Kubota ROPS Program - Still going on, I hope.....

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
I just signed up for the Kubota ROPS and seat belt purchase on the Kubota website... sent them my model B6100 and serial number, and local dealer info. Has anyone been successful at getting the ROPS setup from Kubota? I'm going to install it myself and "assume the liability." I'm thinking 148 bucks plus shipping to the dealer is just too good to be true..... Any thoughts?

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I ordered one through my dealer a few years ago. It was for a L210. I installed it myself. It was pretty straight forward. The paint was a little bit lacking, but I had it painted when I had the tractor painted. Not only does it add the safety factor, but I think it also adds to the looks of the tractor. But that could be just me. And yes, the dealers are suppose to sell them for cost. I don't remember exactly what I paid but I think it was under $200.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I went to order mine, the cost of the ROPS was excellent - the shipping was more than the ROPS!!! Needless and sad to say - I did not order mine, if they could have shipped it to the dealer for a lot less, it would be one the machine today.

Steve NC

Equipment
B7100D, L2900DT, ZD21, G6200,
Dec 29, 2014
Sandy Bottom North Carolina
Hokie, did you ask the dealer about adding it to their weekly stock order? I usually get my special order parts that way so I don't have to pay shipping charges. I usually have to wait a few extra days but at times it has saved me lots of money.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hokie, did you ask the dealer about adding it to their weekly stock order? I usually get my special order parts that way so I don't have to pay shipping charges. I usually have to wait a few extra days but at times it has saved me lots of money.
Never asked the dealer - the shipping came from online when they asked WHERE to ship to! I need to run by my dealer to get some S-UDT2 and filters here soon - I will ask the dealer, good point about getting on their list!:)

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
I just received my quote for the ROPS and seat belt kit from Kubota today. Here is the breakdown for my B6100-DT

2-P ROPS..................................$148.00
Estimated Labor.........................$158.00
Shipping and Handling................$ 90.00
Tax...........................................$ 23.76
Total Price.................................$419.76
Dealer Installed Promotional Price $299.76

It looks like Kubota discounts the kit and the installation by a good chunk of change. Now let's see if the dealer goes along with it. If so, I'll have the dealer install it. I'll also ask about adding the kit to the dealers stock order, but it appears the discount may have already considered that, and then some.

Last edited:

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
Let me know how you make out please. I also have a B6100DT that could use a ROPS.

I just received my quote for the ROPS and seat belt kit from Kubota. Here is the breakdown for my B6100-DT

2-P ROPS..................................$148.00
Estimated Labor.........................$158.00
Shipping and Handling................$ 90.00
Tax...........................................$ 23.76
Total Price.................................$419.76
Dealer Installed Promotional Price $299.76

It looks like Kubota discounts the kit and the installation by a good chunk of change. Now let's see if the dealer goes along with it. If so, I'll have the dealer install it. I'll also ask about adding the kit to the dealers stock order, but it appears the discount may have already considered that, and then some.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
When I got mine, I had a letter from Kubota Corporate stating they would re-imburse for the cost of labor. My dealer argued with that, and it took a call from corporate to get them to change their tune. They were really P.O.ed at me & corporate, and said they would not charge labor "because it wasn't worth the paperwork". Of course, they then screwed up the installation that they would not allow me to do, because I "wasn't qualified". Had to fix it myself. Morons.

P.S. I ended up paying $141 + $80 shipping.

Post #3
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5328

Last edited: