Lazy mans snow chute turner

TGReaper

Equipment
BX2200
Sep 28, 2010
Canada
As many of you are aware the Buhler (Allied/Farm King etc.)snow blowers normally come with a crank and cable system to turn the chute.
There really is not much wrong with this system,other than being quite inconvenient if you have some type of protection like a cab or in my case 1/2 cab.
Below are some pictures of my solution to this problem.
Dan

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Nice job Dan. It will be easier than turning the crank. I hooked up a power window motor to my friends BX2200 the other day to turn the chute. I made the mounting hardware and put the motor directly on the chute. He was sure happy. Yours looks great!

SRS

Equipment
Cabbed B3030, equipped with a FEL, FEL snow plow, belly mower, and forks.
Jan 3, 2010
Jarrettsville, Maryland
Paul, do you have photos of the power window motor install? Thanks, Stanley

Wildfire

Equipment
Paul, do you have photos of the power window motor install? Thanks, Stanley

Sorry to have taken so long Stanley to answer your post. I haven't been over here in awhile. Good question on the job I did. I went looking for some photos and remembered I snapped one and that was with my phone. The day I did that job the blower was here for a few weeks and the day I got it done there was a Hugh storm coming so I only got it done when the guy had to use it. Anyway I made it all up and built a custom aluminum cover over it. Last year I made up the deflection actuator for it. When I get it back again I'll get detailed photos for you.

SRS

Equipment
Cabbed B3030, equipped with a FEL, FEL snow plow, belly mower, and forks.
Jan 3, 2010
Jarrettsville, Maryland
Paul, no need for detailed photos unless you want to show it to other members. Thank you. I just admire your work (as everyone else does too) and was curious as to how you did it. Thanks again. Stanley

Wildfire

Equipment
Paul, no need for detailed photos unless you want to show it to other members. Thank you. I just admire your work (as everyone else does too) and was curious as to how you did it. Thanks again. Stanley
Thank you sir. I intended on taking more pictures of the thing but didn't think there would be any interest in it at the time plus I was running out of time. I basically made an adapter plate for the motor its self. Then I adapted it to the aluminum bar you see on the blower. I used the ironworker and punched a number of oblong holes in the plate so the motor could be aligned easily using just one Alan key. To get at the adjustments you'll notice there are holes punched in the cover of the motor and you just put your Alan key in there and do the alignment. I machined a shaft to couple up with the wire gear on the blower chute and then wired in a rocker momentary switch.

The system worked so good that if you hit the switch while holding the blower it would turn the blower around on the floor with all the torque. Not the fastest system but very powerful.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
That electric cylinder for the tilt is what I was after. I used a power window motor for the turner as well. Gotta love this site. Thanks guys.:cool: Dusty

Wildfire

Equipment
That electric cylinder for the tilt is what I was after. I used a power window motor for the turner as well. Gotta love this site. Thanks guys.:cool: Dusty
Dusty there called " Linear Actuators". You can get them at Princess Auto. There really slick. I've used them for a number of projects.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Ya I couldn't remember what they were called. I pulled one out of an old zero turn. It was used to raise and lower the deck. Works great. I had previously used an automatic brake pedal adjuster out of some thing, but it was awkward and slow. I installed the power window motor for turning the chute in 09. It works but I am not real happy with its strength. I think I am goin to go with TGreapers idea with the little winch. Cheep cheep. I knew you had used an activator on a blower a while ago. I just wanted to see if my idea of what it should look like was on the money. Seems so.:D Dusty