Kubota on Ice

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Here’s a little job I did last winter for a customer of mine. I purchased a old Kubota BX1800 that was used at a airport to pull luggage out to the aircraft. Got it back to the shop and ordered up an Olympia ice re-surfacer and modified the tractor to take the unit.Had to shorted the rear 3 pt arms by 1.5" to lift the unit, made up a mounting bracket for the hydraulics', mounted a switch in the dash and added a bunch of suitcase weights that I had kicking around to keep the front end on the ground. It’s not pretty but works like a new machine. My customer built an indoor arena in his back yard and needed this unit for the project. Here’s a few photo’s of the unit.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
So do you accept applications for an old fat intern? I never thought I would see a Kubota turned into a Zamboni. WOW just wow :D

Wildfire

Equipment
So do you accept applications for an old fat intern? I never thought I would see a Kubota turned into a Zamboni. WOW just wow :D
Yes come on over. Every day there's something new to try and do. Even my customers will come in and say "I never know what to expect to see when I come in here". My next project is to take a used BX2200 and turn it into a toaster oven

Here's another one of the airport Kubota's I restored for a customer. It was in rough shape but when my customer came to pick it up he thought it was new. Now that's the ultimate compliment!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
My next project is to take a used BX2200 and turn it into a toaster oven
I have a thought....My local dealer says they quite often uses the bucket of a loader as a cooler. They fill it up with ice and put the bevrage of choice in and bingo you have a cooler. I was showing this thread to My Beautiful Wifey-Poo and she says maybe instead of a toaster oven what about a BBQ grill. What do you think :p

Wildfire

Equipment
I have a thought....My local dealer says they quite often uses the bucket of a loader as a cooler. They fill it up with ice and put the bevrage of choice in and bingo you have a cooler. I was showing this thread to My Beautiful Wifey-Poo and she says maybe instead of a toaster oven what about a BBQ grill. What do you think :p
Now that's a great idea. Now we know which one has the brains in your family :p I'll do it but we have a slight problem. I can't even boil water :eek: Honest. If I had to cook for myself I'd starve to death in a week :eek: I'll build it and you two come over to use it :D I live on that little dot out in the middle of the North Atlantic and we have lots of moose here to cook with :D

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
So can you drive from the states to your little dot out in the middle of the North Atlantic? Or is it only by air?

Wildfire

Equipment
So can you drive from the states to your little dot out in the middle of the North Atlantic? Or is it only by air?
Yep you can get to Nova Scotia then take a ferry to the island. From there drive 12 hours and you'll be in my driveway. Nutt'en to it :D

By the way the other rebuild does look like a new unit ;)
Thank you sir.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Yep you can get to Nova Scotia then take a ferry to the island. From there drive 12 hours and you'll be in my driveway. Nutt'en to it :D
Humm....Just looked on Mapquest and it say just 77 hours of solid driving and just 4600 miles or 7400 KM. If I leave now I should be there by breakfast ;)

One of thease days I just may knock on the door and ask you to show me your toys :D

Last edited:

DJG

Equipment
2007 B7800 LA402 FEL
Aug 1, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Wildfire, you are amazing. The only thing missing from the tractor is a pair of dice hanging off the ROPS.
It's always a pleasure reading your posts and looking at your cool projects.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

In Newfoundland, no less. That's out there!
David

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Humm....Just looked on Mapquest and it say just 77 hours of solid driving and just 4600 miles or 7400 KM. If I leave now I should be there by breakfast ;)

One of thease days I just may knock on the door and ask you to show me your toys :D
That is just the distance I have traveled on my trip in June. Maybe we fly and meet in Nova Scotia, take the ferry and make an internship for one week at Wildfire together. In my first Internship they tought me how to clean the floor, maybe you take the chance to take over that part of training then... :D

carl

Wildfire

Equipment

Come on up my buddy. The wife will put on some extra breakfast for you. As for visiting, you and anyone else on here is more than welcome to come and visit and I mean that.

Wildfire, you are amazing. The only thing missing from the tractor is a pair of dice hanging off the ROPS.
It's always a pleasure reading your posts and looking at your cool projects.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

In Newfoundland, no less. That's out there!
David
Thanks David. After working 15 hours today I sure don't feel amazing lol. It's great to hear folks say they enjoy this stuff and I appreciate it very much but it takes all of us to keep this great site going. Thanks again my friend. Paul

That is just the distance I have traveled on my trip in June. Maybe we fly and meet in Nova Scotia, take the ferry and make an internship for one week at Wildfire together. In my first Internship they tought me how to clean the floor, maybe you take the chance to take over that part of training then... :D

carl
Carl you can be the service manager if you want. Sounds like a good plan. Come on over buddy :D

kubota alpine

Nov 5, 2010
wabush labrador canada
good to see people from from the island are still as welcoming as they always were, I'm from labrador myself but my old man is from grand falls. If I'm out on the island this or next fall to get a moose I might have to stop by I'd love to se your shop and work in person you seem to very nice shop and the skills to go with it!

Wildfire

Equipment
good to see people from from the island are still as welcoming as they always were, I'm from labrador myself but my old man is from grand falls. If I'm out on the island this or next fall to get a moose I might have to stop by I'd love to se your shop and work in person you seem to very nice shop and the skills to go with it!
Well sir first of all let me welcome you to the site. Its great to see new folks signing up here. You might be surprised but I have a pile of Labrador blood in me. I grew up and worked in Lab. City. Got married there and had my first son born there.
I moved there when I was nine months old back in 1960. From what I can remember there wasn't a big lot to the place back then ;)
I was well known the're as a heavy equipment operator and worked for a company called RSM or back then it was known as Ste'Marie.

As for dropping by, you have an open invitation. We have at least three or four people drop by each week asking to view the shop, Gasoline Alley and yes even our tractor and the mods that's been done to it.

You stay well up there in the big land and welcome to the site.

Sooner or later Wildfire starts to take an entrance fee... :D

carl
Carl a few years ago the town actually wanted to do that. They wanted to put a student here and open it to the public. I decided not to because I would never get my work done. I do give tours but I never charge.

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Two words, Sir: You Rock.

I love to see the stuff you come up with. Some day I want to see more of our awesome country, including Newfoundland; if your part of Canada can come up with some of the friendliest and kindest people I know, as well as craftsmen such as yourself, it'll be worth the trip.

Keep up the cool pictures and ideas!

Wildfire

Equipment
Two words, Sir: You Rock.

I love to see the stuff you come up with. Some day I want to see more of our awesome country, including Newfoundland; if your part of Canada can come up with some of the friendliest and kindest people I know, as well as craftsmen such as yourself, it'll be worth the trip.

Keep up the cool pictures and ideas!
Oh man thank you very much. You took a rough day that I was having and turned it into a great one so thanks for that. In the mean time I'll extend an open invitation to you to come visit us any time and you'll see some interesting things that I'm always working on. As soon as I complete one project I'm Starting another. Thanks again for your kind words towards Newfoundlanders and me as well. All the best. Paul

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hummmm I would expect nothin less from you,,,
However it will be interesting to see what kind of things go under the hood of that new PONY.. Turbo? Blower? NO2? Stroker? I mean the winters are long up there and ya cant plow snow all the time,,, or can ya?