L2850 Losing Power while mowing

tpwhome

Equipment
L2850
Jan 18, 2014
Dallas
I recently bought an older L2850 w/1700 hours and don't have any history for the tractor. Everything looks relatively original though. After an oil change, air filter cleaning and new battery I used the tractor without any problems for about 4 hours. The next day I used it for 6 hours or so mowing and started noticing the tractor was losing power when under load situations, i.e. heavier mowing conditions, uphill, etc., to the point I would need to stop and let it catch up. At times it seemed it wouldn't have power enough to make it back to the garage. Then it would recover and seem to run ok. It was doing this very frequently to the point I stopped mowing. Being a new Kubota owner, I really don't know where to start diagnosing the problem. Operating temperature was normal. I thought about possibly a fuel filter problem and will check that. I realize this is not a lot of info to go by, but any thoughts or ideas from others who may have experienced similar issues, would be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like a fuel issue.
Did you fill it recently, New or Old fuel?
Pull the cap and make sure it's venting
Pull the fuel filter and look for water.
Open the shut off with the filter off and check for good flow.
After replacing the fuel filter bleed the air out of the injector lines!

Last edited:

tpwhome

Equipment
L2850
Jan 18, 2014
Dallas
I did put fresh fuel in at the start of the second day.

Sounds like a fuel issue.
Did you fill it recently, New or Old fuel?
Pull the cap and make sure it's venting
Pull the fuel filter and look for water.
Open the shut off with the filter off and check for good flow.
After replacing the fuel filter bleed the air out of the injector lines!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Something else that often gets over looked is the fuel cap has a small vent hole in it and can get clogged with crud. May need to take a tooth pick and clean out the vent hole in the fuel cap. Motion lotion may not be getting the air flow it needs.