L2250 Free to me.

Roosters2250

Equipment
L2250
Dec 19, 2020
Reedley, California
Merry Christmas,
I was given a kubota l2250.
I put a fresh battery, cleaned up the ground cable to the frame and positive cable to the starter. Sat on the seat, depressed the clutch and can't get a crank. Engine turns freely.
Upon reading other requests for assistance.
Where is the location of the neutral safety switch?
What is chrome like button on the left of the steering column? Upon looking at it closely, it looked like a possible key location? The black and white, on the back of the button wire runs to the starter?
Is there a fuse able link? Location?
Thank you for your help.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
So the engine does not tun over correct?

I think the silver button is the magic for you. The black white wire on my old l185 is the starter circuit that runs through the clutch safety switch. See if you can see the same wire at the starter and clutch safety switch (which may be on the opposite side of the tractor from the clutch pedal.

Do you have any idea how the glow plugs are operated?

Reactions: 1 user

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not familiar with that model, but I gotta get me better friends.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
What is chrome like button on the left of the steering column? Upon looking at it closely, it looked like a possible key location?
I think what you are referring to is the glow plug indicator.

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Per the wire diagram, thank you, it says its a safety starter switch. What the heck is a safety starter switch?
The "safety starter switch" is the push button switch on your clutch linkage, probably on the left side of the clutch housing where the control shaft goes into it.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Use this link for some info on your tractor.

Here is link to purchase a service manual download

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I sent you a PM for the WSM (aka service manual).

Go directly to the starter and with the tractor in neutral, jump the large terminal to the small terminal and it should crank, if it doesn't you either have a main wiring issue or a bad starter.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Glo Plug indicator. Should be a coiled wire behind the hole that glows when the glo plugs are energized.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If all systems are working, when you turn the ignition key counter-clockwise and hold if for 20 seconds or so you should notice a glow coming from a wire inside the chrome cover. That is, as Flip mentioned, an indicator of Glow Plugs working.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
0 seconds or so you should notice a glow coming from a wire inside the chrome cover.
Sometimes hard to see in full sunlight, but should be obvious in low light. (or dark)

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That is not a button that moves is it? If not then you can ignore it for the “engine won’t spin problem”.

If you are not sure how to test the starter directly per North Idaho Wolfman’s (NIW) instructions then disconnect the negative cable from the battery, take several good pictures of the wiring at the starter (so you can get them back in the same spot) take the starter to a auto parts store or starter repair shop and have them test it and the solenoid to make sure they are good.

That will narrow down the “won’t spin” problem and get some progress on getting it running.

I also suggest that you get an operation manual or look closely at the label around the key switch to see all the key positions and what they do. If you can’t read the label you can buy a new one from the dealer if you want to.

Roosters2250

Equipment
L2250
Dec 19, 2020
Reedley, California
Ok. Thank you for the information. Yes I did ask this in another post. Forgive me. In 2016 I suffered a concussion, so it might take me a little longer to understand.
There is a coil behind the chrome button. But what was throwing me off was the metal scratches around the base of it. Thinking that a key would be inserted.
Per the wire diagram, it mentioned a saftey switch. The wire colors are correct.
Thank you again for your help with this 2250.

JoeBabbs

Equipment
L3800, FEL, BH, box blade, front tine bucket, hydraulic front angle blade
Jan 20, 2020
Ithaca, NY USA
Merry Christmas,
I was given a kubota l2250.
I put a fresh battery, cleaned up the ground cable to the frame and positive cable to the starter. Sat on the seat, depressed the clutch and can't get a crank. Engine turns freely.
Upon reading other requests for assistance.
Where is the location of the neutral safety switch?
What is chrome like button on the left of the steering column? Upon looking at it closely, it looked like a possible key location? The black and white, on the back of the button wire runs to the starter?
Is there a fuse able link? Location?
Thank you for your help.

This happens to my L3800 some times. Moving the loader joystick around and pressing the HST pedal forward and reverse, then verifying I am in neutral releases hydraulic pressure and usually gets it going.