Kubota L4701 150 hours rear end stripped gear popping noise. NOW WITH VIDEO

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
I'll put $50 on a brake related problem. Friction discs sticking to the steel discs, misassembled (two friction or two steel next to one another), bad friction material on the discs or out of spec parts.

The fact that it doesn't make the noise when starting from a stop uphill makes it unlikely it's the gears.
I hope you are right, they are replacing all 4 brake disc and plates under warranty.
‘If you are right then I will get back my tractor repaired. I am so hopeful.

I am down for the $50 bet If that fixes it then I will send you the $50.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
There are always 2 sides to a story. We are only getting 1 here. You seem to be on quite the mission to drag Big Orange through the mud.
It's not unusual for any shop to request payment for diagnosing something that may not be under warranty. They have to get paid some way. If it's not a warranty item then they aren't going to do it for free. Say for instance the brake disks are worn and blued. K might say you were driving around with the parking brake applied and it's not covered. The dealer isn't going to suck up the cost of opening the tractor up to find it.
I get you are frustrated. Just some of your thinking doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I have taken the tractor to 5 kubota dealerships to get it diagnosed, 3 refused to look at it, one kept it a week and after rubbing a crystal ball and dancing around the tractor while chanting said it was my problem and I would need to pay to repair a tractor under warranty and to continue to operate the tractor.

‘The last dealership where it currently is has had it a month and after disassembling the tractor and talking with kubota corporate they agreed to replace all 4 brake discs and plates under warranty.

Not sure what else I could have done. I have spent 12 hours pulling the tractor across the whole state of Kentucky trying to get it fixed. Done everything I know to do trying to get my tractor that is under warranty fixed except for hauling the tractor to kubota corporate office and getting on my knees and start begging them to fix my $60,000 tractor that is under full factory warranty.

After reviewing the warranty contract when I purchased the tractor, which said that for any warranty issues you can take it to ANY kubota dealership for repair. I thought would be as easy as dropping it off at a kubota dealer and it would be repaired. I spent extra money to buying a tractor from a reputable company (kubota) so I would not have any issues like this. Fight to get a tractor under warranty repaired.

I have has multiple items repaired under warranty from reputable manufacturers Honda, dodge, ford, makita, Milwaukee, GE, LG, husqvarna, Kawasaki, Samsung, Stihl and probably a few I forgot.
I drop the item off and they fix it. Easy as that. I guess I got spoiled easily getting my stuff repaired under warranty without having to fight them for months.
Yes sorry I posted after reading the first few pages. Missed the last one thats why I deleted that post.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
There are always 2 sides to a story. We are only getting 1 here. You seem to be on quite the mission to drag Big Orange through the mud.
It's not unusual for any shop to request payment for diagnosing something that may not be under warranty. They have to get paid some way. If it's not a warranty item then they aren't going to do it for free. Say for instance the brake disks are worn and blued. K might say you were driving around with the parking brake applied and it's not covered. The dealer isn't going to suck up the cost of opening the tractor up to find it.
I get you are frustrated. Just some of your thinking doesn't make sense to me.
I am just sharing my experience with my warranty repair. I told the dealership (the only one I found willing to work on it) that if they take the tractor apart and the brake linings were worn down below spec I would pay them to take it apart and put it back together. They took it apart and the brake linings were within spec and appeared to be new (only 150 hours on the tractor). Everything was within spec and in excellent condition. I think kubota knows that the brakes are not the problem and they want to replace them to eliminate that as a possibility. I do appreciate that but I would rather get to the root cause of the problem.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Watched the video, no issues until you hit the brake. My bet is on something with the brakes. Nothing to do with gearing.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I am just sharing my experience with my warranty repair. I told the dealership (the only one I found willing to work on it) that if they take the tractor apart and the brake linings were worn down below spec I would pay them to take it apart and put it back together. They took it apart and the brake linings were within spec and appeared to be new (only 150 hours on the tractor). Everything was within spec and in excellent condition. I think kubota knows that the brakes are not the problem and they want to replace them to eliminate that as a possibility. I do appreciate that but I would rather get to the root cause of the problem.
Eh, it's a little more that "sharing my experience". Repeated references to 100 foot rock cliffs, eminent death or dismemberment, etc. Twas a little on the theatrical side.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
[/QUOTE]
Eh, it's a little more that "sharing my experience". Repeated references to 100 foot rock cliffs, eminent death or dismemberment, etc. Twas a little on the theatrical side.
I am just stating the facts, I am operating the tractor on top of a mountain with a 100 foot rock cliff at the bottom.
If I was operating the tractor on prairie land with a major safety component failing I would not be concerned, I would just let off the HST pedal and the tractor would come to a stop.

The funny part about it is the kubota dealer who currently has my tractor took a brand new L2502 out on a hill to prove the point that if you let off the HST pedal the tractor will come to a stop, guess what happens next. The tractor starts creeping down the hill. he then explained to me that I needed to manipulate the HST pedal to keep it from rolling down the hill, instead of just pushing the brake, and holding the brake to keep the tractor in position on a hill.
I was taking a shipping container down the hill on a trailer hooked to my truck and was connecting a chain from the trailer to the tractor to use the tractor as an extra brake when the tractor started rolling forward with the parking brake set hard, my mom yelled WATCH OUT THE TRACTOR IS ROLLING, I was lucky enough to jump out of the way before the rolling tractor hit the shipping container. What do you think would have happened if I didn’t get out of the way and got pinched between the tractor bucket and shipping container? I had my back to the tractor hooking up the chain to the trailer and had no ideal the tractor was rolling.
All I had time to do was get out of the way, by the time I got out of the way the tractor bucket had already made contact with the shipping container.
I almost died that day, if it wasn’t for my mom yelling to get out of the way I would not be alive today.
imagine owning a brand new $60,000 piece of equipment that almost killed you and then having a failure of a major safety component. Would you continue to operate it?

Tractors are dangerous in perfect working order, add a major safety component failure and you have a recipe for disaster.

You might not be concerned about the failure of the brakes on my tractor because I will be the one paying the ultimate price not you.

I refuse to operate the tractor until the brakes are fixed. I would not operate my car or motorcycle with a failure of the braking system and I hope you would not either.

There is an obviously something wrong with my tractor, did you watch the video? The tractor went from making one loud popping noise to now making a dozen loud popping noises, it is pretty obvious to me that the tractor is not going to fix itself.

I sure hope you are messing with me and you take your safety as seriously as I do.

Be safe out there, it’s dangerous working a tractor especially on a mountain and like my mom said after the accident “it only takes a second for something bad to happen”.

I think if the people who are in this forum busting my balls put their self in my situation they would feel the same way I do.

I am not bashing kubota at all, kubota corporate have been trying to help me, they even agreed to replace the brakes under warranty, my issues are with the terrible customer service from my local kubota dealerships.

One dealership in Corbin Kentucky who flat out told me that they would not even look at the tractor because I didn’t buy it from them.
Two kubota dealerships who told me after they found out that I didn’t buy it from them that it would take 3 months to look at it.
The kubota dealership in Lexington Kentucky who had my tractor for a week and told me it was normal for a tractor with a 150 hours to make a loud squealing noise when hitting the brakes.

My tractor has been at 2 different kubota dealerships for a month and a half.
Customer complaint “tractor makes loud popping noises when applying the brakes going down a hill backwards” 6 weeks and 2 dealerships and nobody has ever backed down a hill and applied the brakes!

I am not a very smart person as you all can tell, but if I was a kubota technician and the customer complaint was “loud popping noises while hitting the brakes backing down a hill” the very first thing I would do is back down a hill and hit the brakes to try and duplicate the problem. Both dealerships to this day 6 weeks later and neither have done that.

I don’t have an issue with Kubota, I have an issue with the poor customer service from my local kubota dealers. If I had a reputable kubota dealer in my area I think I would not be living this nightmare.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I am just stating the facts, I am operating the tractor on top of a mountain with a 100 foot rock cliff at the bottom.
If I was operating the tractor on prairie land with a major safety component failing I would not be concerned, I would just let off the HST pedal and the tractor would come to a stop.

The funny part about it is the kubota dealer who currently has my tractor took a brand new L2502 out on a hill to prove the point that if you let off the HST pedal the tractor will come to a stop, guess what happens next. The tractor starts creeping down the hill. he then explained to me that I needed to manipulate the HST pedal to keep it from rolling down the hill, instead of just pushing the brake, and holding the brake to keep the tractor in position on a hill.
I was taking a shipping container down the hill on a trailer hooked to my truck and was connecting a chain from the trailer to the tractor to use the tractor as an extra brake when the tractor started rolling forward with the parking brake set hard, my mom yelled WATCH OUT THE TRACTOR IS ROLLING, I was lucky enough to jump out of the way before the rolling tractor hit the shipping container. What do you think would have happened if I didn’t get out of the way and got pinched between the tractor bucket and shipping container? I had my back to the tractor hooking up the chain to the trailer and had no ideal the tractor was rolling.
All I had time to do was get out of the way, by the time I got out of the way the tractor bucket had already made contact with the shipping container.
I almost died that day, if it wasn’t for my mom yelling to get out of the way I would not be alive today.
imagine owning a brand new $60,000 piece of equipment that almost killed you and then having a failure of a major safety component. Would you continue to operate it?

Tractors are dangerous in perfect working order, add a major safety component failure and you have a recipe for disaster.

You might not be concerned about the failure of the brakes on my tractor because I will be the one paying the ultimate price not you.

I refuse to operate the tractor until the brakes are fixed. I would not operate my car or motorcycle with a failure of the braking system and I hope you would not either.

There is an obviously something wrong with my tractor, did you watch the video? The tractor went from making one loud popping noise to now making a dozen loud popping noises, it is pretty obvious to me that the tractor is not going to fix itself.

I sure hope you are messing with me and you take your safety as seriously as I do.

Be safe out there, it’s dangerous working a tractor especially on a mountain and like my mom said after the accident “it only takes a second for something bad to happen”.

I think if the people who are in this forum busting my balls put their self in my situation they would feel the same way I do.

I am not bashing kubota at all, kubota corporate have been trying to help me, they even agreed to replace the brakes under warranty, my issues are with the terrible customer service from my local kubota dealerships.

One dealership in Corbin Kentucky who flat out told me that they would not even look at the tractor because I didn’t buy it from them.
Two kubota dealerships who told me after they found out that I didn’t buy it from them that it would take 3 months to look at it.
The kubota dealership in Lexington Kentucky who had my tractor for a week and told me it was normal for a tractor with a 150 hours to make a loud squealing noise when hitting the brakes.

My tractor has been at 2 different kubota dealerships for a month and a half.
Customer complaint “tractor makes loud popping noises when applying the brakes going down a hill backwards” 6 weeks and 2 dealerships and nobody has ever backed down a hill and applied the brakes!

I am not a very smart person as you all can tell, but if I was a kubota technician and the customer complaint was “loud popping noises while hitting the brakes backing down a hill” the very first thing I would do is back down a hill and hit the brakes to try and duplicate the problem. Both dealerships to this day 6 weeks later and neither have done that.

I don’t have an issue with Kubota, I have an issue with the poor customer service from my local kubota dealers. If I had a reputable kubota dealer in my area I think I would not be living this nightmare.
And there you go with the old rock cliff again.
Uhm....I would go back and look at your prior theatrical postings. You like to state over and over the same thing. Like Chicken Little. Yeah, dude. Sky is falling. OK, cool.
I'm not saying there isn't an issue. I'm saying that your logic makes no sense. So there must be something else that is not divulged here. You originally fretted about the diag fee but were willing to let the rig roll off "a 100 foot rock cliff" or "trade it in" and lose "thousands". I race motorcycles man. I'm safer on my tractor or in a car than I am at my weekend job.
Just doesn't add up to me. That's all.

