Kubota L4802

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
Finally, something to update! Spoke with my dealer today. It seems there are a grand total of 8 L4802s in the state of Florida, and one of them is mine. Contract has been signed, and building out to spec will begin shortly. There is hope out there.
Sparky Prep … well played Sir. I’m still waiting to hear from my dealer. I will reach out to him Friday.

Looking at the Grand L4760 as well. Want the L4802 but I am not sure when they will arrive.

The Grand L4760 is more than I’d like to pay … we’ll see.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The Grand L4760 is more than I’d like to pay … we’ll see.
It really is a lot more tractor too. You'd probably never regret it - at least, after the moment you pay the money over.

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
It really is a lot more tractor too. You'd probably never regret it - at least, after the moment you pay the money over.
Sat down w my dealer last week. He indicated that btw their 3 locations in Virginia they are only slated for 3 L4802’s.

He was frustrated as all 3 dealer locations sold dozens & dozens of the L4701 this past year. He said it was one of their best selling compact Kubotas.

They seem to move a few big tractors to the larger local farms & many more subcompact tractors … the L4701’s though were the sweet spot for larger compact tractors. He also said the MX 5400 & MX 6000 are moving well.

Anyhow I did get a ROM from him on pricing with all the implements needed for now (grapple, rake, scraper / grader, loader, pallet forks, spreader & 3rd function valve kit)

All in approx 55k to 56k.

He still doesn’t have solid pricing bc they haven’t received any L4802’s. Once he gets one … he’ll have exact pricing based on his invoice.

Last edited:

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
Sat down w my dealer last week. He indicated that btw their 3 locations in Virginia they are only slated for 3 L4802’s.

He was frustrated as all 3 dealer locations sold dozens & dozens of the L4701 this past year. He said it was one of their best selling compact Kubotas.

They seem to move a few big tractors to the larger local farms & many more subcompact tractors … the L4701’s though were the sweet spot for larger compact tractors. He also said the MX 5400 & MX 6000 are moving well.

Anyhow I did get a ROM from him on pricing with all the implements needed for now (grapple, rake, scraper / grader, loader, pallet forks, spreader & 3rd function valve kit)

All in approx 55k to 56k.

He still doesn’t have solid pricing bc they haven’t received any L4802’s. Once he gets one … he’ll have exact pricing based on his invoice.
I'm at $47k for L4802 HST 4WD, 2 sets rear remotes, FEL w/ bucket, pallet forks, 6' rotary cutter.

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
I’m betting they’ve got 3% - 7% wiggle room off total price to buyer.
I’m deciding between the following
3 tractors:

Grand L4060 - 51k w implements
L4802 - 55k w implements
MX 5400 - 57.6k w implements

My goal was to keep all in cost under 60k

Reactions: 1 users

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
Get the MX it’s far better than the orphan model
Cath,

I think you’re missing something … the “orphan model” outsold the MX last year 3 to 1 at 3 different dealers I’ve spoken with.

I will tell you … I like the FEL lift capacity of the MX5400.

We’ll see ….

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I don't think that's a helpful comment Sparky. It's unkind and a personal attack.

Cathy has her view, and she's entitled to it. I personally feel she expresses that same view a bit too often, but it is her view. Personal attacks bring the whole forum down, and we don't like to engage in conversations in that tone.

I would consider editing your comment if I were you, because it doesn't reflect well on you.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
People - enough, lets talk about Orange tractors please!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
3 tractors:

L4802 - 55k w implements

I am sure these numbers are real,.....but I find it very hard to comprehend them.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
3 tractors:

L4802 - 55k w implements

I don’t know what the differences are between the L4701 and L4802. The 4701 is a clutchless HST with both brakes on the left and electric over hydraulic live PTO (in the HST model) so I know those aren’t changes.

