Land Pride Tiller is wobbly using quick hitch

Sixmaxwells

Equipment
Kubota L3560 & M4D-071
Mar 27, 2020
Callahan, FL
Good evening.

I just got a Kubota L3560 last week. I’ve used a couple other of my implements w/ kubota quick hitch with no issues but when I connected my land pride rotary tiller, it was very wobbly once engaged in the ground. From what I can tell, the two outer points on the three point hitch were secured tightly but the top point on the 3 point hitch was very loose and wobbly and there’s no way to mechanically latch it as far as I know. Is there something I am doing wrong?

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
Do you have the top pin bushed to fit the QH? That's the only reason there would be slop as far as I can tell from my own experience. I think I had to use a double set of bushings to get up to the Cat 3 size of the top hook.
The one exception was the Pine Straw rake from EA, which was not designed at all with QH in mind, in fact they specifically stated it would not work with the QH. Before I even assembled it, I modified it to fit the lower hooks, but the top hook point was a little high to fit the QH tightly even with bushings, so it could move back and forth a little. I finally drilled a new hole in the rake and moved the top pin lower, now everything is tight. EA's concern about the rake not dumping with the pin lower was unfounded. Mine dumps just fine.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Congrats on the new tractor.

They make a top link bushing to make a cat 2 top link work on a cat 1 pin. It may take up the slop and stop it from moving. Also make sure the stabilizers on the 3 point arms are tight.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/cat 2 bushing

CountyLine Category 2 to 1 Top Link Bushing

SKU: 26844699
Product Rating is 4 3.6 (5)
$2.49

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I would want to know what you consider wobbly.

I have a 60" that when engaged in the ground wobbles away. I could weld it directly to the tractor and it would still shake around.

We have a lot of small, medium and large rock to deal with so tilling is violent no matter how it is done. No worries, they are made for it for the most part.

KHW59

Equipment
L-3901 Brushhog, Finish mower, road planner, box blade.
Apr 28, 2016
Palatka Fl
Good evening.

I just got a Kubota L3560 last week. I’ve used a couple other of my implements w/ kubota quick hitch with no issues but when I connected my land pride rotary tiller, it was very wobbly once engaged in the ground. From what I can tell, the two outer points on the three point hitch were secured tightly but the top point on the 3 point hitch was very loose and wobbly and there’s no way to mechanically latch it as far as I know. Is there something I am doing wrong?
I had the same problem with attachments I wanted no up or down play.
So I fabbed up this tool I could install when needed to prevent that. Don't mind that I used a 3-point to reciever adapter I made. It was already on the QH.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The beauty of the QH is it is a Quick Hitch.

I have had to spend some time on EVERY attachment I have to get it QH compatible and the fitment right. Many differences between the manufacturers (QH, and implements) unfortunately.

Usually for me (with a LP QH) it is bushings, usually on the upper and lower.

I still have an issue with the term "wobbly" on a PTO driven tiller in the ground.