• Spring for CUT - it's still justified

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Bitbanger

Equipment
BX or B01
Apr 11, 2021
MidAtl
As you age you will eventually pine for a condominium where you will have no acres and less worries.
I can respect that. It brings to mind a realization I had a few years back about moving from a state with equal four seasons to VA where winters are light or non-existent by comparison. It hit me the first year here just how much time I had spent in the garage transitioning equipment between seasons. Every single season is either tune this up/get this ready, or winterize this / stow it away, swap snow tires, etc, etc,...

Don't get me wrong I'm a busy body and so all those things were, and are things I truly enjoy,... But thinking about all those hours spent over 10-15 years... gives you pause (could it have been time better spent with family, for instance?).

Anyway don't mean to derail the conversation; I'm extremely grateful to have even this "little" 1.2 acres. No matter what tractor I end up with I'm sure it'll be a blast.

One thing I haven't been able to find - maybe you all can help me. Is there some master 'gallery' or historical listing of Kubota models, in Chronological order? Not opposed to used, and I'd like to see a list to use for research/models to search for.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
So far, 7 votes SCUT; 7 votes CUT. Doesn’t look like the OP is gaining much clarity from this group! 🤣

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
One thing I haven't been able to find - maybe you all can help me. Is there some master 'gallery' or historical listing of Kubota models, in Chronological order? Not opposed to used, and I'd like to see a list to use for research/models to search for.
Try the following prior products link from kubota usa website, click on TRACTORS tab for list: LINK CLICK HERE

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I can’t think of too many cities I’d want to live in, but don’t mind visiting a few. If you like city life, I’m kind of wondering why you have a tractor. Or, maybe we have a different idea of city.
Pittsburgh is the city, Shadyside was the neighborhood. A really great place. I am now in the suburbs of Pittsburgh and have a small fixer upper farm an hour away. Google Ligonier , Pa. Beautiful horse country. Some fancy estates nearby. I thought the family would enjoy the "Hillbilly Hideout" as I call it. They hate it. Bugs ,snakes, no television...... Now I spend time there by myself usually. Not a bad thing at all. We have had some nice parties there as well. I believe its appreciated fairly significantly in value over the 9 years I have owned it. Never counted on that. The suburbs are for the children's benefit not mine. One tractor is to save the $200 per week the landscapers want to cut the grass in the suburbs. The Allis Chalmers is for the trails at the Hillbilly Hideout.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
These thread are always...... different. It's like asking my friend who's never been to my house what size and brand of furnace I should install in my home.:cautious:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
These thread are always...... different. It's like asking my friend who's never been to my house what size and brand of furnace I should install in my home.:cautious:
I think you mean you should avoid these threads since you can’t bother to read the information from the OP already posted in the thread, and you make irrelevant posts.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I can’t think of too many cities I’d want to live in, but don’t mind visiting a few. If you like city life, I’m kind of wondering why you have a tractor. Or, maybe we have a different idea of city.
Oh wise one, tell me how this post is relevant!

Bitbanger

Equipment
BX or B01
Apr 11, 2021
MidAtl
HAH yeah that's a pretty good analogy... I know well enough about what I need, or as this thread was more about, bummed about what I now don't need. All is good - I've had my pity party and have made peace with my tractor needs. :)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Pittsburgh is the city, Shadyside was the neighborhood. A really great place. I am now in the suburbs of Pittsburgh and have a small fixer upper farm an hour away. Google Ligonier , Pa. Beautiful horse country. Some fancy estates nearby. I thought the family would enjoy the "Hillbilly Hideout" as I call it. They hate it. Bugs ,snakes, no television...... Now I spend time there by myself and have wifi so I can work from there and love being by myself. We have had some nice parties there as well. I believe its appreciated fairly significantly in value over the 9 years I have owned it. Never counted on that. The suburbs are for the children's benefit not mine. One tractor is to save the $200 per week the landscapers want to cut the grass in the suburbs. The Allis Chalmers is for the trails at the Hillbilly Hideout.
Jim the Laurel Highlands are a nice place no doubt, and the Rolling Rock races bring in a lot of high dollar horses, and riders, and the tail gating, some times looks like it is out of the 1800's. Loylahana creek has some fine trout fishing, and when the water is a bit higher nice to canoe. Then in the fall the High Land games, even though Im an Irish man I still go. And dont forget if any of them are history buffs there is so much history in that area. And a drive or a putt onthe bike over the summit in the fall is not something you will soon forget. I dont know where the Hillbilly Hide out is is, but you surely picked a nice place to hide out.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Jim the Laurel Highlands are a nice place no doubt, and the Rolling Rock races bring in a lot of high dollar horses, and riders, and the tail gating, some times looks like it is out of the 1800's. Loylahana creek has some fine trout fishing, and when the water is a bit higher nice to canoe. Then in the fall the High Land games, even though Im an Irish man I still go. And dont forget if any of them are history buffs there is so much history in that area. And a drive or a putt onthe bike over the summit in the fall is not something you will soon forget. I dont know where the Hillbilly Hide out is is, but you surely picked a nice place to hide out.
I proposed to my then girlfriend and now wife 22 years ago up on that summit . Afterward we feasted on pancakes at Ruthies Diner on route 30 . The loyalhana creek forms the lengthy rear property line of the property. Its been quite a run between kids, real estate, work....Gettin some grey hair now. No complaints. I highly recommend Ruthies Diner. I am also part Irish. Have enjoyed many a Guinness up there.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I proposed to my then girlfriend and now wife 22 years ago up on that summit . Afterward we feasted on pancakes at Ruthies Diner on route 30 . The loyalhana creek forms the lengthy rear property line of the property. Its been quite a run between kids, real estate, work....Gettin some grey hair now. No complaints. I highly recommend Ruthies Diner. I am also part Irish. Have enjoyed many a Guinness up there.
Back inthe day I spent a lot of hours in the micro wave station up on top of the summit, I dont know if it is even there any more. And yep been to the dinner more than once. And maybe this year if the Rolling Rock Races are again being held I will be there and the games too. It is a wonder land in the fall.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Back inthe day I spent a lot of hours in the micro wave station up on top of the summit, I dont know if it is even there any more. And yep been to the dinner more than once. And maybe this year if the Rolling Rock Races are again being held I will be there and the games too. It is a wonder land in the fall.
There is an observatory up there run by the University of Pittsburgh still. The Rolling Rock races were discontinued about ten years ago.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I will be darned I did not know about Rolling Rock races, thats a shame it was interesting place to be, and observe how the well to do, showed off classic cars and fashions of bygone days. It is truely a shame that, race, made so much money for charities.