L2350 clutch squealing

rcblattner

Equipment
L2350
Jul 11, 2019
Russiaville, Indiana
I have a late model L2350 with 725 hrs. When i bought it the fella said the clutch and throw out bearings were replaced. I said how many throw out bearings were replaced? He said all 12. So i don't know if he really had it changed or not. Anyway 3 years later now when i push the clutch in it sounds like high pitched squealing or maybe metal on metal grinding until I let off the clutch. Sometimes i have issues shifting gears with it grinding. I'm guessing it is time to change the clutch. I plan on doing it myself. Besides the clutch and all associated parts should i change any of the oil seals on the transmission or engine since I'll have it split? Is there anything else i should change while I have it apart?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
RC, welcome to the forum. You've heard of a cat having 9 lives, maybe your clutch has 12 throw out bearings....so you have 11 left. It would be way too early to start changing them!:D:D

To answer your question, if no leaks are present I would not change out any seals. The clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and pilot bushing, and you got it all. The sleeve that the throw out bearing set in has a grease fitting. Some folks get the idea that greases the throw out bearing, which is false. It greases the sleeve on the shaft, that's it. Too much grease there and soon it is thrown up on the clutch and you have a new problem!! One pump every few years, after you have the shaft greased when you install it.

Only other thing to remember is, put a block (of wood) on each side of the engine right over the front axle to keep the engine from flopping to the side when you separate it.

Check your clutch adjustment before you start disassembly, it might be something simple.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not online, but check your PM's (top right). ;)

Last edited: