leaf vacuum power rake

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
comb92, if that is a grease point on that white gizmo....that would mean there's a hole though the outer tube below that point somewhere. Maybe that grease point can be pushed outward from within the steel tube to allow it to slide backwards or even forwards to remove it for resizing? Just a thought. (But then why the adhesive goop?) If so, you could mimic its features and drill another hole after cutting the shaft to length. Same for the round steel collar. Still seems like a lot of work for something not necessary in this application.

David

Reactions: 1 users

comb92

Equipment
BX2380 with FEL, Forks, 60" MMM, and Front Snowblower
Apr 27, 2021
Massachusetts
very similar to my situation here, same size. No more walking around with the leaf blower blaring. It's going to cut your clearing time tremendously. Aside from the work it puts out, I love how quiet it is. I use mine without the deflector chute, its a little more nimble.
Nice tip, I didn't think about not installing the deflector chute. My property is long so I'll probably end up driving up the middle and blowing to each side anyway. I may take it off. Haven't heard it yet but that was another draw for me, I did hear it was quiet.

comb92

Equipment
Apr 27, 2021
Massachusetts
comb92, if that is a grease point on that white gizmo....that would mean there's a hole though the outer tube below that point somewhere. Maybe that grease point can be pushed outward from within the steel tube to allow it to slide backwards or even forwards to remove it for resizing? Just a thought. (But then why the adhesive goop?) If so, you could mimic its features and drill another hole after cutting the shaft to length. Same for the round steel collar. Still seems like a lot of work for something not necessary in this application.

David
That all sounds about right but like you said, no idea why its adhered to the shaft. After I ran into that issue I put it back together to work on another day (had some mowing to do). More than likely I'll end up just cutting it off....realistically I'm only going to be using it a handful of times per year so I don't mind the extra effort to take it apart and grease as necessary. Don't need the plastic zerk for that. I'll get back to cutting it next weekend and keep you all posted.

Reactions: 1 user

comb92

Equipment
Apr 27, 2021
Massachusetts
Quick update on the shaft: EA called up Agrimetal and they confirmed what everyone is saying here. The plastic ring has a zerk to lube the inner shaft without having to separate the two shaft halves. The metal collar is a centering feature for the plastic shield of the inner shaft. They basically said it was fine to just cut wherever I need to/cut those features off.

mitrekab24

Equipment
BX23S, 54" MMM, Land Pride Grapple, Landscape Rake, Pallet Forks, etc.
Dec 11, 2020
Monterey, TN
Hi guys, loved reading this thread while researching leaf management options for my 12 very hilly acres of trees and 1/4 mile long driveway with 200' of elevation change. For the last 5 years, including this fall, I've been humping up, down, and all around with a Stihl backpack blower. Great exercise, but not getting any younger. After reading all of your experiences, I think the AgriMetal 1600 is also the solution for me. Looked at EA's website but can't find it anywhere. Will call them on Monday (it's now Sat evening) but wondering if they don't sell it anymore, does anyone have another option for purchasing from a reputable supplier? Also, pricing for the 1600? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hi guys, loved reading this thread while researching leaf management options for my 12 very hilly acres of trees and 1/4 mile long driveway with 200' of elevation change. For the last 5 years, including this fall, I've been humping up, down, and all around with a Stihl backpack blower. Great exercise, but not getting any younger. After reading all of your experiences, I think the AgriMetal 1600 is also the solution for me. Looked at EA's website but can't find it anywhere. Will call them on Monday (it's now Sat evening) but wondering if they don't sell it anymore, does anyone have another option for purchasing from a reputable supplier? Also, pricing for the 1600? Thanks!
Hey mitrekab24, Welcome to OTT!! Lots of great info and help on this site.

It looks like EA still lists the AgriMetal blowers here but don't show any model #'s to choose from. Maybe it's an availability issue? A call might get you what you need to know.

Another option is AgriMetal itself Select the "Dealer Locator" tab and see if that will locate a dealer near you. Or at least let you find a dealer that may have one in stock, ready to ship.

It sounds like it would suit your needs quite well. Mine has been foolproof going on close to, if not 30 yrs. now. Just finished up leaf cleanup this past week.

You might be interested in my new home made "Leaf Blower Acoutrement" attachment that I just put together to aid the blower in certain conditions. I'll get a couple of pictures together and post them. It worked out pretty well. :) A leaf dozer blade for the SSQA.

Welcome to the club! Maybe some of the ones that have recently purchased will chime in on possible places to purchase other than EA if necessary.

David

The "Dealer Selector" tab on the AgriMetal site shows a few dealers right in TN and even states adjoining.

Last edited:

mitrekab24

Equipment
BX23S, 54" MMM, Land Pride Grapple, Landscape Rake, Pallet Forks, etc.
Dec 11, 2020
Monterey, TN
Hey mitrekab24, Welcome to OTT!! Lots of great info and help on this site.

It looks like EA still lists the AgriMetal blowers here but don't show any model #'s to choose from. Maybe it's an availability issue? A call might get you what you need to know.

Another option is AgriMetal itself Select the "Dealer Locator" tab and see if that will locate a dealer near you. Or at least let you find a dealer that may have one in stock, ready to ship.

It sounds like it would suit your needs quite well. Mine has been foolproof going on close to, if not 30 yrs. now. Just finished up leaf cleanup this past week.

You might be interested in my new home made "Leaf Blower Acoutrement" attachment that I just put together to aid the blower in certain conditions. I'll get a couple of pictures together and post them. It worked out pretty well. :) A leaf dozer blade for the SSQA.

Welcome to the club! Maybe some of the ones that have recently purchased will chime in on possible places to purchase other than EA if necessary.

David

The "Dealer Selector" tab on the AgriMetal site shows a few dealers right in TN and even states adjoining.
David, Appreciate the info and link. Look forward to seeing your SSQA leaf plow attachment!

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
OK THANKS GUYS / I know were in can lay my hands on a old siage blower / Sounding like a new fab project in the making.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
David, Appreciate the info and link. Look forward to seeing your SSQA leaf plow attachment!
Here ya go....Leaf Bulldozer Blade
Nothing fancy, at all!! :ROFLMAO: But a short afternoon scrounging and $20 out of pocket and it was ready for a trial run. I didn't want to put too much effort into it until the proof of concept suggested it was worth keeping and improving.

I think replacing the HDPE blade with some stiffer rubber belting will be the last improvement needed. For my areas, the blade isn't needed often. But it's also a nice compact front ballast weight for the blower on the back end. And awful handy for moving those bulky windrows or find yourself trying to work against the wind!

David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
OK THANKS GUYS / I know were in can lay my hands on a old siage blower / Sounding like a new fab project in the making.
Looking forward to that build, ferguson!! As kids, we used to help my uncle put up corn sileage into his silo with one of those blowers. He wouldn't let us kids within 10 ft. of that machine when running! LOL!
But it was a fun job and the aroma from the chopped corn was so nice! Can still hear the sound it made.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
'Tis the season!

here is the blower moving the last section to woods perimeter on the LX

Last edited:
  • Love