The most glaring differences between the MX5400 and L4701 is significantly more loader capacity for the MX and it’s a bit larger dimensionally. 3 point capacity is quite similar, although the MX, I believe, has CAT 2 3 point v CAT 1 for the L. Sitting on a MX5400 at the dealership recently, it felt like I was sitting on a marginally larger version of my 4701. Both are basic machines with pretty much identical layout of controls, display, etc.

Any “Grand” is going to be a more refined machine. Option for a cab that the others don’t offer. More attention to ergonomics.

Obviously I went with the 4701. I had some defined size limitations and, although the MX is only marginally larger, it exceeded my size limitations so it didn’t qualify. Otherwise, I would have seriously considered the extra couple thousand for the extra loader capacity. Couldn’t use a cab and didn’t want to pay up for a Grand anything.

But they make a plethora of models for a reason. One size does not fit all. All three models you’re considering are quality tractors that are likely to serve you well.

So far as the “orphan” comment from a previous post, if that’s the sort of thing you consider in picking equipment; good luck to you. I do understand taking into consideration buying some oddball thing that only 75 of exist in the world such that obtaining parts and accessories may be problematic, but that’s not the case with any of the models you’re considering.

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
I don’t know what the differences are between the L4701 and L4802. The 4701 is a clutchless HST with both brakes on the left and electric over hydraulic live PTO (in the HST model) so I know those aren’t changes.

The most glaring differences between the MX5400 and L4701 is significantly more loader capacity for the MX and it’s a bit larger dimensionally. 3 point capacity is quite similar, although the MX, I believe, has CAT 2 3 point v CAT 1 for the L. Sitting on a MX5400 at the dealership recently, it felt like I was sitting on a marginally larger version of my 4701. Both are basic machines with pretty much identical layout of controls, display, etc.

Any “Grand” is going to be a more refined machine. Option for a cab that the others don’t offer. More attention to ergonomics.

Obviously I went with the 4701. I had some defined size limitations and, although the MX is only marginally larger, it exceeded my size limitations so it didn’t qualify. Otherwise, I would have seriously considered the extra couple thousand for the extra loader capacity. Couldn’t use a cab and didn’t want to pay up for a Grand anything.

But they make a plethora of models for a reason. One size does not fit all. All three models you’re considering are quality tractors that are likely to serve you well.

So far as the “orphan” comment from a previous post, if that’s the sort of thing you consider in picking equipment; good luck to you. I do understand taking into consideration buying some oddball thing that only 75 of exist in the world such that obtaining parts and accessories may be problematic, but that’s not the case with any of the models you’re considering.
Great feedback and insight. Thank you for taking the time to respond with such detail, information & clarity of thought.

Much appreciated.

The “orphan comment” wasn’t me … it was me responding to another who Orange Tractor Member who indicated the L4701 / L4802 are orphans.

According to the 3 dealers I’ve spoken with … they sold the heck out of the L4701’s & anticipate selling even more L4802’s.

Point is … that series of tractors in that HP range are anything but orphans and in fact are a continued strong seller & great tractor for Kubota.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The “orphan comment” wasn’t me … it was me responding to another who Orange Tractor Member who indicated the L4701 / L4802 are orphans.
Yes, I’m familiar with Ms. Liebchen and her opinion oft expressed whenever someone mentions potentially purchasing a L4701 and now L4802. It’s an opinion…

And it is fact that a MX5400 loader will lift more than a L4701 loader. If I needed to load round bales on a flatbed, that would be a big deal. But the L4701 will lift this stuff and that’s sufficient for my needs. Don’t know what the green white oak log weighs. The chunk of steel is a bit north of 1800lb and yes, that’s more than the “full height lift capacity”.
IMG_8487.jpeg
IMG_5523.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

BrianWood

May 25, 2023
NC
Just spoke with my dealer and he has L4802 on the lot. So they have been shipped and delivered. Took delivery last week

Reactions: 1 users

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
Just spoke with my dealer and he has L4802 on the lot. So they have been shipped and delivered. Took delivery last week
Brian,

Thank you for the update. If you go to check it out … could you post a few pics?

If not, all good. I know you’re busy w your L4701. Take care Sir.