L2000 Compression Release

allantg

Nov 9, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Can someone please tell me when I should and should not use the compression release knob on my dash. When I bought my tractor, the seller told me to use the compression release to shut the tractor off. In reading more about my tractor on this site, I realized there is a lever to shut the engine down. So now I don't use the compression release for that.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
If you are out in a field away from your house and shut the tractor off and come back and the lights were left on or the battery is weak:eek: then pull compression knob to make engine rotate over faster then push in while rotating fast and this will help engine start;). Then go straight home charge battery. Hope this helps. handy

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Better listen to Vic on this one.handy
Handy you posted your response at 7:30, Vic had his in a 7:31. You two were a country apart and typing at the same time but you pulled the trigger 1 minute faster with the answer - you did good :D

bleecker

Equipment
l245
Oct 15, 2010
new york
can anyone post a picture of the knob pulled in and out. Mine is missing from my (new) l245dt. Mechanism is intact but just a hole in dashboard.