Kubota Transmission Filter & Fluid Change

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
If Kubotas Super UDT 2 fluid can last way longer than 400 hrs but there worried about contamination I don’t understand why it’s not more like initial change at 400 hr then second one at 1k and 1k there after have filter changes every 250 hrs is cheaper than dumping oil every 400 hrs.As I’ve stated there behind times in this change intervals 400 hrs ridiculous !!
As mentioned here the added heat and wear factors with an HST vs just having hydraulic power with NOT-transmission attachments running (a manual transmission) , makes for more frequent hst filter and oil change intervals. The combined HST and implement hydraulics in our Kubota HST tractors makes this necessary. Without the hydrostatic tranny, the hydraulic oil would last that 1000 hours, very likely.

I would be careful about calling Kubota's recommended change intervals "ridiculous". And really, don't run the oil in your tractor 2 1/2 times the recommended change interval. If it burns out your hydraulic system well before it should, and you want warranty help, be prepared to face the music!

And your initial change comment at 400 hours is incomplete. Yes the fluid and filters are changed, but the HST and sump filter were also changed at 50 hours, and the HST AGAIN at 200 hours. Then all filtrers again at 400h.

Cranblue

Feb 23, 2019
Lincolnton NC
As mentioned here the added heat and wear factors with an HST vs just having hydraulic power with NOT-transmission attachments running (a manual transmission) , makes for more frequent hst filter and oil change intervals. The combined HST and implement hydraulics in our Kubota HST tractors makes this necessary. Without the hydrostatic tranny, the hydraulic oil would last that 1000 hours, very likely.

I would be careful about calling Kubota's recommended change intervals "ridiculous". And really, don't run the oil in your tractor 2 1/2 times the recommended change interval. If it burns out your hydraulic system well before it should, and you want warranty help, be prepared to face the music!

And your initial change comment at 400 hours is incomplete. Yes the fluid and filters are changed, but the HST and sump filter were also changed at 50 hours, and the HST AGAIN at 200 hours. Then all filtrers again at 400h.
Wrong at 50hrs Transmission filter and Hydro changed at 200 just transmission filter is changed.Hydraulic filter Transmission Filter are changed at 400 hrs as is fluid that is behind the times and ridiculous it has 400 hr change intervals like the motor.Trans filter has 200 hr interval changes Hydraulic filter that has magnetic ring for metal that’s on right side of tractor has 400 hr change intervals.

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Your looking at top 400 hr section of manual I’m looking at high lighted 800 hr number above Font differential axel fluid change I can see some confusion to this caused by Kubotas manual.
There should be no confusion reading the manual. It clearly shows the service interval. At the Right end of each column, it shows "every 400 hrs. At the top of the chart, it shows service at 400hrs, then 800hrs, then 1200hrs, then 1600hrs, etc.

Cranblue

Feb 23, 2019
Lincolnton NC
There should be no confusion reading the manual. It clearly shows the service interval. At the Right end of each column, it shows "every 400 hrs. At the top of the chart, it shows service at 400hrs, then 800hrs, then 1200hrs, then 1600hrs, etc.
L4701 is 800 hr change intervals in Owners manual..

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
As I’ve stated there behind times in this change intervals 400 hrs ridiculous !!
Who dictates the "Times"
It's your tractor, service it or don't service it. It is your choice.
Warranty dictates a specific maintenance schedule.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The Kubota 50 hr service recommendation makes perfect sense to me. There is considerable wear which contaminates the fluids during initial break-in and there is also a high possibility of extraneous “stuff” like RTV, sealants, machining particulates, etc. that will occur and may lodge in filters which may challenge by-pass etc. (As long as I’ve bought cars and equipment I’ve always done complete oil changes etc at the first 1K miles and 5 hrs operation on misc equipment like generators, log-splitters, mowers, etc.)

For those who’ve bought brand-new Kubotas.... does the 50 hour service come as part of the dealer-prep or warranty? ....or does that service come with labor pre-paid? Etc? (May explain a dealers’ incentive to “skip” it.)

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
they typically do not include it as part of the sale. In my anecdotal opinion, if they are saying to change the filters, why not change out all the fluid while you're there.

Reactions: 1 users

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
The Kubota 50 hr service recommendation makes perfect sense to me. There is considerable wear which contaminates the fluids during initial break-in and there is also a high possibility of extraneous “stuff” like RTV, sealants, machining particulates, etc. that will occur and may lodge in filters which may challenge by-pass etc. (As long as I’ve bought cars and equipment I’ve always done complete oil changes etc at the first 1K miles and 5 hrs operation on misc equipment like generators, log-splitters, mowers, etc.)

For those who’ve bought brand-new Kubotas.... does the 50 hour service come as part of the dealer-prep or warranty? ....or does that service come with labor pre-paid? Etc? (May explain a dealers’ incentive to “skip” it.)
Pretty certain that 50hr service was not included with my purchase. That said, even if it had been, I would have still done it myself (with good record keeping, of course). I just don’t believe the (typically) new guys they’ve got doing this type of work are going to do it, “the way I would do it”. Same goes for any new vehicle purchase I’ve made over the years.

Borgf15

Equipment
MX5400
Mar 4, 2020
ID
Same experience at my dealership. They tried to talk me out of doing fluid change at 50 hours, and talk me out of buying SUDT2 vs the dino version. I'm glad I didn't listen to them.

I recently took delivery of my tractor. The dealer recommended changing the hydro oil at 50 even though the manual doesn't call for it. I would have thought it was a money grab if I hadn't seen this pic.

Orange Man Good

Equipment
MX5400 HST
Mar 1, 2021
Somewhere Alabama
I recently took delivery of my tractor. The dealer recommended changing the hydro oil at 50 even though the manual doesn't call for it. I would have thought it was a money grab if I hadn't seen this pic.
I could be wrong but my bet is that fluid would look about the same if he changed it again at 100 hours. SUDT2 is a semi-synthetic oil so it can go much longer than conventional/dino oil.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Nope the 50 hour service is not part of the new purchase unless you have it added to your deal....I had my dealer throw in the filters and fluids as part of the original sale after the quote and before i signed the papers...o_O