L235 hydraulic block.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
From what I am getting from the manual this backhoe can be configured to run with PB. Need to start taking things apart so I can see the valve better. They reference a PB kit, so need get the details on that kit to see if I can just make it :) . Thanks again for the explanations. Really made this a lot clearer.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
After seeing the loader parts diagrams and your pictures I think your original ID was probably right. The elbows are likely standard 90 degree male pipe tube end compression fittings. You have taken it apart in the middle of assembly. That's a strange way to make a rigid 90 degree connection to the hydraulic block but it works.

Dan

gyroscopic_effect

Equipment
Kubota L235 with FEL and Century 7600 Backhoe
May 1, 2022
Southern Tier NY
Thanks all! I have put everything back together and it all still works and doesn't leak, ill call that a win for the day. Based on Hokies' advice I will be focusing on working the plumbing from the BF400 block and finding the parts that I will need to make the backhoe work as open center. Will update once I make some headway there. Cheers!!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks all! I have put everything back together and it all still works and doesn't leak, ill call that a win for the day. Based on Hokies' advice I will be focusing on working the plumbing from the BF400 block and finding the parts that I will need to make the backhoe work as open center. Will update once I make some headway there. Cheers!!
You have three bullhead mounted quick couplers for the loader hoses. The really simple solution:

1. Run two hoses with male and female quick connects from the hoe forward to the loader bulkhead connectors.
  2. Disconnect the loader PB hose from bulkhead QD and plug it into the QD on the backhoe pressure in line.
  3. Connect the backhoe power beyond hose to the loader power beyond bulkhead QD.
Then all you need is a tank return for the backhoe valve. It should be pretty easy to tee that into the tank return QD on the loader bulkhead using another hose and quick coupler.

BOM : Three hoses, two female quick coupler bodies, one quick coupler male tip, and a tee.

Dan

gyroscopic_effect

Equipment
May 1, 2022
Southern Tier NY
You have three bullhead mounted quick couplers for the loader hoses. The really simple solution:

1. Run two hoses with male and female quick connects from the hoe forward to the loader bulkhead connectors.
  2. Disconnect the loader PB hose from bulkhead QD and plug it into the QD on the backhoe pressure in line.
  3. Connect the backhoe power beyond hose to the loader power beyond bulkhead QD.
Then all you need is a tank return for the backhoe valve. It should be pretty easy to tee that into the tank return QD on the loader bulkhead using another hose and quick coupler.

BOM : Three hoses, two female quick coupler bodies, one quick coupler male tip, and a tee.

Dan
Thanks Dan, I will still need to convert the backhoe to have a PB. Looks pretty simple from the instructions I found. In the images they call out a power back sleeve. I found the plug where that gets inserted on the valve body. That should be the hardest to source part. I have a part number there but Amerequip doesnt do the backhoes anymore. Seems they still sell some obsolete parts. I was going to give them a call and see what the dimensions are of that sleeve. Looks like a few hydraulic supply places sell them. But once I have that set up your list there should cover it.

Thanks again, seriously.

Cheers!

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Dan, I will still need to convert the backhoe to have a PB. Looks pretty simple from the instructions I found. In the images they call out a power back sleeve. I found the plug where that gets inserted on the valve body. That should be the hardest to source part. I have a part number there but Amerequip doesnt do the backhoes anymore. Seems they still sell some obsolete parts. I was going to give them a call and see what the dimensions are of that sleeve. Looks like a few hydraulic supply places sell them. But once I have that set up your list there should cover it.

Thanks again, seriously.

Cheers!
Yes. The power beyond sleeve is your biggest problem. They are specific to the valve. See if you can find a make and model number on it.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Thanks again, seriously.

Cheers!
Looking at some Ameriquip documentation it appears that hoe used a Gresen sectional valve. If you can find the model number on it or if Ameriquip will share that with you your search would be a lot easier. Some of their valves converted using internal pipe plugs - a lot easier to convert than the ones that used sleeves,

Whoops - looking at the conversion instruction I see it does require a sleeve. But if its a Gresen valve you should be able to fond the part. Apparently that hoe was also rebadged and sold by JD so they may be a source.

