L3600 steering

Fordmonsta

Equipment
L3600
Jun 30, 2019
Conway arkansas
The steering cylinder on my l3600 4x4 has started to leak pretty good, it's a 1999 model. How hard is it to rebuild? Is there a seal and bushing kit available for doing so?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If it's like my M's, it's not too bad but the parts are expensive. While you are doing it, check your tie rod ends for play and the intermediate joints for slop. Kubota, for some reason don't make the rod ends greaseable but the intermediate joints can be greased by removing the boots and applying grease to the ball end. Check your outboard planetaries for vertical play as well. If the upper bush gets too sloppy the outboards will start leaking fluid.

I just had my dealer rebuild my left outboard. Was easier than me fiddling with the bushings and I don't have the insertion tool anyway.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The seals for that cylinder should not be too bad, check with a local dealer if they are too much you could check with a local hydraulic shop for seals. ;)

Fordmonsta

Equipment
L3600
Jun 30, 2019
Conway arkansas
Just an update. Got all the seals and bushings for the cylinder and rebuilt myself. So far it's working just like it's supposed to and not leaking. All the seals and orings and bushings cost me 170 bucks shipped to me. I'm quite happy. And it was a easy job, yea you gotta pull the radiator and stuff but it's just nuts and bolts

Fordmonsta

Equipment
L3600
Jun 30, 2019
Conway arkansas
Took about an hour to get it out another 45 minutes to rebuild it. Hardest part of the whole ordeal was getting the retaining clips out of the ends of the cylinder. I used a small pick to get the clip pulled out of the groove and slipped a feeler gauge behind it and they popped right out after screwing with em for a little bit. Mind you this was my first hydraulic cylinder rebuild. Once you get it put back together it's just a matter of reinstalling, another hours work. So total it took about 3-3-1/2 hours

macdoesit

Equipment
2000 Kubota L2500
Mar 19, 2024
Choctaw
Just an update. Got all the seals and bushings for the cylinder and rebuilt myself. So far it's working just like it's supposed to and not leaking. All the seals and orings and bushings cost me 170 bucks shipped to me. I'm quite happy. And it was a easy job, yea you gotta pull the radiator and stuff but it's just nuts and bolts
Mine is also leaking, where did you buy the parts at and what parts did you buy. Thank you