L3901 and L3301

Fender5803

Equipment
L3901 LA525 BH77; LP 1860 rotory cutter; LP 1060 grapple; forks & bucket
Aug 9, 2015
Henniker, NH
Re: regens I am at 80 hours and have only regened once that I know of at about 35 hours aprox. I suppose it's possible I missed one but I doubt it based on the first one ... It seems as I read the threads many have had many more regens ...
Mine is a 2016 L3901. I do try to keep the rev's up in general. I set my throttle to idle at about 1150 rpm and not at full turtle which is below or at 900 aprox.
Best to all,
-DT

frysl

Equipment
L3301 LA525 FEL & FDR1672 6' Finish Mower
Jun 13, 2016
Sumner County, TN
When you take it on or off do not use your arms to lift the loader frame. Use the curl function on your bucket and it goes on and off easier. When you put it back on put the pin in that goes easy and then curl the front of you bucket to line the second one up. Mine does the same thing and this is how I solved that. I am thinking maybe the loader mount on one side settled but am not sure what the cause is
Got the problem solved thanks to this forum!
I ran the arms all the way out and back in to make sure the arms were extending equally, and that solved the issue. Both pins slid out and back in smooth as butter.
Steve

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Got the problem solved thanks to this forum!
I ran the arms all the way out and back in to make sure the arms were extending equally, and that solved the issue. Both pins slid out and back in smooth as butter.
Steve
Always try to remove the loader on flat / level terrain, and careful of dropping it within 3' of anything if the terrain is other than flat and level. I've watched someone do all kinds of damage trying to get an FEL back on in uneven terrain and next to a fence. They didn't want help.......I had 2 hours of entertainment :D

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
What I'm seeing is a pretty good spread on the regen hours depending on what I'm doing. Brush cutting and stump grinding where it's running at PTO speed, I've got 40+ hours since last regen. Loader and grapple work running at 1500-1900 rpm, 16-18 hours.

I'm guessing that your workload rpm's are pretty consistent and it's timing out with refueling?

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
What I'm seeing is a pretty good spread on the regen hours depending on what I'm doing. Brush cutting and stump grinding where it's running at PTO speed, I've got 40+ hours since last regen. Loader and grapple work running at 1500-1900 rpm, 16-18 hours.

I'm guessing that your workload rpm's are pretty consistent and it's timing out with refueling?
Thats about what I am seeing also. The harder I run it the longer between regens. Most happen around 15 to 20 hours just doing small jobs. I hauled manure down the road about 3 miles and it went over 40 hours before doing a regen

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
I am new to this forum. Just signed all the paperwork for a new L3901HST yesterday. I'll be out of town on business for a week so I'll pick it up on the 18th. Waiting to play with my new toy will drive me nuts. I sold my JD 3005 and upgraded to a Kubota L series. I did a lot of research and read about your experiences before I pulled the trigger. At least I kept all my implements from the 3005 but they are the wrong color (green). I'll need to do some painting to fix that. The 60" box blade, 54" tiller, 72" disk harrow, and speeco post hole digger, will all go right onto my 3901. So far I really like this forum. Lots of information and so very little back biting. Refreshing. I'll learn how to post pics and start posting once I have my toy. My old B7100 has right at 10,000 hours now and still runs. My JD 3005 was developing problems so I went back to what I know holds up. I shoulda got a Kubota 5 yrs ago when I got the JD. Live and learn.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
I am new to this forum. Just signed all the paperwork for a new L3901HST yesterday. I'll be out of town on business for a week so I'll pick it up on the 18th. Waiting to play with my new toy will drive me nuts. I sold my JD 3005 and upgraded to a Kubota L series. I did a lot of research and read about your experiences before I pulled the trigger. At least I kept all my implements from the 3005 but they are the wrong color (green). I'll need to do some painting to fix that. The 60" box blade, 54" tiller, 72" disk harrow, and speeco post hole digger, will all go right onto my 3901. So far I really like this forum. Lots of information and so very little back biting. Refreshing. I'll learn how to post pics and start posting once I have my toy. My old B7100 has right at 10,000 hours now and still runs. My JD 3005 was developing problems so I went back to what I know holds up. I shoulda got a Kubota 5 yrs ago when I got the JD. Live and learn.
Welcome, we all like pictures!:D

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
FrozenOrange, I think you will enjoy your new L3901, I have over 200 hours on mine so far. Keep us updated on anything you do to it and you know we all like pictures.

Rigger Dave

Equipment
L3301
Nov 11, 2016
Camden, NC
Just hit 25 hours on my 3301. No regens so far, but I got it with 12 hours on it. I've also noticed how loud the hst is but it quiets down after running for a while. After mowing for an hour I could even hear the diesel running.

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
I had the dealer give me all the parts they removed from my tractor during the set up, cross bar, hoe pins, and the FEL control knob, you never know when you might want the parts and I paid for them. That said, I just checked my tractor and their is no way you can leave the bar installed and use the BH seat, it clears the seat in the folded (stored) position by possibly 1-2 inches. I am in the process of making a bracket to mount the SMV sign on the right side for when the BH is removed. The SMV sign bracket is on the cross bar they were going to scrap.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
I got home from a business trip last evening and found my truck in the driveway with a trailer hooked on it and a brand new L3901HST sitting on it. With all the delays etc I was not going to make it home in time to get my new toy. Our local dealer loaned my wife one of their trailers and loaded the machine on it. She towed it home and it was sitting there waiting. Woo-Hoo I do love my wife (of 35 yrs). I was a bit confused. Do I kiss my wife first or my new tractor? I decided to do the smart thing and had a nice late dinner with her and then go play with the tractor much later. Nice thing about near 24 hr daylight this time of year.
I was amazed at how quiet the 3901 is. Compared to the JD 3005 I had and my old old B7100 it's a Cadillac. Sad sigh I have to work a 13 hr day today but this weekend.... Time for some fun. Thank goodness for long daylight hours. I'll try and take some pics.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What's that old saying, "Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."

