L355ss power lift

bobscooter

Equipment
f2400,L355SS,several pieces of bobcat equip,w/kubata engines
Jan 4, 2015
Elizabeth City,N.C.
I have a L355ss,when I first got this tractor the power steering/power lift pump was trashed. So I finally found a new one, power steering works but not the power lift. With motor running sounds like no oil in the thing but I know there is, can see in sight glass, plus I put the oil in my self. I have not run the tractor very long not to burn the EXPENSIVE new pump up. any help will be appreciated . thank you

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok we need to establish some things.
What sight glass are you looking at?
Are you using oil or hydraulic fluid?
Where are you filling it?

You have a very uniquely designed tractor, it was a model at the transitional stages of the newer tractors and they had not quite gotten up to speed on things.
As such the Hydraulic pump is a 2 part pump and both parts are completely separate, the smaller rear pump is for the steering, and only the steering, and here is where it varies from most all other models, it uses it's own tank separate from the rest or the tractor, so the steering can work without anything else working.

Have you changed the canister filter for the main pump?
Is the transmission and rear end filled with the proper level and type of hydraulic fluid?
The reason that it's sounds like it's sucking air is that it probably is.
Do you have the WSM? If not drop me a note and I'll send you a link for a free download manual.

First pic is of Steering section and it's pump.
Second is of main hydraulic pump, #11 is the filter.

Attachments

bobscooter

Equipment
Jan 4, 2015
Elizabeth City,N.C.
Sorry not responding earlier, I could not find any return post, operator error on my part I guess. I cleaned the filter by the pumps, ps tank is on the mark, sight glass by the clutch peddle is covered with oil,so I think enough oil is in it used tractor hyd fluid in both .I have a wsm ,I would like to have a parts book. THANKS maybe you can help me solve this problem

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When you replaced the hydraulic pump did you replace both sections or just the rear PS section?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you adjusted the speed/ lock knob/ valve under the seat?

bobscooter

Equipment
Jan 4, 2015
Elizabeth City,N.C.
Yes I replaced both pumps as the ones in the digrams you sent, cleaned the filter did not adjust any controls

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Try messing with the dial under the seat, in one direction it will lock the three point out.

Last edited:

bobscooter

Equipment
Jan 4, 2015
Elizabeth City,N.C.
wolfman, I tried the knob under the seat, no good in the picture you sent the hyd line#26 is the one that chatters I loosened the line checking for air lock, oil came out any futher thought , thanks

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
#26 (larger line) is the suction line (in) so yes you should have fluid.
#25 (smaller line) is the pressure line (out) that's where you need to check for flow, just crack it, loosen the bolts and look for flow there.

bobscooter

Equipment
Jan 4, 2015
Elizabeth City,N.C.
wolfman, I tried the knob under the seat, no good, in the picture you sent the hyd line#25 is the one that chatters I loosened the line checking for air lock, oil came out any futher thought ,I revised my last post, this thing has me stumped is there a chance a valve some where is stuck? thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Since you have oil going into the back section, start looking at the pressure relief valve.

Last edited:

cabhopkubota

Equipment
l355ss
Jun 8, 2015
Tucson
Hi Bobscooter, I am a new member also and have the same type tractor and same problem. My tractor lift system worked when I bought it but did not work this morning. I suspect low hydraulic fluid is the cause; I have no input as far as help but am interested the discussion from the North Idaho Wolfman. I have not downloaded a parts manual or service manual because I am afraid of not picking a trustworthy site. Good luck on your repair.