L3540!!!

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Working with the dealer. Is this a fair deal?

L3540 out the door taxes delivery and all $31,800

This will include
Cab
Quick attach 72" bucket
Rear lights
Rear wiper
R4 tires
LA724 loader
And free labor pick up delivery of tractor for 50 hour service. I have to pay for parts. Let me know ASAP
The wife is sold on it

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
To clarify this will be a L3540HSTC

AND YES. THIS IS A FABULOUS DEALER. I bought my B2920 from them. Great to work with, excellent with warranty work, excellent on a loaner, great guys. I called 3 other local dealer. 1 was way higher, 1 said he doesn't have one and won't even look for one. Says he is just waiting on the new emission ones. The last guys said he can't compete since he is out of stock and recommended my dealer. Unprovoked, he said my dealer will most likely give you the best deal and has a good stock.

Which is true. I saw his stock. This is actually his last 3540, he has a few 32, 39,42 and 57's I drive my truck through his lot all the time. And check his crates out back ... Boy am I excited

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
A warm cab to plow in tonight sure would be nice. Let's hope this works out!!! If not, the B2920 is tried and true, it will do the job as it has in the past. Boy am I gitty like a school girl

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I think you will love it. My wife and I looked at one, but decided with our land we needed to go bigger.

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Think its a good deal? I am so excited, I will be in for a lot of foot rubs to my wifey

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Think its a good deal? I am so excited, I will be in for a lot of foot rubs to my wifey
The "usual" benchmark for a "good deal" is a 10-15% off MSRP, but I don't get too hung up on that myself. I will pay a bit more to a good dealer. Mine has given me good prices and great service. They offered an on-site first service for our M8540 at a really reduced price, we did our own and have dropped fluid, filters and parts off when in my area and sent a guy down to measure and set up stuff for a hydraulic top link and put chain guards on a cutter once for nothing.

Life is too short for me to worry about a few vucks one way or the other; enjoy your tractor, you will LOVE it.

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
That makes me feel awesome!!!!! Mine will be 22% off MSRP!!! That stokes my fire

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
The sad part is, I am still hemming and hawing around. I want it pretty bad, it fits the budget, my drawbacks are 1) puts my pole barn on hold for a year, 2) it puts finishing my basement off 2 years. However I just plowed a few passes in my subdivision real quick so people can go to work. A nice new cab would keep me toasty. Also the 2920 gave it everything she had to push it. I doubt she will make it up the driveway hills tomorrow. Several passes may be needed. I would assume the bigger tractor will manage just fine.

I am also really afraid of the new tier 4 engine prices. Several grand higher in just a few months. That's the big big fear and whats giving me the big push right now.

I realize wildfire has a larger heavier tractor but he has a 7 1/2 plow. How did your l4240 handle it prior to jumping to a larger tractor? Do you or did you slide around at all? Did your loader have plenty of power lifting and turning it? Obviously you wanted more power, but why did you jump up in tractors? Thank you and hopefully you see this by morning

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
The Tier IV thing was one of the contributing factors that convinced me to trade my perfectly good L5030 HSTC with only 1400 hours on it in on my new L5740 HSTC.

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Ok, it should be getting delivered shortly. I did end up trading my B2920.

Out the door, delivered .... 30k

Traded my b2920 which I owed $10,300 on.

Ended up with

L3540HSTC
LA724
R4 tires
Filled rear tires with beat juice
Rear wiper
Rear work lights
84" bush hog rear discharge finish mower
Free labor on 50 hour service, but will pay parts. They will pick up and deliver
0% for 60 months
You do the math, I think I did well, also, I am EXTREMELY happy and I guess thats what matters.

I am a pretty open book, I know alot of people are closed about there finances but this hopefully helps people out.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations, I had them weld some grab hooks on my bucket, comes in handy.

For future reference, we do the maintenance on all our tractors and the L40 is pretty easy. http://www.messicks.com/blog/post/Kubota-L-40-Series-Service.aspx

I also get the manual prior to delivery to study up and be ready to go upon delivery.

