Kwick strange noise when tractor is moving

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
My kubota b21 make strange noise. Not on idle more when I go backward. It’s a strident noice like metal on metal rubbing. It doesn’t seems to come from whells. Does somebody could give me a hint where to look that would be appreciated

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Serge, Welcome aboard! Can you tell us more about the noise? And don't worry about spelling. We don't all speak the same 👍

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
Serge, Welcome aboard! Can you tell us more about the noise? And don't worry about spelling. We don't all speak the same 👍
I desengaged the front wheel and the noise stop. So it’s somewhere on the front drive. The noise is like when the belt slip on the alternator.

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
My kubota b21 make strange noise. Not on idle more when I go backward. It’s a strident noice like metal on metal rubbing. It doesn’t seems to come from whells. Does somebody could give me a hint where to look that would be appreciated
I have desengaged the front drive and the noise stop. So it’s a front drive problem. The noise is like when an alternator belt slipped

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Just as one idea, have you checked the hydraulic fluid level in the front axle Serge>?
(and did you check the torque on the lug nuts as suggested by the Wolfman- NIWM ?

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
Just as one idea, have you checked the hydraulic fluid level in the front axle Serge>?
(and did you check the torque on the lug nuts as suggested by the Wolfman- NIWM ?
It doesn’t make sense the noise come from around the alternator belt. I can hear the noise only on 4 wheels drive .

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
I have desengaged the front drive and the noise stop. So it’s a front drive problem. The noise is like when an alternator belt slipped
It really come from auround the alternator belt. But it doesn’t make sense that the noise occurred only when I put the 4 wheels drive.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It really come from auround the alternator belt. But it doesn’t make sense that the noise occurred only when I put the 4 wheels drive.
You've got to quit answering yourself, it's creepy! ;)

Look at the propeller shaft cover.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Take alternator belt off and reevaluate. Have you owned the tractor long? Wondering if the tire rolling circumference is greater than tolerance. Has the front axle been greased lately? Can you put in neutral and 4wd engage and push the tractor by hand.

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
Take alternator belt off and reevaluate. Have you owned the tractor long? Wondering if the tire rolling circumference is greater than tolerance. Has the front axle been greased lately? Can you put in neutral and 4wd engage and push the tractor by hand.
Is there a zurt somewhere to grease the front axle

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Should have one or two, look at pivot point for a zerk, maybe in center front of it.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
It doesn’t make sense the noise come from around the alternator belt. I can hear the noise only on 4 wheels drive .
Although this will not help you, noise's can be very deceiving.

I always hated reading on the work order "Customer say its squeaks when going over bumps at 43 mph"

When I was at the dealership they sent me to NVH classes (Noise, Vibration , and Harshness)

We hooked up 2 sensors then drove the Jeeps around and then we had to fill out a sheet with all the diameters of the pulleys and tires and such.

I'll be damned. It actually worked most of the time.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Although this will not help you, noise's can be very deceiving.

I always hated reading on the work order "Customer say its squeaks when going over bumps at 43 mph"

When I was at the dealership they sent me to NVH classes (Noise, Vibration , and Harshness)

We hooked up 2 sensors then drove the Jeeps around and then we had to fill out a sheet with all the diameters of the pulleys and tires and such.

I'll be damned. It actually worked most of the time.
What did the diameter dimensions tell you?

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
I removed alternator belt and noise still persists. Oil level ok but there is a sleeve damaged on the front axle it doesn’t look very deep. Your opinion

Attachments