L3010GST/LA481-Loader

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024
On my LA481-Loader I lost the seal on the SHUT-OFF PLUG (Kubota Part# 75546-65100) to my Hydraulic Directional Control Valve for my loader.
I borrowed a couple pics from others post to show the location of this plug.

I am wanting to know the process to refill and have the front-end loader to tilt back and forth(Curl Function).

This is the location of the leak in the picture and I ordered the plug and it will be delivered tomorrow.
No other lines are leaking and no other lines have been disconnected.

Attachments

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
There is an o-ring under that plate that seals the spool. Also, you should loosen the locknut on that link and turn the spool so that the slot is perpendicular to the one with the flat link. The way it's turned now puts a side force on the spool when you push the stick to curl the bucket.

Edit: OK, I forgot these are not your pictures. Something to check, though.

Once you replace that plug, just cycle all the cylinders, it'll purge any air out. Don't forget to check the fluid level.

Screenshot_20240401-133036-706.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024
There is an o-ring under that plate that seals the spool. Also, you should loosen the locknut on that link and turn the spool so that the slot is perpendicular to the one with the flat link. The way it's turned now puts a side force on the spool when you push the stick to curl the bucket.

Edit: OK, I forgot these are not your pictures. Something to check, though.

Once you replace that plug, just cycle all the cylinders, it'll purge any air out. Don't forget to check the fluid level.

View attachment 125431
Edit:
Thanks PoTreeBoy
I updated the original picture to what I currently have on my tractor.
And I will take your advice.... Greatly Appreciated

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On my LA481-Loader I lost the seal on the SHUT-OFF PLUG (Kubota Part# 75546-65100) to my Hydraulic Directional Control Valve for my loader.
I borrowed a couple pics from others post to show the location of this plug.

I am wanting to know the process to refill and have the front-end loader to tilt back and forth(Curl Function).

This is the location of the leak in the picture and I ordered the plug and it will be delivered tomorrow.
No other lines are leaking and no other lines have been disconnected.
Ok I think this needs addressed, you DO NOT fill the loader from that location if that's what you're trying to do.
All the fluid for the loader is supplied from the sump (main Hydraulic tank) on the tractor.
If you have lost loader curl function, first check the quick disconnects on the hoses from the valves, disconnect and reconnect them.
If you still don't have function, swap the loader lift lines for the loader curl lines and see if you can now curl, but have no lift control?

Report back what you find.

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024
Ok I think this needs addressed, you DO NOT fill the loader from that location if that's what you're trying to do.
All the fluid for the loader is supplied from the sump (main Hydraulic tank) on the tractor.
If you have lost loader curl function, first check the quick disconnects on the hoses from the valves, disconnect and reconnect them.
If you still don't have function, swap the loader lift lines for the loader curl lines and see if you can now curl, but have no lift control?

Thanks North Idaho Wolfman
None of the hydraulic lines have ever been removed......the seal for the Shut-Off Plug on the Hydraulic Directional Control Valve needed to be replace.

I was able to replace the plug but it started to rain here and I wasn't able to start the tractor to see if it's functioning correctly.

But i am adding additional pics of the Shut-Off Plug Purchased from Kubota.

Attachments

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024

Thanks Again North Idaho Wolfman
I looked under the tractor and did find a disconnected hydraulic line (See Additional Pics)
I reconnected this line and tried to raise, lower, tilt the loader/bucket and had not response.
Is there any additional information or assistance that you could provide to get this operational again?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does the tractor move?
Do you have power steering?
Does the three point operate?
Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level in the tractor?

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024
Does the tractor move?
Does the tractor move? Haven't tried to move it yet.... all i did was top off the hydraulic fluid in the tractor last night before i tried to operate the loader.

Do you have power steering? - after topping off the fluid and checking the loader I never got onto it to see if there that was any issues with the power steering

Does the three point operate? - the three point did go up and down

Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level in the tractor? - see 1st comment - it was less than half way so I topped it off

When I get of work today I will check to see if it moves and if the power steering works.

Reactions: 1 users

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024
Does the tractor move?
Thanks North Idaho Wolfman here are the answers to your questions:

1)Does the tractor move? Yes

2)Do you have power steering? Yes

3)Does the three point operate? NO

4)Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level in the tractor? Topped off per sight glass

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks North Idaho Wolfman here are the answers to your questions:

1)Does the tractor move? Yes

2)Do you have power steering? Yes

3)Does the three point operate? NO

4)Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level in the tractor? Topped off per sight glass
Ok that's very helpful.
The fact that it moves and PS works means the pumps are getting driven as the GST and PS pump are behind the main hydraulic pump.
Not having loader and three point tells me that you have a hose routing or connection issue or a main pump issue.

