Kubota vs: Bob Cat

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
I was interested that they came out with a tractor line (again) but when I heard it was a rebranded Kioti I lost interest. I'm sure Kioti is good but I was hoping for Bobcat to make their own and put their own stamp on it. They make good construction equipment, and their mowers are good too so I had high hopes.
My understanding is they are eventually going to be making their own machine in house. It seems like maybe the rebranded Kioti approach was just a way to hop on a hot market ASAP? Possibly to also start building brand recognition?

Either way, having more reputable names in the CUT market is a good thing. Keeps the big names (Kubota, Deere, etc) from becoming complacent.

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
All I'm going to say is bobcat uses kubota engines in there skid steers for a reason..

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was answering a question further up that I found while doing a Google search and I got on to answer
Did you happen to notice that you were responding to a post from 12 years ago, I really hope he made his choice by now. 😁

I was a huge bobcat fan (have an older skid steer that's a beast) and considered a tractor from them, then I started reading all the negative reviews and all of the problems getting replacement parts so I passed.
That was the first generation of them, they are on second generation now.

So how is it getting parts for the second generation?

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
All of my buddies that use to run bobcat have switched to Takeuchi, or kubota.. kubota seems to have piss poor serviceability on some cases but are great as long as the emissions and bracket that holds the emissions don't break..

that and dreaded funnel into the engine compartment / bottom lifting rams from the rear lift arms, likes to fill up with dirt and snap hydraulic lines off the rams when they get packed with dirt, especially if you're in a environment that freezes..

Just what they have told me..