Land Pride quick hitch?

Rick in CT

Equipment
BX2360, loader, snow blower, blade, mower
Feb 2, 2015
Wallingford, CT
Hi BillK01,

From your earlier post where you stated that the top link was loose, I interpreted your statement to be that the top pin of the rear blade is fitting loose in the big hook on your quick hitch, is this the case? The standard top pin on the blade is 3/4" in diameter, and the big hook will nicely accept a 1 1/4" pin. When using the QH, you need to build up the diameter of the 3/4" pin to 1 1/4" by using the spacers. I have attached some pictures of my set-up to help explain what I have. If your problem is something else, please explain further or provide a picture.
Regards, Rick

Attachments

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Hi BillK01,

From your earlier post where you stated that the top link was loose, I interpreted your statement to be that the top pin of the rear blade is fitting loose in the big hook on your quick hitch, is this the case? The standard top pin on the blade is 3/4" in diameter, and the big hook will nicely accept a 1 1/4" pin. When using the QH, you need to build up the diameter of the 3/4" pin to 1 1/4" by using the spacers. I have attached some pictures of my set-up to help explain what I have. If your problem is something else, please explain further or provide a picture.
Regards, Rick
Hi Rick. You've described my issue perfectly. I did find the cat 1 to 2 and cat 2 to 3 top link bushings today (had to go to 2 different TSC's to find the 2 to 3).

Anyway...even without any bushings on my top pin it sometimes seems to bind on the hook and won't go into the hook all the way - the pin seems to hang on the little transition from the bent tip of the hook to where it goes vertical. Until today I only had a cat 1 to 2 lower pin bushing and when that was on the top pin there was no way it would go into the hook.

I'm hopeful that the smaller top link bushings will help to line things up better with the top hook on the quick hitch. I just didn't have any time after work today to try the new bushings.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
I've got a QH05 which I really like, but must be missing something here, as I don't understand the need for an adapter. Where do these sleeves go?

On the top pin of each implement you pick up? There may be some slop there, but I've never noticed it to be excessive. Guess I'll take another look.
I'm quoting my own post here--now that I've looked at my implements, I see that both my box blade and grader blade came with a sleeve included over the top hitch pin. These pins are actually bolts that came installed, and are there to make the implements QH compatible. There's an extra set of holes where you'd put the top link pin if you are not using a QH.

I also use a 3ph receiver hitch, and there it looks like I found a sleeve that does the same. All this is to say that I was wrong in assuming a sleeve wasn't necessary for a good fit with the Land Pride QH05--you definitely do want something thicker than the standard top link pin, but if you're implement is designed with a QH in mind, that sleeve may already be there.

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Just replying that I did get the correct 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 bushings for my top link pin on the blade. After some fussing around with the top link distance and the quick hitch orientation in relation to the blade, while it is on the dolly - I sort of got it figured out now. A few more on and offs and I think I'll have it licked. Thanks for all the replies!