L2950 Hydraulics

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
I think my hydraulic pump on my L2950 is weak. I am not sure if it is going bad weak, or it is just weak in general or has been turned down.

I have only had the tractor a few months. A couple of weeks ago, I was using the bucket to move a 6ft set of Disc Harrows, and it barley picked them up off the ground. Once they came up, and I got a few more RPMs in the engine I finally got them about 1 foot of the ground and that is all that they would raise.

Also, I needed to move some dirt recently with the bucket. I placed the bucket flat on the ground and as I drove into the pile of red clay, I started tilting the bucket up. Once it hit full tilt and the tractor stopped, I proceeded to finish lifting the bucket out of the dirt. It would not move up until I started to back the tractor up from the dirt mount. Once the end pressure let off the bucket, it sent up with no issue.

It just seams to me that I should have been able to lift the bucket out of the dirt while still plowed into it or even while still trying to move forward.

This is my first tractor and I am still not exactly sure what to expect from it. If there is a chance that the hydraulic pump has the pressure or flow turned down, how would I be able to tell and adjust it back up. It has recently new lines on it, except for the power beyond line and the 3 point and the front bucket are the only hydraulics on it.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Not sure which loader you have but chances are it's rated at around 1000 lbs to full height at the bucket pins. So even though the disc probably didn't weigh anything close to that it was sticking out way past the pins so you'll loose lift capacity.

From the way you describe the dirt it sounds normal to me. These tractors have more forward push than lift capacity. You have to develop your operating skills to compensate for weak hydraulics. It's not really that the machine is weak but more like we all would like to think it will move dirt like a big loader.

If you think it's way to weak I suggest doing a pressure test on you hydraulics. That's really the only way to know for sure what's going on. Hope this helps.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Second testing the pressure before anything else.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Do you have rear remotes? If so you need a 3000 psi gauge and a coupler that fits the remote.

If not, you're going to have to break into your hyd system and plumb a gauge in. For this I suggest you have a good knowledge of hydraulics because they can be dangerous. If you're not sure or have concerns about your ability or the way the system works might be worth spending a few dollars and have it checked by your dealer or a local hydraulic shop.

Other than a roll over, hydraulics are by far the most dangerous thing you'll work with on your tractor. They have and do kill farmers and professional mechanics alike. I'm not trying to be a safety hound but I don't want to hear about anyone getting hurt either.