I guess this is a situation where you got the bear! Nice machine. Have fun, be safe.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Put in 4.3 hours on the new 3901. I'm so glad I got it. It purrs quiet compared to my old machines and nicest is no diesel exhaust fume smells. On the old machines I always come in the house smelling like diesel exhaust. Smooth power. I pulled a wood hauling trailer (old pickup bed trailer) all over our woods bringing out loads of wood. Lots of weight and it pulled so easy. Only strange thing is at 2200 rpm the bucket raises and lowers so lightning fast. I'm learning but it's touchy. With my old machine if you felt at all tippy moving a load you lowered the bucket. I felt that way Sunday so pushed down quick. Wow It slammed down fast. I still have to fill my tires and will do that Friday. The box blade with 100 lbs of steel stacked on is good but I want/like the stability of filled tires as well. I'm so happy woo-hoo. I mean I've gotta go out and work with the tractor now. Yeah that's my story.:)

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Put in 4.3 hours on the new 3901. I'm so glad I got it. It purrs quiet compared to my old machines and nicest is no diesel exhaust fume smells. On the old machines I always come in the house smelling like diesel exhaust. Smooth power. I pulled a wood hauling trailer (old pickup bed trailer) all over our woods bringing out loads of wood. Lots of weight and it pulled so easy. Only strange thing is at 2200 rpm the bucket raises and lowers so lightning fast. I'm learning but it's touchy. With my old machine if you felt at all tippy moving a load you lowered the bucket. I felt that way Sunday so pushed down quick. Wow It slammed down fast. I still have to fill my tires and will do that Friday. The box blade with 100 lbs of steel stacked on is good but I want/like the stability of filled tires as well. I'm so happy woo-hoo. I mean I've gotta go out and work with the tractor now. Yeah that's my story.:)
I have 2 inch wheel spacers and load tires. Made a world of a diffrence. :cool:

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
First try at posting pics. I have the first tractor I ever learned on. A 1979 B7100 manual transmission. A few years ago I completely rebuilt it and added the Buhler 95 FEL. Neat old machine but a model T Ford compared to the new L3901HST Cadillac. Also putting a pic of the JD 3005 I sold a couple months ago. Nice machine but no comparison to the L3901.

Attachments

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
I got my new L3301HST with BH77 about a month ago, and I'm loving it. It had 4.7 hours on the clock when it arrived at my property, and now it's at 19 hours. I don't think I have had a regen yet. Most of the time I have ran it has been at PTO speed, running a brush cutter. I've had the DPF regen inhibited most of the time since I'm mowing dry weeds, and I don't want it to happen while I'm in a cloud of chopped-up tinder. I gather that I should be expecting my first regen pretty soon, and that mine is coming a bit later since I've been running the engine at PTO speed most of the time?

The main annoyance I have had is the radiator screen rapidly getting clogged with clippings when I'm mowing my dry weeds. The engine temperature shoots up if I don't catch it in time, but I'm getting better at clearing the screen before it gets too clogged. Next year I'll try to get to the weeds earlier. The trick will be mowing them early enough that they aren't so dry, but not so early that they grow back and I need to mow them again.

The top link stowage hook went away with the crossmember which needs to be removed when the backhoe is installed. Have any of the BH77 owners out there come up with a nice backhoe-compatible replacement for the hook? I've just tied the top link up with a bit of paracord the time or two that I moved the tractor with the 3-point hitch installed without an implement.

I'm also interested in seeing what sorts of backhoe-compatible tool box upgrades folks have created.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Is it me or is the operator manual seriously under rating the implements for the L3901? I been looking into some PTO implements, Flail mower and tiller, the flail mower recommendation is only 4 feet :eek:

go to landpride's website this the mower that matched to the L
http://landpride.com/products/79/fm21-series-flail-mowers
i was thinking of going with the 6 foot mower.

same goes for the tiller 4 1/2 feet. :eek:
land pride
http://landpride.com/products/181/rta15-series-rotary-tillers
i was thinking of going with the 66

It just seems to me that someone copied and pasted these numbers for a lower rated tractor, lower than even the L3301.

Or should i really not run implements that cover the width of the tires?

The flail isn't a big deal but the tiller it would suck having to make more passes with a offset tiller covering 1 tire track. :(

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
Is it me or is the operator manual seriously under rating the implements for the L3901? I been looking into some PTO implements, Flail mower and tiller, the flail mower recommendation is only 4 feet :eek:

go to landpride's website this the mower that matched to the L

http://landpride.com/products/79/fm21-series-flail-mowers

i was thinking of going with the 6 foot mower.

same goes for the tiller 4 1/2 feet. :eek:

land pride

http://landpride.com/products/181/rta15-series-rotary-tillers

i was thinking of going with the 66

It just seems to me that someone copied and pasted these numbers for a lower rated tractor, lower than even the L3301.

Or should i really not run implements that cover the width of the tires?

The flail isn't a big deal but the tiller it would suck having to make more passes with a offset tiller covering 1 tire track. :(

I run a 62" gear driver tiller on my 3301. It runs like a champ.

The engine in these is very torquey. The 3301 is rated at 80ft/lbs or something like that.