LA481 Front loader control valve air noise

Yankeeace9

Equipment
L3010
Mar 1, 2019
Williamstown, VT, USA
I am new at do service on my kubota but don't have the $ to have shop service the things wrong with it. I'm in process of changing hydraulic fluid on L3010 and also a hydraulic hose that has leak and in process noticed that the control valve assembly (standard valve type) is making a slight air noise when moving the control lever to the dump position and back to the center. I noticed this with the tractor off when I moved the control lever back and forth to release pressure to remove the leaking hose. I'm not 100% sure but the slight air noise sounds like it is coming from the out port on the bottom of the control valve. Is there supposed to be a air noise or is the system supposed to be completely sealed? Could it be a seal? Any help would be great.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Can't help with your question but Kubota has detailed illustrations that can be very helpful.

Perhaps this link will help you get started. Just follow the prompts.

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Messicks and a few others also offer parts breakdown along with prices for the parts.

Hope someone else can answer your question directly.

Good luck!

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
I am new at do service on my kubota but don't have the $ to have shop service the things wrong with it. I'm in process of changing hydraulic fluid on L3010 and also a hydraulic hose that has leak and in process noticed that the control valve assembly (standard valve type) is making a slight air noise when moving the control lever to the dump position and back to the center. I noticed this with the tractor off when I moved the control lever back and forth to release pressure to remove the leaking hose. I'm not 100% sure but the slight air noise sounds like it is coming from the out port on the bottom of the control valve. Is there supposed to be a air noise or is the system supposed to be completely sealed? Could it be a seal? Any help would be great.
Just be ready with many containers when emptying the hydraulic fluid it is a high volume be prepared i cant help re air noise but im sure someone here will let you know best sight ever for kubota

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Most likely your just hearing the fluid moving when not under pressure sounds more like air than fluid.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I have a LA481 also. It has always made a sound like you describe that I'm sure is just HF moving fast thru the valve. It is most noticeable if I drop the frame quickly.
Welcome to the forum.