L3130 fuel supply problems

jefflumpkin

Equipment
L3130
Jan 24, 2017
Tennessee
My L3130 started running great for a couple of minutes and then starving for fuel and stopping. After a minute or two it would start and run for a minute or less and do the same thing. I changed the fuel feed pump and got a lot more fuel flow at the bleed valve on the injection pump but none at the injectors. I replaced all of the fuel lines, still no fuel at the injectors. I removed all three supply lines at the injectors to make sure they were being purged of air, still no fuel at the injectors. This is driving me crazy. I watched the video on bleeding the injectors. The local dealer has given up on me. Anyone have an idea on what to do next. Remove and rebuild the injector pump?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Jeff,

give a little more info - how many hours on this machine?

If you have that much fuel at the bleed screw and not at the injectors? How long did you bleed AT the injectors? I does take a few good cranks to get that little bitty fuel to fill up the lines from the pump to the injector itself. Crack all the injectors - WOT and see if you get any bubbles at the injector(s)!

jefflumpkin

Equipment
L3130
Jan 24, 2017
Tennessee
It has about 2,000 hours on it. I have turned the starter over so much that a new starter will be my next problem if I'm not careful. I have made sure that all three injector supply lines are loose and pulled up off the injectors. I am about to put a small pill bottle under each supply line to see if there is ANY fuel getting up there.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you removed the stop solenoid and see if it runs?

If the solenoid is failing it will cut off fuel.

Little worried about your comment "I removed all three supply lines at the injectors to make sure they were being purged of air, still no fuel at the injectors"
If you removed them they are full of air unless you bled them after you put them back on. ;)

Real simple, with the injector lines removed from the injection pump throttle open you should be getting a small fountain of fuel out of each of the pumps ports, if your not either your not feeding the injection pump fuel, or the stop solenoid is not working thus not allowing the rack to move thus not allowing fuel to flow, or you have run some trash into the injection pump and it has plugged up all the ports in the pump (highly unlikely).

jefflumpkin

Equipment
L3130
Jan 24, 2017
Tennessee
I only took the fuel lines loose from the top of the injectors. There is plenty of fuel at the bleed valve on the injection pump when the starter is turning, but not a hint of fuel at the injectors. I'll check the stop solenoid tomorrow. When it would only run for a minute or two the fuel filter bowl always stayed full but I can't seem to get back to that point again. I appreciate your help and input. I'm pretty careful about fuel and drive a a long way to get good fuel because the only local source is questionable. The new fuel feed pump greatly increased the amount of fuel coming out of the bleed valve but it just doesn't seem to get past the injection pump. I've been trying to sort this out for a few days and it is very frustrating. Thanks again for all of your help.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is plenty of fuel at the bleed valve on the injection pump when the starter is turning, but not a hint of fuel at the injectors.
Also check the the manual fuel stop is not engaged.

Lever on the top of the picture.

Attachments