L1500DT Gear Shift Lever Oil Leak.

Hymie

Equipment
L1500DT, Slasher, 5Ft Grader Blade.
Nov 23, 2011
Warragul, Victoria Australia
My L1500 leaks oil from around the gear lever when the Tractor has been operating for a while. The oil level seems to be OK when I check it.
Any ideas as to the cause and a solution would be appreciated.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Mine was doing that until I figured out that the vent was plugged. Might want to check yours out. Mine is under the seat on the left hand side, sort of shaped like a question mark.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Make sure you don't have water contamination as it will cause the oil to foam and will force it out the shifter.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
I tied a rag around the bottom of the shifter.
Every now and then I remove the rag and give the metal around it a wipe down. Keeps the rust down.

Vic
Can you provide a part number of the rubber seal.

breedlove

Equipment
L1500 (L175)
Aug 18, 2018
Hamburg, Arkansas
I have a L1500 that has this same issue after running the PTO for about an hour. I've looked for my vent and cant seem to find it. I'm sure its right in front of my face, but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for either. pictures would be great if anyone can help!

also looking for a current part number for the seals on the gear shifter.
34150-23872 shows to be obsolete everywhere I look. my local Kubota dealer has been no help at all.

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a L1500 that has this same issue after running the PTO for about an hour. I've looked for my vent and cant seem to find it. I'm sure its right in front of my face, but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for either. pictures would be great if anyone can help!

34150-23872 shows to be obsolete everywhere I look. my local Kubota dealer has been no help at all.

Thanks

P/N T0270-23870
https://www.colemanequip.com/search/T0270-23870/

And you do know it has nothing to do with your Dealer, it has to do with Kubota Corp, and your dealer could loose his dealership for helping you with parts for a grey market tractor.

breedlove

Equipment
L1500 (L175)
Aug 18, 2018
Hamburg, Arkansas
I clearly understand that fact wolfguy!!!! It states that clearly on this site. Part of the reason I came here looking for answers as to what I have going on. NOT ANOTHER PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH!!! Thanks

Anyone else care to help point me in the right direction? I’ve even searched for this issue and parts for the L175 which is supposed to be the USA model of my tractor. I still can’t seem to find the vent that is said to be under the seat. Looking for a solution here, not trying to step in a DEALERS feelings. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Keep your shirt on breedlove, NIW has given you a link to the part, follow it and get one.
Another supplier, with a pic here, or just order it at you local kubota agent
https://www.messicks.com/part/t0270-23870/shield-pto-s-ch
This is a pic of one type of breather, no idea if yours has this or a hole drilled through the filler cap, metal can type or other etc.
https://www.messicks.com/services/i...il=False&w=0&watermark=True&hideIfEmpty=False
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KVUAAOSwal5YJGkH/s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

jkk04

Equipment
kubota l1500, JD 410 backhoe,MF 30 tractor, IH TD14 142, BCS 715 tiller
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA

Thanks
Seems like nobody has uploaded any pictures for you.
See attached pictures and hole on the plug.

Hope will help

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I clearly understand that fact wolfguy!!!! It states that clearly on this site. Part of the reason I came here looking for answers as to what I have going on. NOT ANOTHER PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH!!! Thanks

Anyone else care to help point me in the right direction? I’ve even searched for this issue and parts for the L175 which is supposed to be the USA model of my tractor. I still can’t seem to find the vent that is said to be under the seat. Looking for a solution here, not trying to step in a DEALERS feelings. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I absolutely love it when people insult me when I help them out... NOT! :mad:
FYI: Insulting a moderator, or anyone else for that matter, is a great way to end up banned! ;)

Last edited: