidence that the use of masks, or the use of the present vaccines actually "saved lives".

There isn't any, and there is lots of evidence that the vaccinated still carry and spread the virus.

Now, where does that "Your freedom ends when it effects others" statement fit in.

I say, YOUR FEAR ends at the tip of your nose!

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
When someone behaves in a way that costs others a dime, then that is the place to draw the line. Stupid things like no vaccinations, not wearing seat belts, smoking and a host of other bad behaviors should be entirely paid for by people that make those choices. Higher insurance rates and taxes are just some of the costs to everyone. I am so old that I remember the crybabies protesting seat belt laws.

CraigCZ

Equipment
Shovel…. For now.
Jun 17, 2021
Florida
Sorry, but that is a bit of a stretch...same could be said for getting out of bed in the morning, if one is lucky enough to wake up...neighbor recently didn't...not related to this virus discussion though...
A bit of a stretch? Hell yes! But that is how a government slowly erodes your freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.