L3901 vs L3560

paparob

Jul 22, 2018
olympia
I'm probably not alone in that I'm going crazy trying to decide which tractor to get here. I was set on the l3901 with tlb and some other impliments***8230;..but now I'm wondering if I should go with the l3560 tlb and get impliments later (actually would). Honestly, my only worry would be size I think. I own a construction company, so not only would I be using the tractor on my 5acres for clearing in the woods, and also maintaining my 1k foot driveway, but also would be using it for residential construction when needed...maybe even hiring out for clearing, etc. So I'd be trailering it and going into smaller areas possibly. I know the "numbers" but just wondering what your thoughts are, with actual hands on experience.
Thanks,
PapaRob

On a side note, I wasn't interested in the 4701...I figured if I was going to go up in price I'd be happier with the extra options and confort, assuming the 35hp would be enough to do what I needed without any real struggle.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
i have an L3901 and i love it. A cab would be nice for the rain and snow, angry insects with stingers and teeth. :rolleyes:

From your post it seems your just trying to decide between a cab and no cab. pretty much open station vs comfort. did you test drive either of them?

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
I went through the same decision and got the Grand L3560, primarily because of the extra tractor weight. The HST+ transmission with the turtle-rabbit mode is great. The foot pedal being smaller is easy to use by just shifting your toe to forward or reverse, no need to heel-toe it. The seat is comfortable. The low fuel filler makes fueling easier. The loader control arm is a closer reach which I like. The BH77 backhoe has been strong digging out bamboo roots and I'm comfortable with the seat and controls position. I've only used the LA805 loader a little bit so far. I love the tractor. I only have 19 hours on it so far.

paparob

Jul 22, 2018
olympia
I like all the benefits, just not sure the actual size is going to allow me in tight spots. I haven't actually looked at one next to the 3901....so I'm not sure how much bigger they really are I guess.....maybe ANOTHER trip to the dealership is in order.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was set on the l3901 with tlb and some other impliments***8230;..but now I'm wondering if I should go with the l3560 tlb and get impliments later (actually would).
Please stop calling a L3901 and L3560 a TLB, they are not TLB's. :cool:

They are an AG tractor that can be equipped with a Loader and a BH.

Being that your in construction you really should look into the B26 TLB or a L47 TLB, much much tougher unit for construction work. ;)

A L3901 is a simple basic model, a L3650 is a deluxe model, a L47TLB is the steroid version of them.

Last edited:

paparob

Jul 22, 2018
olympia
Please stop calling a L3901 and L3560 a TLB, they are not TLB's.

They are an AG tractor that can be equipped with a Loader and a BH.

Being that your in construction you really should look into the B26 TLB or a L47 TLB, much much tougher unit for construction work. ;)

A L3901 is a simple basic model, a L3650 is a deluxe model, a L47TLB is the steroid version of them.

If you look, I wasn't actually calling TLB's.....I was saying "with" tlb, as in, a 3901 with tlb (tractor loader and backhoe). I am aware of the tlb series, but I won't be using it for the type of construction I do.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I own a construction company, so not only would I be using the tractor on my 5acres for clearing in the woods, and also maintaining my 1k foot driveway, but also would be using it for residential construction when needed...maybe even hiring out for clearing, etc.
OK...I guess I totaly misread what you said in your first post. :confused:

Please disregard any information that I gave! ;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I think that the only feature that would cramp your style in the woods significantly is a cab, which you didn't mention, but someone else did. Lower your rops and you can go most places with either a 3901 or a 3560. I spend more time worrying that a branch is going to break the glass in my B2650 than hitting me in the 3560 no cab. Just don't roll it with the rops down :eek:

paparob

Jul 22, 2018
olympia
OK...I guess I totaly misread what you said in your first post. :confused:

Please disregard any information that I gave! ;)
haha, well look at that...I DID say that ;) I meant more for fences, decks, things like that, smaller lots in residential areas, like neighborhoods. Also thought maybe as a side job I could do small clearing jobs. You only misread the TLD part (though in all fairness, I think you're right, I should be carefull how I use that, because it could be easily misunderstood)….I wasn't clear about the construction work ;)

paparob

Jul 22, 2018
olympia
I think that the only feature that would cramp your style in the woods significantly is a cab, which you didn't mention, but someone else did. Lower your rops and you can go most places with either a 3901 or a 3560. I spend more time worrying that a branch is going to break the glass in my B2650 than hitting me in the 3560 no cab. Just don't roll it with the rops down :eek:

I should have answered to that before, when it was mentioned earlier. I won't be getting a cab. maaaybe a canopy, but only if I can remove it for specific jobs.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
I interpreted the TLB comment in the same manner as Wolfman. Use of a small compact as a construction machine is a recipe for disappointment and unanticipated expense. Also would NOT share w/ dealer any intended commercial use, could impact warranty coverage. Kubota is sensitive as to how their machines will be used.

Construction has many connotations, but few require a tractor for interior renovation.

Therefore, foundations or utility trenching seems a logical progression.

honestly I am not familiar w/ the smaller Kubota lines however the members that opted for the premium Grand l, such as 3560, seem very enthused w/ that purchase. Believe they may be more rugged as well as providing enhanced operating comfort features. This enhanced hydro transmission seems especially popular. Test drive both, weight cost vs benefit.

EDIT:
Too belabor the point, in your post #1, when you reference the 3560, the "with" is Deleted. Wolfman needs NO ONE to stick up for him, as he is honorable and capable, but I support most of his positions anyway.

Last edited:

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
That glass in the cab's is pretty strong.....and I doubt your going to break it unless you really whack it with a tree. My dealer says that he has never had someone break one of the glass doors or windows in a cab tractor.....and he has sold cab tractors for 12+ years. (I hope I am not the first!).

I will agree tho that not all wooded property is set up for use with a cab. Until the last few years my land would not allow me to operate with a cab. I will need to trim a few low branches around my place and prep my trails a bit. But I dont expect lots of problems in operating due to the new cab tractor I am getting.

I sure hope I dont eat those words. GRIN! ;).

paparob

Jul 22, 2018
olympia
went down and looked, that 3560 is quite a bit bigger than the 3901. Since I already went from wanting a B series to an L, and the physical size of the tractor is going to matter....think I'll stay with the L3901 (also went to that, from a l2501).
Thanks for all the input everyone. now to just see what I can work in the deal for attachments. I'd like every single possible attachment that fits on it, of course..ha...but I'm guessing I'll be starting out with loader, backhoe, brush hog, grader scraper, canopy/lights and maaaybe get the 3rd function switch installed so I can get a grapple later.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
Nice that you were able to compare the two at the Dealer and made a good choice! My Dealer doesn't stock Grand L's so I had to guess what the size would be like between the L3901 and L4701 that they did have, and the specs.

paparob

Jul 22, 2018
olympia
You will be happy no matter what! Congrats and post pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely....I have them working something up for me now.

3901 SSQA 525
BH77
Canopy/lights
Cruise control
Grader scraper
Brush hog 2060
3rd function (future grapple)
Hopefully they can come in at a price that works for me, if so, I'll order it today and see if they can deliver it tomorrow :)