Kubota la524 loader float control problems

Codom

Equipment
Kubota L3200
Sep 5, 2014
carriere
The mounting bracket for my kubota la524 loader broke the other day. After welding the bracket up. I reinstalled it on the tractor. I did not remove any lines from the pump. Now my float control is reversed. Anyone have this problem. Again I did not remove any lines what's so ever. Only the bracket.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Float is a detented position on the valve-you get to it by pushing the joystick fully forwards (or up on some loader because of the way the valve is mounted on the tower).

How can it be "reversed"?

Codom

Equipment
Kubota L3200
Sep 5, 2014
carriere
I'm calling it reverse but now whenever I pick the tires up off the ground and you push the lever to much it slams the tractor back down this never happen before?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm calling it reverse but now whenever I pick the tires up off the ground and you push the lever to much it slams the tractor back down this never happen before?
What you describe here is a loader valve working properly. When you say you push the lever "to much" that is the float position. Just what it's suppose to do!

Codom

Equipment
Kubota L3200
Sep 5, 2014
carriere
Thanks for that info and i appreciate everyones thoughts. However I am aware of the float control and it's purpose. The float control was working fine before I removed the bracket. After I reinstalled the mounting bracket that the hydraulic control valve sits on. The float position is not the same as it was before. I even went to my dad's house and my neighbors house and got on there tractors just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. And something is definitely not right. Whenever scooping dirt or pushing something with the bucket the float control is not activated in the same position as before. I did not unhook any hydraulic lines what's so ever. I only removed the bracket & welded it back up and reinstalled it. I assumed the same way as before? Thanks again

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Thinking the detent part has been disturbed, water or moisture will get in and rust the balls and spring. Maybe by letting it hang or using a hammer/impact near valve knocked something loose.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well you've done a good job of not getting the answer you need. How about taking a picture of the bracket you welded, and then one of your control valve.

What you described as doing (welding a bracket) should not have an effect on how a control valve functions.

You say, " The float position is not the same as it was before."

Maybe it wasn't working correctly before you did your work, and now it is...and you're not use to it working that way? Did the bracket you welded have anything to do with the physical position of the control valve?

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Is this (circled in blue) the part you welded?

If so, shifting the exact position even slightly will make a difference in the point that the functions actuate when multiplied by the lever length.

Attachments

Codom

Equipment
Kubota L3200
Sep 5, 2014
carriere
Does anyone know of link that has a digram of the LA524 FEL. I've search online and have failed to find anything.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
If something worked before one takes action, but fails to work after said action, then the first rule of troubleshooting applies: "What did you do?"

This is the bracket I welded. I never unhooked any of the those lines except for the bolt that holds the lever in place.
Is there some way that the bolt can affect the throw of the lever or the location of the fulcrum? If you look at the amount of shiny spot on the spool valve and compare that to the travel at the end of the lever, I imagine you will discover that it would not take much change in alignment to make a noticeable change at the lever.

Codom

Equipment
Kubota L3200
Sep 5, 2014
carriere
Not sure what happen when I put it back together but after adjusting the tension on the control valve it is back to where it was before. Thanks for the help and everyone's input.

Attachments

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Not sure what happen when I put it back together but after adjusting the tension on the control valve it is back to where it was before.

aaaand that would be why it is the first rule of troubleshooting! :)

For future reference, the second rule of troubleshooting is: "Try the easiest and simplest possibility first, because it doesn't take much time or money to try and it is usually the problem anyway."