L 4200 gst

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
Hi everyone first post and looking for some info already. I just found this site last night. I have been looking at Kubotas and I found one that the woman's husband died a couple years ago and it has set in a pole barn for that period of time. She wants to sell it and I was wondering if parts were still avaiable and what to look for on it. I drove it around and I was surprized that it started up. Here is a general des of what I saw when I looked at it. It needs all new tires, has 2600 hrs on it. has sat outside a lot as the paint is faded and plastic is almost gray. The metal is in good shape no big dents, It has rear remotes and there are no oil leaks as the cement was clean. It run very good and transmission is smooth. What would you pay for something like this or should I leave it be. Did they have any problems with this model tractor. Other than what I listed is there anything else I should look at. Thanks alot

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi everyone first post and looking for some info already. I just found this site last night. I have been looking at Kubotas and I found one that the woman's husband died a couple years ago and it has set in a pole barn for that period of time. She wants to sell it and I was wondering if parts were still avaiable and what to look for on it. I drove it around and I was surprized that it started up. Here is a general des of what I saw when I looked at it. It needs all new tires, has 2600 hrs on it. has sat outside a lot as the paint is faded and plastic is almost gray. The metal is in good shape no big dents, It has rear remotes and there are no oil leaks as the cement was clean. It run very good and transmission is smooth. What would you pay for something like this or should I leave it be. Did they have any problems with this model tractor. Other than what I listed is there anything else I should look at. Thanks alot
Ike,

if you have not been here :

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/3/0/1307-kubota-l4200.html

good info.

tires will be expensive! metal and plastic parts should not be a concern. I wonder if she has any records of when he changed fluids and what not.

as for a price - here is a link :

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7521455

that one has a butt load of hours on it too............

I would ask her WHAT she is thinking........and if she pushes you to come up with a price, then start with a price that you feel comfortable with.

As for what to look for.....

check all fluid levels ---
look at zerks - still should be grease showing
if you buy it - might ought to dump the fuel - not that diesel goes bad, but up the in your cold climate, it could have gelled, it might have algae growing , hell who knows.

check all meters too - did you allow it to get "hot" check the radiator up close. Someone who takes care of their stuff keeps the little things cleaned up well.

if you have time - send us some pictures - they do tell a good story.

that is beast of a tractor! It will do a lot! As for problems - I do not know of any - but others will chime in and tell you more about that model and what to look for.:)

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
There is a loader on the tractor and everything has a lot of grease on it. The radiator looks clean. I ran it around for 15 mins or so and it seemed ok. She said he bought it a couple of years before he died but some times a couple of years may be 5 or 6 or 10 if you know what I mean. The fuel guage did not work but I did not check the tank so it may have been low

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That is a good model with good power and size.

Yes it's easy to get parts for it, nothing odd or out of the ordinary.

That is about a 10k to 15k tractor.