l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
First post
first time, used Kubota owner with little to no mechanical skills
A couple of months ago my new used L295DT worked well
but then the loader started to move slow and eventually not at all
I have verified that the hydraulic fluid level is full
When it first started to die, the bucket seemed to raise or dump better / faster when the hydraulic control valve was partially pulled down or partially pushed up. The control valve was very used so I took a chance and put a new control valve in hoping that would fix the issue. Yep you guessed correct, that did not help. Doing some additional research, it seemed that I needed to check the pressure next. After getting a gauge and hooking it up, I am reading 0 for pressure whether at idle or high RPM.
I have looked through the forum and couldnt find what to do next in a previous thread. At this point, I need some advise on what to try next from some of the experts that reside in this forum. Any guidance on the most logical thing to check or do next would be GREATLY appreciated.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I won’t be able to help but those that will help will probably need more information

Where does the hydraulic power come from? Is there a separate pump on the front of the tractor engine? There is a splined shaft out the front of the crankshaft to mount a pump driveshaft onto.

Is the loader supplied by the tractor’s engine mounted pump?

Is the engine oil level increasing? This indicates that the pump seal has failed.

Can you post any pictures of the tractor to help? You need five posts before you can post pictures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wpaulrjr

Equipment
l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
I believe the pump in the front only supplies the loader.
The three point hitch is working fine. It is showing no problem lifting a brush hog.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Give a picture of the loader, the controls, and the plumbing.

Sounds like you have a restriction on the suction pipe, probably the screen is plugged up.

wpaulrjr

Equipment
l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
Wolfman - thanks for the time
I am running late at work today and the weather is lousy here
I will get you the pics as fast as possible
Hopefully with the pic's, you can point me to where the possibly clogged screen is so I can check it.

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
Who is the manufacturer of your loader and what model is it?

Here's is a link for your tractor's parts list, it probably won't be helpful in this case but maybe down the road...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...n1do5Co2q8ePO1

Edit...

I looked on the 'net for what Kubota FEL was made for the L295DT and it indicates its a 1200. If that is indeed what you have than here's a pdf on it...

http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex...20tractors.pdf

Don't know if that will be of any help...

Another approach might be going to Kubotausa.com and look at the parts illustrations for the L295DT and look at the "hydraulic" illustrations, though I don't know if it will show the pump for the FEL..

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When you did a pressure measurement where did you take it at?

Have you changed the spin on hydraulic filter lately?

Break the filter loose just enough where it will leak, wrap a rag around it with a bucket under it and start it and get ready to shut it down quick, that will tell you it's moving fluid.

wpaulrjr

Equipment
l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
Shootem604,
I dont remember seeing any plates, tags or labels
(honestly I did not go looking for them today but I will tomorrow)
While I'm trying to be honest...... you need to know that sometimes I cant find the remote when it's on the coffee table

wpaulrjr

Equipment
l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
100TD,

I did not check it there. Tomorrow I will back that plug out.
I'm guessing that hydraulic oil should start flowing down from the hole once the plug is removed? Will let you know how that goes.

Thanks so much for the tip

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
The tank breather is above it, from the looks of it the right bucket and boom cylinders are leaking, plus the tank return line or suction line at tank appear to have a lot of old oil there. The pressure line from the pump looks shiny, can't see if it has leaking oil, check all lines and fittings.

Last edited: