LA340S Loader Stand and Hydraulics

E10

Nov 16, 2018
NY
I am going to guess that my BX23S loader stand is not supposed to touch the hydraulic line(s) connected to the cylinder like this?

I have a couple of questions for the experts. How flat should the crossmember of the stand be (bent back into shape)? Is the Hydraulic line from the top of the cylinder to the 3rd function valve routed correctly?

Picture of the loader bracket removed and sitting upright in the bucket.

Looking up under the loader arms to the cylinder hose. Is it routed well? Should it have been routed another way as to not kink as much and interfere with my bent loader stand :)

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I don't know about the loader stand, but the hydraulic hoses shouldn't be rubbing against the lines or anything else. Either take the lines loose AFTER you relieve any pressure and reroute them if you can, or if you can't, slit a piece of rubber hose of some sort and wrap around the hard line and secure in place with tyraps or hose clamps.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The upper hose should be routed to the left at about 10:00 position and over the upper cylinder mounting bracket to the third function valve.
Your loader stand should be flat across the horizontal support.

Sent you a P.M.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I dont know what happened here, but that kickstand is all bent to hell. Hoses aren`t routed right either. Somebody goober`d this SOB up GOOD!!!

E10

Nov 16, 2018
NY
I’m sure I bent the loader stand not knowing how to use it properly. I noticed something was wrong when it got harder and harder to lock the stand in place then it bowed in so much that the locking arms would barely grab the pins. When the stand does lock into place, the bent orange crossmember pushes on the 3rd function/diverter valve hose (that was apparently routed incorrectly by the dealer). Only 30 hours on it.

I’m going to try something to bend it back into shape. Maybe drive on it?
Any ideas? It does seem twisted as well.

Another shot of the hoses.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
It's bent.

It's not uncommon.

The system is not my idea of "consumer friendly". Once you figure out how to use it, it works ok. Same for the "easy-over" deck. Ain't nothing easy about that turd. JD is even worse. But I don't have any better suggestion other than to go back to the old way of doing it which was proven

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I’m going to try something to bend it back into shape. Maybe drive on it?
Any ideas? It does seem twisted as well.
No matter how you try to straighten the bent piece out, the flange is going to buckle because it's been stretched. You might be able to heat it up red hot and work on it with a hammer and heavy dolly, but it would take a torch with a rosebud to get a big enough area hot at one time, and it's going to take two people to do it.
To do it right, you'll have to make a few small wedge shaped cuts in the flange so when you flatten the plate out the cuts come back together, then have them welded up.
Or you could cut the flange off, straighten the plate then weld a new piece of bar stock on in it's place.
If you don't have the equipment or ability to repair it, take it off and take it to a repair shop.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Use the bucket hydraulics to bend it back, a simple heavy strap or chain on the braket and under the bucket and roll it up to bend the bar back into shape. ;)