Leaking coolant valve on LX2610 - hoping isn't too bad

Chris Williams

May 6, 2022
New Hampshire
HI everyone I found some message that this may be a common issue, somewhat but I am leaking coolant out the drain valve on the left side of the engine. I am glad it doesn't seem to be a block or anything but I would like to address it. Can this valve just be removed without draining all coolant, it's obviously winter and I would love to minimize the work for it. Thank you in advance.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
HI everyone I found some message that this may be a common issue, somewhat but I am leaking coolant out the drain valve on the left side of the engine. I am glad it doesn't seem to be a block or anything but I would like to address it. Can this valve just be removed without draining all coolant, it's obviously winter and I would love to minimize the work for it. Thank you in advance.
Put a vacuum cleaner hose on radiator fill spout, and hold suction while removing/replacing the drain valve.

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
You might save a bigger mess if you just get a clean pail to drain all the coolant into. Replace the valve and then poor the coolant back in the radiator. You'll hardly waste a drop!

It'd be no different than when you drain/replace the coolant during the scheduled maintenance when that calls for it. Also and easy job!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it's leaking out the outlet of the valve, just put a rubber cap over the outlet for now.
If it's the valve body leaking or the connection to the block, drain it and replace the valve.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Did you by any chance see that it is shut off snuggly?