L3450 turn key no lights

bcolwell

Equipment
L3450
Oct 7, 2014
Markdale, Ontario
This just happened. My L3450 was running. I shut it off, came back and turned the key, nothing, no dash lights, no starter turn over, nothing. Other things like the lights, fan, heater, which are independent from the ignition switch, work.

Checked the battery it is fully charged.

Replaced one cable from battery to starter, no change.

Can someone direct me as to where to look?

Regards
Boyde

Last edited:

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Only thing I can suggest would be the fuses.
Check your operators manual to find out where the fuse to the ignition switch is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bcolwell

Equipment
L3450
Oct 7, 2014
Markdale, Ontario
I have dug deeper into my issue. I pulled the connector off the Timer. From the connector, terminal 4 to ground I get 12v. I turn the ignition switch to the on position and I get nothing from terminal 3 to ground.

This seems to indicate that the issue might be with the switch.

Any thoughts?

Boyde

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have dug deeper into my issue. I pulled the connector off the Timer. From the connector, terminal 4 to ground I get 12v. I turn the ignition switch to the on position and I get nothing from terminal 3 to ground.

This seems to indicate that the issue might be with the switch.

Any thoughts?

Boyde

Have you checked ALL safety switches?:)

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I know on mine although not the same model the safety switches will stop the engine or prevent it from starting but still give me dash lights. If you have checked all of the fuses listed in the manual with a meter, then maybe it is the switch I am sure someone here knows how to check the ignition switch to verify if it is bad or not. A dealer will usually help you troubleshoot small problems like this over the phone. Anyway good luck
Also check this thread http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22660

Last edited:

bcolwell

Equipment
L3450
Oct 7, 2014
Markdale, Ontario
Thanks for the feedback. Thanks for the link to another thread on the same subject. I see others have had the same problem, although no solution seems to have been posted.

I shall get to the back of the ignition switch and run the tests outlined in the service manual.

Any other thoughts will be appreciated.

Boyde

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
If you do get it sorted out let us know what it was good luck again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcolwell

Equipment
L3450
Oct 7, 2014
Markdale, Ontario
She works again.

I took the switch panel off. Did some ohm tests on the main switch, seemed to test not OK and then OK. Was getting 12v on the connector. Scraped a little on the contacts, used some contact cleaner spray.

She seems to be OK now.

Lets hope. Thanks for your help.;):)

Boyde