Enjoy your new tractor and post pictures upon delivery.

As to finances, I don't mind posting mine either, if it's worth it to me that is all that counts.

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Pictures will soon be coming. After taking delivery, I had to plow my subdivision, and several long hilly driveways. Kind of a crash course. This was a really heavy wet snow. The B wouldn't push it after it got heavy. Last night it did ok, but there was no chance today. The L pushed right through.

I will give my review of the plow later when I have time, and use in regular snow and not such heavy snow.

As far as the tractor, I seriously had to open the corner rear window to cool me off, the cab gets really toasty. Last night I froze, today was cozy.

The transmission almost has to many option. Wow, talk about fitting just about every need. Big plus here!

Quick attatch between bucket / plow is money well spent, very nice.

I tell ya too, the little things make this tractor awesome. 12 volt outlet, worked great for charging my phone as I was plowing. In had to add one on the B

2 cup holders. One for my initial cup of coffee and one for my water bottle.

Little tool box and cubby next to cup holder. Perfect for gloves and extras.

The leveling rod on the loadrer is interesting, but the B did not have one.

I cant wait for the rear lights to come in, the front lights are so bright. Side lights would be nice. (now I can see why wildfire added alley lights).

The seat is amazing, armrest, reclines, slides, its got a great springy seat. ( summer will be the test cutting grass on the hardened clay) ( i can't imagine how comphy an air ride seat is) the seat is a huge step up from the B. Then when you add tilt steering is heaven. The swivel actual comes in handy since i do so much forward and backing when plowing.

Visibility in the cab is great.

If I had to complain, and this is getting nit picky,

The rear tire lock is a little bar you step on. The B was the same way. I feel this should be a heel pedal. My neighbors older kubota has an actual heal pedal.

That's it off the top of my head. I am tired and going to bed.

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Again,,, BIG KUDOS TO ROSY BROS OF DRYDEN!!!!

Great dealer, Great family.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I see Rosy has alot of used tractors for sale all the time on Tractor House. Congrats on the new ORANGE Cadillac! If I had any finances to play with I'd buy me one but I'm flat effin broke, haven't worked in a year and April 12th can get here fast enough!

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
They have a HUGE selection of used equipment for all size tractors. They have More than any dealer close to here. There are a few dealers, Deere, kioti, cub cadet (yanmar) etc.

Side note: I should have got hooks mounted. I literally just had 4 hooks mounted on my B along with a 2" receiver around November. What a great help. I already miss them.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
The sad part is, I am still hemming and hawing around. I want it pretty bad, it fits the budget, my drawbacks are 1) puts my pole barn on hold for a year, 2) it puts finishing my basement off 2 years. However I just plowed a few passes in my subdivision real quick so people can go to work. A nice new cab would keep me toasty. Also the 2920 gave it everything she had to push it. I doubt she will make it up the driveway hills tomorrow. Several passes may be needed. I would assume the bigger tractor will manage just fine.

I am also really afraid of the new tier 4 engine prices. Several grand higher in just a few months. That's the big big fear and whats giving me the big push right now.

I realize wildfire has a larger heavier tractor but he has a 7 1/2 plow. How did your l4240 handle it prior to jumping to a larger tractor? Do you or did you slide around at all? Did your loader have plenty of power lifting and turning it? Obviously you wanted more power, but why did you jump up in tractors? Thank you and hopefully you see this by morning

Sorry Ken I missed this. I don't get over here much anymore. I only got over here now because I got notification of your stereo question which I answered.
Anyway congratulations on your new tractor. You did good getting that machine. My 4240 was a fantastic unit. I used it commercially for two years with the same set up I have on the 5740 and I had no issues with it other tan needing a little extra weight in the rear.
The machine only had 200 hours on it when I traded it on the 5740 and I did that for four reasons only

1. My dealer made me a deal I couldn't turn down. When you watch my videos I usually mention my dealers name and they reward me with awesome deals.

