L245DT won't turn over

Throbbin Rods

Equipment
L245DT
Nov 20, 2015
Lebanon, NH
Started my L245DT yesterday to move some snow. Today it won't turn over. I get a bright glow plug light, battery is fully charged and connections are all clean. No clicks or anything. Heading out to check the clutch safety switch and then start tracing wires from there if that doesn't work
Any other thoughts would be welcome

Another thought, I have the parts manual for this tractor but the only user manual I have been able to find is for the L245F.
Thanks much
Bill

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Start with the safety switches for sure - no clicks say that you do not have the starting circuit engaged. Have you PTO switch too?

Throbbin Rods

Equipment
L245DT
Nov 20, 2015
Lebanon, NH
North Idaho Wolfman, thanks much for the Shop Manual!
So I started with the most obvious switch, the clutch safety switch. If I disconnected the switch and used a jumper on the wires that connect to the switch, the tractor starts. Must be the switch, right? Pulled the switch out, tested it, hmmm, switch tests OK with the ohm meter. Maybe adjustment? Put switch back in, adjusted the bolt it rests on about 14 different times, no help. Finally decided switch is worn inside and the plunger must have to be in the exact right spot to work or something of that nature. If I wobble the plunger around while on the ohm meter the readout goes back to 1. Jumped the wires a little more permanently with tape and stuff as we have a foot of snow or more head our way today I will be ordering new switch today. Thanks to all for the suggestions!
Bill