Kubota L4802

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
I have heard absolutely NOTHING from my dealer. Not even a phone call
That’s a frustrating, sorry to hear that. I was getting nothing back from the JD dealer near me, couple of massive farms literally across the road from the dealership. It seems if I wasn’t going to spend at least 200k … they just couldn’t be bothered with me. It’s crazy bc I was really leaning toward JD.

After a buddy that owns both a JD & a Kubota told me I’d be making a mistake if I didn’t take a hard look at Kubota … I decided to.

A big part of the sales / service / repair game is customer follow up & customer service.

My friend has well over 150k worth of tractors & implements & said he was just frustrated w our local Deere shop. He went Kubota & raved about the local shop & his reviews were spot on … their customer service has been excellent.

The Gent that owns the Kubota dealership nearby called me back Saturday.

He shared that his best estimate was late July to late August. It was great customer service that he called back as my sales guy has been out the last few days.

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
That is called.....dealer stall, but there is little that you can do.
Fried & Sparky, I’d really be shocked if anything delivered prior to end of July. I anticipate end of August as realistic.

Frustrating … I’d really just like an honest : “Look fellahs it won’t be till late August … we’re doing our best as Kubota Dealers; we are at the mercy of Grapevine, TX.”. Should anything change … we’ll call you asap.

I can deal w delays … I’d just like to know the reality.

Just my 2 cents. Pls keep me in the loop if you garner anything.

Reactions: 1 user

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
Still absolutely nothing from my dealer. Right now, I'm going with Dusty71 said. August.
B. Wood & Sparky Prep,

I left a message for my dealer earlier today. I’ll let you know what I hear back. I suspect I won’t hear back till tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
B. Wood & Sparky Prep,

I left a message for my dealer earlier today. I’ll let you know what I hear back. I suspect I won’t hear back till tomorrow.
Sparky Prep & B. Wood,

Below is the response from my dealer:

They have stopped shipping us the L4701; hopefully, the L4802’s are on the way, we finally received the LX4020 but I believe that tractor would not do what you would be asking it to do. You are more than welcome to stop by and take a look at it we should have it assembled by the middle of this week. I do not know what pricing would be on the L4802’s yet but as soon as we get an invoice will let you know.

BrianWood

May 25, 2023
NC
Sparky Prep & B. Wood,

Below is the response from my dealer:

They have stopped shipping us the L4701; hopefully, the L4802’s are on the way, we finally received the LX4020 but I believe that tractor would not do what you would be asking it to do. You are more than welcome to stop by and take a look at it we should have it assembled by the middle of this week. I do not know what pricing would be on the L4802’s yet but as soon as we get an invoice will let you know.
Man I really appreciate the response. That’s encouraging to hear. Maybe we see them sometime in June.

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
Man I really appreciate the response. That’s encouraging to hear. Maybe we see them sometime in June.
Brian, I think late July is more likely. The dealer I’m working with is reliable & customer service is top notch. I’ll keep updates coming as I learn more. Take care.

steveh

Equipment
Kubota L4701, forks, Land Pride rear blade, Wallenstein splitter
Dec 1, 2020
Rocky Mountains
Approx: $32,586 … give or take plus taxes etc …
That probably does not include the loader, right? Hope I'm wrong.... Friend was googling around about the 4802 and said he's seeing projected prices around $38,000 but that was with a loader.

My 4701 with loader was, just pre-pandemic, something like $31K before a couple discounts

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
That probably does not include the loader, right? Hope I'm wrong.... Friend was googling around about the 4802 and said he's seeing projected prices around $38,000 but that was with a loader.

My 4701 with loader was, just pre-pandemic, something like $31K before a couple discounts
Sparky, Brian Wood & Steve H … nothing back. Called my dealer day before yesterday. Emailed him a few days ago looking for a L4802. Nothing back yet.

Will keep you all posted once I hear something back. Take care.

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
Sparky, Brian Wood & Steve H … nothing back. Called my dealer day before yesterday. Emailed him a few days ago looking for a L4802. Nothing back yet.

Will keep you all posted once I hear something back. Take care.

Gents,

Below is what I got back from my dealer regarding delivery of the L4802:

“So far I do not have any updates on the L4802 I really wish they would let us know something due to the fact we are out of L4701’s”

Not much to go on … but it’s what the salesman I’m working with knows.

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
Gents,

Below is what I got back from my dealer regarding delivery of the L4802:

“So far I do not have any updates on the L4802 I really wish they would let us know something due to the fact we are out of L4701’s”

Not much to go on … but it’s what the salesman I’m working with knows.
Thank you. Sounds like everyone else is in the same situation as me.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Is this the thread where folks talk about how much they like their L4701? :p

I'm really curious to see first-hand accounts of the 4802. Hoping they become available for y'all soon. I am very much enjoying my 4701 though!

• Haha

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
Is this the thread where folks talk about how much they like their L4701? :p

I'm really curious to see first-hand accounts of the 4802. Hoping they become available for y'all soon. I am very much enjoying my 4701 though!
Yes Sir … you’ve arrived at the right place. The 4701 is a heck of a tractor. My dealer has sold through all of his remaining 4701’s (6) and is awaiting delivery of the 4802’s.

Looks like late July … maybe August. I guess we’ll find out.

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
Finally, something to update! Spoke with my dealer today. It seems there are a grand total of 8 L4802s in the state of Florida, and one of them is mine. Contract has been signed, and building out to spec will begin shortly. There is hope out there.

Reactions: 3 users