L3301/Trailer

hessman013

May 6, 2015
Richlands Va
Hey folks,

New member here. I have not purchased a tractor yet but I'm looking at an L3301. I am would love some feedback from those who own this model about their satisfaction and what kind of things they use it for.

I will need to transport mine between two properties we own. The properties are about 20 miles apart. I have a 2014 RAM 1500 truck I'll be using to transport. What size Trailer should I be looking at. Any suggestions? I expect to have a FEL, and rotary cutter on the back typically.

Thanks for any advise you might be able to provide.

Last edited:

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Welcome to the group! Lots of great info here. I would think you'll need at minimum a 6'x18' trailer. I've got an L3010 that I'm guessing is similar in size and weight. It usually has the FEL and rotary cutter on it. I tow it with a 7'x18' trailer. The weight capacity of the trailer is 14,000 lbs which is more than you would need. 10,000 lbs capacity should be more than enough for your needs. Good luck!

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
They don't weigh as much as you think. Loaded with implements they are around 4,000lbs so you only need around a 6,000lb capacity trailer to handle itself and the unit. Here's mine:

You can purchase tractor packages from many dealers that include the trailer and several common implements as well. The package deals usually are pretty good.

Eray

Equipment
L2501 HST
Feb 24, 2015
Lenoir City, Tennessee
I haul my L2501 on a 10,000 18 foot equipment trailer. The 10,000 lb GVW was not necessary. The 18 foot is if you have a front end loader. An L series with loader and 5 foot bush hog just barely fits an 18 ft trailer. A tandem axle 7,000 lb 18 ft trailer with brakes is all you need.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Just built my dad a 18&1/2 foot and it is full with his L3800 loader and 5' mower. I know it is overkill but we went with 6,000 lbs axles never know what will need to be hauled.

res

Equipment
L3301HST, 7' back blade
Oct 25, 2014
Cadillac, Mi
My L3301 rides on a 20' skid steer trailer. It is a 14000 trailer which is way more than I need but the 20' size is comfortable. I do a lot of different tasks from snow plowing in the winter for my home and a small church parking lot to food plots for wildlife, gravel drives and the same church parking lot, mowing the lawn, and using it at my parents for any tasks I can to give them a hand. I have the fel, 7' backblade, either the bucket or the 42" fork rig is on it and then I carry the other front attachments as well if I will need them for the work I am performing. The bucket stacks nicely on the mounted forks making it easy to chain it down. With a brush hog off the back, length is your friend. Even though my trailer is bigger then I need, I have no regrets having more than I need. It rides smooth as long as I do my part and load it right. Just my experience.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
Once you get your new rig I'd highly recommend getting it weighed at a truck stop or anywhere you can find scales. Weigh your truck alone and then the truck with trailer to see what weights you have on each axle. I did this recently and found I was right on the edge of being overloaded. The weight of the truck's front axle decreased after I connected the trailer due to the weight on the trailer tongue/truck hitch. Better to get the facts rather than assume you are ok on the weight and loading position of the tractor/equipment on the trailer.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I would suggest no shorter than 18' and at least 5200# axles with brakes on one but both would be better. I had a 16', 7K (2 3500#) with brakes on 1 axle. Yes it worked and if I loaded it just right I could haul my L3000 with loader and rotary cutter but it was a real pain to do it. Bucket on tongue, tie ramps up ect.....I never felt real safe.

I now have a 7' wide, 20' deck with 2' dovetail, 12K with brakes on both. Much safer, easier to load and to say the least a better trailer all the way around. For my needs it's a perfect fit.

It's not so much that a smaller trailer won't do the job but the bigger one does it easier and safer. Since the weight of the trailer is part of your load, one rated at 7K with the tractor and implements you listed is everything but maxed out all the time. Just for thought, my L3000 (loaded tires) with loader and bushhog weighs about 4950 lbs. My old 16' weighed 2500 lbs, so both together was 7450 lbs on a 7K rated trailer. Just my $.02

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
If I had to haul that rig around like Bulldog, I'd be putting the mower deck on the bed of the pickup and just the tractor and loader on the trailer. Yeah, it's at about the limit of the trailer I purchased with that load due to the loaded tires but I'm only hauling it back and forth to the dealer, I don't have remote property to haul it to.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
If I had to haul that rig around like Bulldog, I'd be putting the mower deck on the bed of the pickup and just the tractor and loader on the trailer. Yeah, it's at about the limit of the trailer I purchased with that load due to the loaded tires but I'm only hauling it back and forth to the dealer, I don't have remote property to haul it to.
ShaunRH, you're saying put the bush hog in the truck bed? Couldn't fit much of a mower in between the fenders in most pickup trucks. Maybe at best a 48" cutter with no tool box in the bed.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
ShaunRH, you're saying put the bush hog in the truck bed? Couldn't fit much of a mower in between the fenders in most pickup trucks. Maybe at best a 48" cutter with no tool box in the bed.
Strap it down 'on' the bed, across the rails... If you have the right kind of liner or rail guards, it works fine.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
With a 20' trailer you can load the tractor with 5' bushhog attached, correct tongue weight and the tail wheel just barely sticks off the back in between the ramps.