L3200 Purchase -- Which Implements to Get?

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Yes it has the power to lift nut I had to set the tires out to widest setting, load the rear and keep the heavy box blade on to keep it on the ground. I just didn't like working it that hard. Here's a pic that hopefully not upside down lol

Attachments

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Ah. Gotcha. I've never had any issues w the b as far as what you have w the rear lifting. If course most of the time I'd have the brush hog onn it.

How do you like the ags? The b had turfs. I've been advised to get the r4's die to the fact they are wider & won't get to spinning/creating ruts near as fast.

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Personally I like the r1 tires. They have a better tread design to me. It's easier to wait until yard dries and not create ruts than it is to magically make your tread more aggressive when you need it. Plus I feel they turn better. I think your only gaining 1.5-2 inches in width. You can set the rears out that far with the r1. I also believe they're cheaper.

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I think they look better myself. R4 s look at home on a skid loader or backhoe. Just my opinion. Congratulations on your future kubota. I absolutely love mine. I have 2 neighbors ones die hard deere and other Massey ferg. They both have similar sized tractors and both admit mine is built heavy like a tractor should be and that you can't beat a little bota diesel engine. The deere is a hst 55hp I think and it's all fiberglass. You can watch the fenders shake while he mows

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Yeah I checked it's 55 hp but all fiberglass. Hood, and fenders.yeah are tractor envy and bragging had my wife cone to the conclusion of how tractor pulls got started. Lol

vickark

Equipment
L3200, fel,backhoe,sgr 1060 grapple, boxblade, lp bush hog,post hole auger
Jun 16, 2013
Texas
Vick, how'd it do for you ?
I just got the tractor back yesterday. The 1060 worked great ! I like the small reverse tines for back raking. I went into a area with small dead fall with some green vines from the trees growing through it, it pulled everything out.
It cleared in 5 minutes what it would have taken me an hour by hand. Minus the band aids,lol.
It did pull some brush and small trees out of the ground.
Kind of pricey but worth it. Probably the most fun I've had with my clothes on !
Have a great day !:)

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I recently changed from R4s to R1s, and am impressed with the difference! Worth the hassell to make the change, and the small expense.
My R1s (12.4x24) have about 250 lbs each of calcium in them, plus 140 lbs each in wheel weights. Without additional ballast it is really nerve-wracking.
I usually use a 600+ lb concrete weight, which still picks up quite easily, Most people on the forum recommend about a thousand, which would be just about right. I also have an 800 lb backhoe attachment that does pretty well for ballast.
Go slow, and keep the weight low and you should be OK!

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Hey Vick! I couldn't agree more on the 1060..... Combined with the l3200, it's a powerhouse. Incredible lifting power, great for BIG rocks, as well as small. I have so much brush and even more rocks and big boulders. I've done the last two days with the above combo what would have taken me a straight month worth of work.

Thanks Gpreus... I am happy thus far at least with the r4's. I believe it being the L series, and not the B, makes a big difference. I don't feel id have been as satisfied with the r4's on the b for sure.

Can't wait till daylight hits again, so I can get back on the beast and go again!

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Not sure if it's considered medium or not. I'm assuming so. I believe it weighs around 300lb (ish). Let me tell ya, this grapple is awesome!! Worth every penny spent