L3200 Purchase -- Which Implements to Get?

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
I am going to be receiving my new l3200 this week. I have yet to finalize the package because of the fact i haven't been able to decide which attachments to get. I have 40 acres, which i will be removing gobs of cedar logs off, as well as the brush/limbs from them. I also have oodles, and oodles of rocks. Big rocks. Ive had a b3200, and it did the work with the rocks ok, but it lacked a bit of snort. So, the question i have is: Does anyone have any advice they can give me in regards to a grapple, and how it might work? I am getting the pallet forks, which will attach to the quick attachment where the bucket is. But, the issue im seeing myself running into, is that I will be years bringing the stones "in" w/the forks; & the FEL would be grabbing all dirt to get the stones/boulders on the ground after i pop them up with the forks.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Check out these guys for grapples. A little costly, but about the best units built for the compact tractors that so many of us use.

You have trails I presume, need at least a box blade to take care of those, and depending on how good you actually want those trails, you may want a land plane grading scraper (LPGS)

Wouldn't hurt to have a landscape rake on hand either, makes short work of a final cleanup.

All of these implements are available through your Kubota dealer, may be Land Pride which is very good, but there are costly also.

Good luck.

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Yes I did. Thank you! I don't see any that would attach to the actual bucket. I believe I'll be best going w a grapple of some sort.

Thank you!

Chris

vickark

Equipment
L3200, fel,backhoe,sgr 1060 grapple, boxblade, lp bush hog,post hole auger
Jun 16, 2013
Texas
Do you know if they make a grapple for the fel?
Chris, I have a L3200 with the quick connect also. I bought a Landpride SGC 1060 grapple. Hopefully to be installed this week. It was a bit pricey, but I think the quality in the metal work and bracing will be better.
I'm letting my dealer install the third function valve and switch.
Also for big rocks , you may want to look into a backhoe with a thumb attachment. They're great.

Last edited:

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Thanks Vick! I had this morning told them to go with the Land Pride SGR1566,.... But, after he told me it weighs 853 lb., I thought i'd best take his advice and go with the SGC1060. I have so many stones, I hope I am not let down when I use it. I was thinking originally that it should have more of a longer set of teeth on the bottom of it tho. But, I suppose the argument could be made that you can "pinch" anything to lift it up. Let me know how you like your unit Vick! Thanks again!

Chris

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
One thing to remember my firend,, You have a wonderful working piece of equipment there, but it is a small tractor it is not a 988 please don't try to do the work of an 988 ,, remember slow and steady wins the race, you can do more than you ever thought with this machine just remember small bites

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Very good advice. I agree. The b3200 I did have in the past was a very impressive machine. Being the L3200 has the extra weight it should all be good in the end.

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Do you know if they make a grapple for the fel?
They make an aftermarket one. I just signed papers on l4400hst today with aftermarket grapple. When it showsm up Thurs I'll get name. I'd definately look at buying or building a weight box for the rear. My l3000dt would come off ground lifting 800 lbs with naked rear and tires were filled to boot. You'd need a rear remote or 3rd function valve on loader to run grapple. Mine is a wr long. They're around 1000 for your tractor. I'll go give mine a run Thurs night and let you know my opinion of it. Hope it helps you

Last edited:

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Picked it up today and the thing is awesome. The grapple is quite a handy and fun as h*€£ thing to use. It's nice when bucket is loaded with logs and your going over hilly terrain. It keeps it in bucket and not spilling out. While not as nice as a dedicated grapple bucket it's not $3000 either. You will need a 3rd function valve or rear remotes and plumb it to loader but for $1100 for my size tractor. Welllllll worth it to me.

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Chris, I have a L3200 with the quick connect also. I bought a Landpride SGC 1060 grapple. Hopefully to be installed this week. It was a bit pricey, but I think the quality in the metal work and bracing will be better.
I'm letting my dealer install the third function valve and switch.
Also for big rocks , you may want to look into a backhoe with a thumb attachment. They're great.
Vick, how'd it do for you ?

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
I'm actually getting the land pride sgr1566. The salesman advised against anything heavier in weight due the fact I'm only working with the l3200. How said after lifting all that weight of a rock grapple, I'd hardly have any lifting left.

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I really don't know how much you would lift with the 3200. I work for utility company and have a few old poles in the field for fence posts and my l 3000dt would not lift the 40' off the ground to cut period. It has filled tires and weight on back. My 4400 definately need the tires filled as it is very tippy too

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Not sure but will be finding out soon I hope. I know the b3200 would lift the pole. Not a freshly treated one but one that's weathered. I'm amazed @ what it would lift n carry. So I can only assume the l3200 to be the same at worst.

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I hope it does for you. Maybe the 3000 is just weak on the hydraulics. I know these are a couple years old and pretty heavy. They were removed for height issues not from rotting due to age. I really need to build a weight box and fill my rears. Here's mine with grapple. My neighbor has one from add a grapple .com. you could check them out

Attachments