Dam

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Looking at some Ameriquip documentation it appears that hoe used a Gresen sectional valve. If you can find the model number on it or if Ameriquip will share that with you your search would be a lot easier. Some of their valves converted using internal pipe plugs - a lot easier to convert than the ones that used sleeves,

Dan
Assuming that you will never need to use the 3ph when the backhoe is attached, Plan B might be to install a diverter valve in the line from the FEL PB port to hydraulic block. Set one way would send fluid to the BH, set the other way would send fluid to the 3ph instead. You would have to cut into the existing piping and would still need a return line from the BH to the reservoir of course, but would not need the PB sleeve for the BH because the BH would then be the end of the series.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Assuming that you will never need to use the 3ph when the backhoe is attached, Plan B might be to install a diverter valve in the line from the FEL PB port to hydraulic block. Set one way would send fluid to the BH, set the other way would send fluid to the 3ph instead. You would have to cut into the existing piping and would still need a return line from the BH to the reservoir of course, but would not need the PB sleeve for the BH because the BH would then be the end of the series.
Just remove the outlet pipe and feed the selector valve with a hose connected directly to the tractor hydraulic block. Then run hoses from the selector forward to the loader quick coupler and rearward to the backhoe. That makes the backhoe totally separate from the loader/3pt. You can mount the selector valve right next to the operators seat for easy switching. I did something similar for my 3pt log splitter.

Dan

20210926_125022.jpg
[

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I think one would want the FEL operable simultaneous with the BH. Much easier when repositioning since the FEL bucket is used to help stabilize the tractor when using the BH. That's why I suggest putting the selector valve after the FEL control (on the way back to the block).

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I think one would want the FEL operable simultaneous with the BH. Much easier when repositioning since the FEL bucket is used to help stabilize the tractor when using the BH. That's why I suggest putting the selector valve after the FEL control (on the way back to the block).
I think he has a 3pt hoe so he probably wants the three point and loader when repositioning. It really does not matter which pipe you replace as long as you mount the selector in a convenient spot where its easy to switch from the seat.

Power beyond sleeve moots the issue.

Dan

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I think he has a 3pt hoe so he probably wants the three point and loader when repositioning. It really does not matter which pipe you replace as long as you mount the selector in a convenient spot where its easy to switch from the seat.

Power beyond sleeve moots the issue.

Dan
A PB sleeve is the most versatile option, if available. No question. However, I'm not familiar with a 3ph mounted backhoe that actually uses the 3ph to lift or stabilize. The ones I have seen have the upper link braced or are attached to the tow bar mount so they cannot be lifted. The lower arms are simply horizontal braces.

It makes sense when you think about it: if they were not braced in such a fashion, the stabilizer legs would simply lift the 3ph arms when deployed instead of applying downforce on the ground.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
A PB sleeve is the most versatile option, if available. No question. However, I'm not familiar with a 3ph mounted backhoe that actually uses the 3ph to lift or stabilize. The ones I have seen have the upper link braced or are attached to the tow bar mount so they cannot be lifted. The lower arms are simply horizontal braces.

It makes sense when you think about it: if they were not braced in such a fashion, the stabilizer legs would simply lift the 3ph arms when deployed instead of applying downforce on the ground.
I never actually thought about it and it does make sense. Given its a not overly old Gresen stack valve I would be surprised if he could not source the PB sleeve. That said it might not be inexpensive....

Dan

gyroscopic_effect

Equipment
May 1, 2022
Southern Tier NY
OldHokie, torch, and wolfman,

Thank you all so much for ALL of your help. I got the backhoe working today :). It was one of those one thing after another projects but I was finally able to finish it up. I even moved dirt for about five minutes before blowing a hose hahahaha. Of course its the hardest hose to get to.

Well thank you all again. On to the next problem.

Cheers,
George

Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Glad to hear it.

That you got it working, that is. Blowing the hose sucks, but at least the repair is obvious.

Reactions: 1 user