L245 build

motmow

Equipment
L2350DT, JD 1070, L245
Jun 13, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Had a lady ask me to perform some repairs on her L245. Tractor was in pretty sad shape. Rear main seal leaking, about a gallon over filled on oil, clutch out, and hadn't been ran in about 6 months. She was wanting fix and get rid of so she could get a 4x4. I had just looked at a L245DT with a spun rod bearing but in good shape. I mentioned taking her engine and loader and installing them on the DT. Well she went for it.

Attachments

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Someone's going to end up with a nice tractor.

Still can't decide if I should marry my L225 with OK engine with my L235DT with bad engine. The hydraulic output is much better on the 235 it seems so leaning toward eventually rebuilding that engine and selling working 225

motmow

Equipment
L2350DT, JD 1070, L245
Jun 13, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Someone's going to end up with a nice tractor.

Still can't decide if I should marry my L225 with OK engine with my L235DT with bad engine. The hydraulic output is much better on the 235 it seems so leaning toward eventually rebuilding that engine and selling working 225
I split a lot of tractors and have gotten pretty fast at it. You can do the swap in a day. The good thing is I get the leftover parts, so now I will rebuild the engine and put the other one back together. One problem I had was the 245DT had a new hydraulic pump on it and the previous owner didn't install the woodruff key. I had no hydraulics when I went to install the loader. I swapped out the pump from the other tractor and still no 3 point lift, but the lines for the loader had pressure. Then it dawned on me that the loader needed to be hooked up to have a return via the loader control.

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
MotMow,
You have committed a most grievous sin; not posting enough pictures to demonstrate all the hard work of your transplant surgery! This Old House commits this sin all the time!

Glad it worked out great.

Dan