L4600hst ghost steering

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
The steering post tube broke at the base. I had the steering post welded back together. After reassembly, the tractor self steers. The front wheels have a mind of their own. Sitting idling, the wheels start moving left to right. All we did was repair the broken steering post tube. The steering was working fine prior. No hoses were removed.
Added symptoms: If I turn the steering wheel off center in either direction, the wheels turn in that direction to the stop.

Are hydraulic steering units ( TC430-37000) repairable?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The steering post tube broke at the base. I had the steering post welded back together. After reassembly, the tractor self steers. The front wheels have a mind of their own. Sitting idling, the wheels start moving left to right. All we did was repair the broken steering post tube. The steering was working fine prior. No hoses were removed.
Added symptoms: If I turn the steering wheel off center in either direction, the wheels turn in that direction to the stop.

Are hydraulic steering units ( TC430-37000) repairable?
I'm pretty sure that it is, but I can't find a rebuild kit for it???
Do you have a good local hydraulic shop?
If not here are a few leads on replacements:

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I'm pretty sure that it is, but I can't find a rebuild kit for it???
Do you have a good local hydraulic shop?
If not here are a few leads on replacements:

Wolfman, thanks for the reply. I figure that if anyone had ever been into one it would be you.
I'll give the local hydraulics guy a try. The tractor is old and the replacement part represents a good percentage of the value of the thing. I'm thinking that my best bet is to trade it and go new.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wolfman, thanks for the reply. I figure that if anyone had ever been into one it would be you.
I'll give the local hydraulics guy a try. The tractor is old and the replacement part represents a good percentage of the value of the thing. I'm thinking that my best bet is to trade it and go new.
Yea sadly there is getting more and more of these older models that are getting to pricey to make it a good option.
I running into so may that are just so expensive to get parts for!