L2900 Hydralics quit working

b75matt

Equipment
L2900, Farmall Super H
Sep 26, 2014
Dewitt, Michian
I am a neophyte tractor guy, but I hope not totally inept with machinery. I replaced a leaking hydraulic line in my loader (control valve down to a quick disconnect under the RH footrest) with a new line I had made at the local dealer. I put it on today and I started the tractor ( ran it about 10 minutes), and not only will the loader not move, the 3 point in the back will not go up or down. I ran the clutch pedal a few times and it feels normal (Its a GST tranny). Am I needing to do something to bleed the system out or?? I am just kinda baffled, it all worked fine a week ago when I took the old line off.

Thanks for any input.

Matt

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
Just a guess, but are the fittings on the new line the same as the old one?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you loose fluid before or during the hose change?

b75matt

Equipment
L2900, Farmall Super H
Sep 26, 2014
Dewitt, Michian
I lost a little fluid when taking the line off, the new line went on fine. I topped off the hydraulic oil. So, like I said, I am just at a loss. Thanks for your input

Matt

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'd take another look at the quick disconnect under the foot pedal. They can be a bear to connect, and if there is any side load they can stick in, and make you think they are actually connected. The valves are all open center, so if the hose isn't made up, nothing will work.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
This is a shot in the dark. i had a 2900 gst back in the 90s. It did what you describe. There was a hydraulic block under the floor board. I don't recall what it was. On the bottom of the block was a round slotted adjustment a little bigger than a quarter. If you lay under the tractor and look up it's very visible. That slot has to be turned (with a screw driver) to where the slot points front to rear. Mine was turned 10 degrees to the side and all it took to put it right was to aim it front to rear. As I said, this is a shot in the dark.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Matt, from what you did to the tractor, I would agree with gpreuss's suggestion. Double check the quick disconnect. That's the most obvious if all you did was remove and replace a hose.