L2250 coolant in oil sump

kubotal2250

Jan 31, 2021
canada
I'm going to remove the hoses going to the cab heater and fix them another time. Do the ports on the supply and return of the cooling system have nipples in them that I can remove to plug them?

Wull

Equipment
Tractor
Mar 21, 2023
Scotland
If you had coolant in the oil you would have clear signs of emulsification. As for the expansion bottle, the level will go up when the coolant system pressurises and the spring within the radiator cap moves bleeding off coolant to the expansion bottle, when the coolant cools down the vacuum draws the coolant back from the expansion bottle to the radiator.

So what you noticed with the expansion bottle was perfectly normal. The oil level and how it looks on the dipstick is perfectly fine.

As for the warning light it could be a faulty sensor and or something innocent.

Looking at the picture of the expansion bottle - is there even a sensor there? If not then are you sure it was a low coolant level light? Radiator full and bottle at min mark.

Last edited:

kubotal2250

Jan 31, 2021
canada
Well I finally got some time to work on the tractor. I drained the oil and changed it and the filter. I saw in the WSM that the torque spec for the drain plug is 90 foot pounds is that correct? Or are they talking abou a different plug?
I drained all the coolant and cut out the cab heater hoses and put a bypass hose I got from the dealer in place . I can just use regular 50/50 green anti freeze correct?
I posted some pictures. The hoses were the ones from the cab heater and look to be the culprit of the coolant leak. I wasn't able to find a adapter for my stant pressure tester so wasnt able to test the radiator

Attachments

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
More likely inlbs. 90 inlbs = 7-8 ftlbs

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This is the page right out of the WSM. Not sure if it's a typo or not
Geez -, I just do “snug.” No way I’d do 90 ft. lbs.

Likely a steel oil pan, but that seems really tight to me.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
This is the page right out of the WSM. Not sure if it's a typo or not
Here is a pic of the proper tool to tighten your oil drain plug.

I think Messicks sells them.

Paul
download (1).jpg

Reactions: 1 user

kubotal2250

Jan 31, 2021
canada
Got the rad filled and loader back on and had it running yesterday. I checked all connections for leaks and don't see any. I think I'm good to go. Just curious as I used 10 w 30 diesel engine oil from Kubota as per WSM but the dealer said that they see most people use 15w40? Did Kubota switch oil specs at some point?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Got the rad filled and loader back on and had it running yesterday. I checked all connections for leaks and don't see any. I think I'm good to go. Just curious as I used 10 w 30 diesel engine oil from Kubota as per WSM but the dealer said that they see most people use 15w40? Did Kubota switch oil specs at some point?
No Kubota didn't change, the oil industry did.
5w40 and 15w40 became the 2 new standards for diesel oils.
Most 10w30 out now and not designed for diesel engines.
Read the label of the oil you got to make sure its diesel compatible.
If it is your good to go!

Reactions: 1 user

Wull

Equipment
Tractor
Mar 21, 2023
Scotland
It’s based on temperature range, there is usually a chart showing the different viscosity’s that will work just fine based on the temperature range that the machine will be used.

They will have the oil viscosity that they recommend but others that will work perfectly fine if used within the temp range.