2. I could sell my 4240 on a phone call which I did and made a convenience deal to save on tax.

3. More PTO power for my rear mounted blower.

4. Basically greed. I just wanted a 5740 :D

With the 5740 I also added a snow bucket, pallet forks and 800 lbs of rear wheel weights and along with the custom work I've done on the machine I feel this ones a keeper (maybe) ;)

Custom additions

- Modified the FEL tubes for storage area's by machining custom caps for the tubes.

- Modified the truck plow to adapt to the tractors FEL.

- Modified the bucket by adding a top guard and hooks.

- Added custom built emergency light bar and LED emergency light to the top of the cab.

- Added L.E.D. strobe lighting to the rear of the snow blower and built custom boxes to house them in.

- Added custom build boxes to the plow so Super Nova L.E.D. strobe lights could be installed adding extra lighting to the FEL side on when plowing.

- Added a reverse beeper. (not a small task on these tractors)

- Added a reverse camera with a color 7" LCD monitor that is also inferred and has a built in microphone in the camera it's self. The camera was adapted to the top rear light making it appear that it was always there.

- Gauge pods were added to each side of the LCD monitor and an ambient air temperature and digital volt gauge was added to each pod.

- Two RAM mounts were added in the cab for mounting various items like my phone and MP3 recorder. Also a new mount was just installed for the new IPhone 4

- A moisture sensing system was adapted to the wiper system so when I'm using the tractor the wipers will work automatically when snow or water is present on the windshields. That way I don't need to be switching the wipers on and off myself. The system takes care of that for me.

- Mud flaps were added to the front fenders to help keep the water off the front glass when traveling the machine.

- All powder coated upper mud flap hardware was removed and replaced with stainless hardware.

- All common steel hardware that was present on the snow blower was replaced with stainless steel to prevent corrosion.

- Some custom badging and company lettering was added to the tractor.

- Custom trim was added to the rear fenders to give it a more refined look.

- Added a parking brake warning light. Well a better one that came with the tractor

- The rear factory lollipop top lights that came with the tractor were replaced with L.E.D. lollipop lights.

- Added a few cool rubber holders on the snow blower to hold a shovel and bar.

- A LED light was added to the cab step so it's easy to see where to place your feet in the dark.

- Fabricated a custom coffee mug holder.

- Designed and fabricated a front bumper with quad flashing LED lights and shackle Center.

- Fabricated an aluminum forward light bar and installed a LED light on it including two side mounted LED alley lights

- Designed and built an LED 4X4 display indicator for the cab.

- Designed a custom LED mount for the snowblower chute. Installed two LED lights on the chute so I could early see where the snow is going.

- Designed and fabricated an exhaust stack conversation kit to for the Kubota Grand L 5740 HST-C3.

- Replaced the stereo system with a Sony X-Plod and Infinity speakers.

- Installed an air horn.

- Added a power plug for charging cell phone at the dash.

- Added rear wheel weights and fabricated custom Center caps for them.

- Custom fitted the floor to accept a new Grammer Air Ride seat.

- Added a rear view mirror

- Added a shock to the front snow blade to eliminate blade recoil after hitting obstacle.

- Fabricated covers to cover up the spring adjusters on the front blade

Last edited:

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Wiper and rear lights getting installed.

I spoke with the dealer and they said it was installed and will be delivered tomorrow.

I spoke with the mechanic / tow truck driver and we discussed hooks on the bucket as he picked up the tractor. I definitely want them but I left it at that.

They have my old tractor and saw my hooks on the bucket. (extremely handy)

When i asked if it was ready for delivery he mentioned they welded chain hooks on the bucket. I was shocked and said I hadn't ordered them yet. With my curiosity I had to drive up to the dealer (2 miles away).

They had mounted the same hooks I had on my tractor I traded in. (Same style and size, not the same hooks). I was tickled pink.... I also had 2 big hooks and 2" receiver welded on my old tractor. They said they would do the same if I wished.

Tomorrow it will all be delivered...