I would lean to it being a quick disconnect connection issue.
Try disconnecting and cleaning the surfaces of the connectors with brake parts cleaner and reconnect all connections and try again.
Sometimes a coupler just needs to reseat to open properly.
After reconnection try cycling the three point up and down several times, leaving it in a mid position.

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024
Ok that's very helpful.
The fact that it moves and PS works means the pumps are getting driven as the GST and PS pump are behind the main hydraulic pump.
Not having loader and three point tells me that you have a hose routing or connection issue or a main pump issue.

I would lean to it being a quick disconnect connection issue.
Try disconnecting and cleaning the surfaces of the connectors with brake parts cleaner and reconnect all connections and try again.
Sometimes a coupler just needs to reseat to open properly.
After reconnection try cycling the three point up and down several times, leaving it in a mid position.
Had time to clean the QUICK CONNECTS but it's still not functioning....
The PTO appeared to have lowered a little for some reason....but would not raise or lower after it moved that little bit
Front-end loader never responded at all
Tractor still starts & moves and PS works
Any other suggestions?
Would be greatly appreciated..

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Make sure the selector valve in in the right position, it's on the block where the hoses connect under the tractor, it's facing out just behind the subframe rail.
It should be in the up and down position (D), like this.

1712515397865.png

Then if that doesn't work, remove this loader supply hose and put the hose into a bucket and crank the tractor, if you get good fluid flow then let me know.
If you do not then turn the selector valve above to the horizontal position (C) and try to operate the three point.
Let me know the result of that switch.

1712515322283.png

Last edited:

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024
Make sure the selector valve in in the right position, it's on the block where the hoses connect under the tractor, it's facing out just behind the subframe rail.
It should be in the up and down position (D), like this.

View attachment 125838

Then if that doesn't work, remove this loader supply hose and put the hose into a bucket and crank the tractor, if you get good fluid flow then let me know.
If you do not then turn the selector valve above to the horizontal position (C) and try to operate the three point.
Let me the result of that switch.

View attachment 125837
Is this the selector valve your referring to?
And it needs to be turned up & down?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
To run the loader straight up and down (turn to the right), to run the threepoint (bypassing the loader) side to side (turn to the left).

In your picture it's at almost a 45 degree angle so it halfway between each position, not good.

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024
Thanks
To run the loader straight up and down (turn to the right), to run the threepoint (bypassing the loader) side to side (turn to the left).

In your picture it's at almost a 45 degree angle so it halfway between each position, not good.
Thanks North Idaho Wolfman once again
Appreciate your patience and assistance
Here is a pic of the selector valve turned straight up and down

Still with no luck and not operating

I will remove the loader supply hose and give you an update once I give that a try

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Before you pull lines, turn the valve horizontal and check to see if you get three point operations.

That will answers both issues in one step.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I went out and turned
I went out and turned the set screw on the selector valve no change
Well that tells us that the main pump is not putting out fluid.
There is one last test that you can do just to make sure that the pressure and flow is just not being bypassed via the pressure relief valve.

Crack this banjo bolt loose and crank it and see if anything flows, if it does then you have a pressure relief issue, if it doesn't then it is pump issue.

This is the input to the block from the output of the main pump.

1712531791177.png

MSchum01

Equipment
L3010 GST
Jan 24, 2024
Well that tells us that the main pump is not putting out fluid.
There is one last test that you can do just to make sure that the pressure and flow is just not being bypassed via the pressure relief valve.

Crack this banjo bolt loose and crank it and see if anything flows, if it does then you have a pressure relief issue, if it doesn't then it is pump issue.

This is the input to the block from the output of the main pump.

View attachment 125880
Good Morning North Idaho Wolfman
I was wondering while i was sitting here at work if a bent nipple could cause my trouble with the LA481 Front-end Loader from operating?
I noticed yesterday that it appears to be bent a little so I took a pic to send to you

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Good Morning North Idaho Wolfman
I was wondering while i was sitting here at work if a bent nipple could cause my trouble with the LA481 Front-end Loader from operating?
I noticed yesterday that it appears to be bent a little so I took a pic to send to you
If that coupler is on the hydraulic outlet block the answer is a resounding YES.

Dan