Kubota Model 1200 FEL

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
It's for an earlier generation of Kubota, but I don't see why it can't be done. Do you have the towers too, or just the arms? You'll need a subframe that runs the length of the underbody to tie everything together, and a crosspiece from that subframe will support the towers, with braces to the front.

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
It's for an earlier generation of Kubota, but I don't see why it can't be done. Do you have the towers too, or just the arms? You'll need a subframe that runs the length of the underbody to tie everything together, and a crosspiece from that subframe will support the towers, with braces to the front.
It has the towers and what looks like most of the mounting portion of the subframe. I'll fab up everything else to ensure it's tied together and the load is distributed across as much of the frame as possible.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Schmellba99, if you have the time, tools and some imagination you can make anything work!

I got an L305 a few years back, and was told (by some on this forum) it better be a work of love because it is never going to run, and cost too much if it does.

I resurrected it, and then put a loader on it. It's about a 1980's, 30 HP tractor, so just like you trying to find a loader is a project in itself. I found a loader off of a Massey tractor, made a deal over the phone after I got some measurements and drove 5 hr one way to pick it up. I ended up using the loader bucket, arm, towers, etc. but fabricated every piece to attach it to that tractor. I remember going to Fastenal to get metric bolts of the length required. I spent over $100 in grade 8 bolts!

Patience is a virtue!

Here's some pictures.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
It has the towers and what looks like most of the mounting portion of the subframe. I'll fab up everything else to ensure it's tied together and the load is distributed across as much of the frame as possible.
If you can get information on the proper subframe for that tractor (attachment points, etc) you can replicate it. Good luck!

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
If you can get information on the proper subframe for that tractor (attachment points, etc) you can replicate it. Good luck!
I can print the exploded parts view from Kubota and get pretty close to the subframe design of the LA 351, which is the original FEL specified for my tractor. Will be a project, but having a neighbor that owns a welding shop and who is pretty darn good at what he does kind of helps.