L5460 no auto Regenerate

jdorsett

Equipment
L5460
Nov 20, 2018
Phoenix
Hi
I have a 2014 L5460 with 1150 hours. I mostly use it as a forklift so mostly low rpms. The machine will not auto regen, the light flashes on the dash but it will not go solid at any rpm. I have run it at 2200 rpm for several minutes and it will not start the regen. After 30 minutes it finally times out and asks for parked regen which operates as stated in the manual. The parked regen takes 15 minutes and all is well again. I have changed the temp sensor thinking that may be an issue, it had a code when i got the tractor. Not sure what else could be stopping the auto regen.
Any suggestions please.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I don’t know what wide open throttle is for your machine. 2200rpm sounds a bit low, but maybe not. For mine, if it isn’t pulling hard at the time of regen request it usually takes WOT or close to it to get the light to stop flashing and start the auto regen cycle. Running it at lower than acceptable rpm for several minutes doesn’t seem to help. Once you hit the magic rpm the light will go solid immediately. If it won’t stop flashing at WOT and run the auto regen I got no clue.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I was about to say the same thing. Try a higher rpm and longer time. It occasionally takes a few minutes for mine to kick in. If after that it is no go, I think something is amiss. Unless given your address it is too hot?

jdorsett

Equipment
L5460
Nov 20, 2018
Phoenix
I ran it up to 2200 since that is what the computer does for the parked regen. I will go all the way next time and see if that will do it.
Thanks

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
there are several prerequisites for passive regeneration

RPM is one of them. If the up arrow lamp is out, the rpm is high enough. It is in the dash, has a picture of an engine with an arrow in the middle pointing up. When it wants more rpm, that lamp will flash

engine temp. If the engine is cold, it won't regen until it's warmed up.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
For my 3301 I have to get around 2700 or so for regen. Manual doesn't specify any specific rpm, just says to raise it until the light stops flashing.

turnkey47

Equipment
L3901,farmi351 winch,land pride backblade and snowblower,bush hog sq60
Jun 21, 2019
fort ann,ny
on my l3901dt i have to raise the rpm's to about 2800 then the arrow light goes out..the regen light still flashes for about 3 0r 4 minutes then goes out and regen starts...i think the regen light keeps flashing because the engine isn't hot enough for regen???

jdorsett

Equipment
L5460
Nov 20, 2018
Phoenix
Had my annual regen yesterday. Light began flashing at 100 % on the dash. I pushed the rpms to WOT for about 10 or 15 minutes and nothing. I put the parking brake on and the range selector in neutral getting ready for a parked regen. I then pushed the regen inhibit switch and it started to regen. It drives me crazy to go thru this half hour of drama once a year with a different process each time. This is the biggest workout the tractor gets all year WOT for 30 min.

mikedlee

Equipment
M6060
Feb 8, 2021
Blountsville, Alabama
This seems to be an issue with so many operators. Wow, annual REGEN. Mine is a little more often even while working tractor hard. I have a 2015 M6060 and I have to press the AUTO REGEN button to enter the AUTO REGEN mode every time I crank tractor. My AUTO REGEN button DOES NOT have a circle/slash imprinted on it. That means it is automatically in INHIBIT mode when cranked and the button has to be pressed and light up to go into the AUTO REGEN mode. The 2015 and earlier years all probably work like that. As you said when you press what you think is the INHIBIT button it will REGEN. My thoughts are that you were confused about how this button operates. If it DOES NOT have a circle and slash mark imprinted on the button, it is the AUTO REGEN button that must be press every time you crank to be in the AUTO mode. Newer years crank with it automatically in the AUTO REGEN mode the way it should have been to start with and to prevent it from regening in dangerous environment you would have to press the INHIBIT and it light up to get out of AUTO REGEN. I believe you said your tractor was a 2014, so this is very possible. Good luck.