L5030 2006hst problems Help

duramaxcruzer

Dec 18, 2019
Meaford
very cold today started tractor to let warm uo to blow snow changed all hydr fluids and filters in fall. Lifted loaded great difficulty then 3 p hitch slow as well then noticed a noise put my hand on hydro filter bad vibration on filter and line tried moving tractor moved 10, feet quit tried raise loader slowly went up a bit then noise started at filter again if I pulled loader joystick up tractor would move again 10 feet as long as I pulled loaded lever it is like fluid is restricted. My neigbour put it in his shed to melt down overnight hope it helps any ideas or a wsm would be great thanks everyone Al

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like you either have the wrong hydraulic fluid in it, or you have water in the hydraulic fluid or both.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
My owners manual gives suggested warm up times for various temperatures. You could try starting your tractor and let it idle while you go back in for another cup of coffee. If you have air in the lines you could try cycling the FEL a few times to hopefully purge it.

duramaxcruzer

Dec 18, 2019
Meaford
I tried letting it run to warm up Did not help it a awfull noise almost sounds like a spline shaft slipping hst line vibrating its being inside heat overnight going to try this morning just changed all fluids and filters 2 months ago

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I tried letting it run to warm up Did not help it a awfull noise almost sounds like a spline shaft slipping hst line vibrating its being inside heat overnight going to try this morning just changed all fluids and filters 2 months ago
What fluid was used (manufacture and type)?

Hopefully you have success after it is allowed to warm up in the heat overnight.

duramaxcruzer

Dec 18, 2019
Meaford
just changed all filters and used all Kubota Parts and There Hydralic oil 2 months ago. Does anyone have a WSM For 5030 Thank you for everyones help great site love my Kubota first problem in 12 years owning Al

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Does anyone have a WSM For 5030 Thank you for everyones help great site love my Kubota first problem in 12 years owning Al
WSM can be procured from your local dealer. That's where I got mine.

Was there any improvement in operation after the tractor was allowed spend time in a warm environment?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There was a run of bad / wrong Kubota fluid a while ago, another member ran into it.

Your talking about 2 separate yet related hydraulics systems that are failing.

One system uses the Propeller shaft to get it drive (HST) and the other system uses the fuel cam to drive it.

Now what the two systems do share is the filter and the suction line, it's not uncommon for one of the rubber section of the lines to get a hole or crack in them, or for one of the steel sections to rub a hole through them.

Inspect the lines looking for wet spots, as they normally won't present as a real leak, when the system is running it will suck air (more so when cold) and cavitate the system.

Also check for a second seal that could have been left on when the new filter was put on, that will also cause a suction leak.

One other option is you have a bad filter, it's rare but it does happen.

And yes hydraulic cavitation will sound like a pump stripping it splines! ;)

Attachments

duramaxcruzer

Dec 18, 2019
Meaford
Geez everyone here is great. Thanks to all again and Merry Christmas. I did download the wsm thanks for the link and thank you Wolfman for taking the time to help. Changed all fluids and filters again about 2 hrs ago just went blew out lane way nice to have steering again and it moves forward and back loader works everything seems normal again will see how it works tomorrow sitting outside tonight thank you again to all.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Geez everyone here is great. Thanks to all again and Merry Christmas. I did download the wsm thanks for the link and thank you Wolfman for taking the time to help. Changed all fluids and filters again about 2 hrs ago just went blew out lane way nice to have steering again and it moves forward and back loader works everything seems normal again will see how it works tomorrow sitting outside tonight thank you again to all.
If you can, put the old fluid out in the cold and let it freeze, if there is a lump or a block of ice then there is your issue, I would also get it hot again and change fluids and filter again to flush it out a little more.

If it quits again after it's cold, The I would say with a lot of certainty that you have a suction leak, and it simply just can't pull the cold fluid into the pump without pulling air too. ;)