Reactions: 1 users

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
And there you go with the old rock cliff again.
Uhm....I would go back and look at your prior theatrical postings. You like to state over and over the same thing. Like Chicken Little. Yeah, dude. Sky is falling. OK, cool.
I'm not saying there isn't an issue. I'm saying that your logic makes no sense. So there must be something else that is not divulged here. You originally fretted about the diag fee but were willing to let the rig roll off "a 100 foot rock cliff" or "trade it in" and lose "thousands". I race motorcycles man. I'm safer on my tractor or in a car than I am at my weekend job.
Just doesn't add up to me. That's all.
Nice I purchased my 2019 CBR1000RRSP1 from a Honda dealership in Birmingham, Alabama (Only place that has it in stock) When I had an issue under warranty I took it to my local Honda dealer in Lexington Kentucky and they fixed it no questions asked. They didn’t say, well you didn’t buy your Honda motorcycle from our Honda dealership so we aren’t working on it. They had it fixed in 2 weeks.
it sat me off when I pulled the tractor 3 hours to the kubota dealer in Corbin Kentucky and they said because I didn’t buy it off them they would not work on it. I then hauled it 3 hours to Lexington where I was told it was normal for the brakes to squeak and never even gave me a price to diagnose it.
I then hauled the tractor to Somerset, Kentucky who asked if I purchased it from them and when I said no they said it would take 3 months to look at it.
I then hauled the tractor to Florence Kentucky who also said it would take 3 months to look at it after they found out that I didn’t buy it from them.
The last kubota dealership that Kubota corporate told me to take it to was the only place that would even give me a price to diagnose it $400.
I told them if they disassemble the tractor and they brake lining ways worn down below spec I would be happy to pay them the $400 diagnostic fee because I knew that wasn’t possible to wear the brakes out on an HST tractor within 150 hours.

If you ride motorcycles you know how important it is to make sure you bike is in tip top shape. You know how dangerous it is to operate a motorcycle with any issues.

The rock cliff quote is the same as if you race with bad tires, you wipe out hit the wall and are dead. It’s a fact.

Attachments

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Nice I purchased my 2019 CBR1000RRSP1 from a Honda dealership in Birmingham, Alabama (Only place that has it in stock) When I had an issue under warranty I took it to my local Honda dealer in Lexington Kentucky and they fixed it no questions asked. They didn’t say, well you didn’t buy your Honda motorcycle from our Honda dealership so we aren’t working on it. They had it fixed in 2 weeks.
it sat me off when I pulled the tractor 3 hours to the kubota dealer in Corbin Kentucky and they said because I didn’t buy it off them they would not work on it. I then hauled it 3 hours to Lexington where I was told it was normal for the brakes to squeak and never even gave me a price to diagnose it.
I then hauled the tractor to Somerset, Kentucky who asked if I purchased it from them and when I said no they said it would take 3 months to look at it.
I then hauled the tractor to Florence Kentucky who also said it would take 3 months to look at it after they found out that I didn’t buy it from them.
The last kubota dealership that Kubota corporate told me to take it to was the only place that would even give me a price to diagnose it $400.
I told them if they disassemble the tractor and they brake lining ways worn down below spec I would be happy to pay them the $400 diagnostic fee because I knew that wasn’t possible to wear the brakes out on an HST tractor within 150 hours.

If you ride motorcycles you know how important it is to make sure you bike is in tip top shape. You know ho dangerous it is to operate a motorcycle with any issues.
I can't honestly say how it is with tractor dealers, but...powerboats dealers aren't allowed to do that. Same with auto.
Again, you can backtrack all you want. Something just smells fishy. Anyone can go back and read your posts. Good luck in the repair process. Cheers.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
I can't honestly say how it is with tractor dealers, but...powerboats dealers aren't allowed to do that. Same with auto.
Again, you can backtrack all you want. Something just smells fishy. Anyone can go back and read your posts. Good luck in the repair process. Cheers.
I am not backtracking on anything, the kubota warranty contract says that you can take it to ANY kubota dealer for warranty repair. That is a legal binding contract. What you are smelling is the BS from my local kubota dealers. I have already priced a new kubota mx6000, 3rd function kit and backhoe subframe $41,600 if I remember correctly. The dealer who has my tractor who gave me an estimate is supposed to contact me to let me know how much they will give me for the trade of my l4701, probably going to take a huge loss.
Everything I said I stand by.
‘If they don’t fix it I won’t be risking my life operating a dangerous piece of equipment. I will park the tractor on the hill and hope it is still there in the morning,

Thanks for wishing me luck on the repair of my $60,000 tractor that is under warranty because apparently I definitely need it.
I am glad I paid the $5,000 for insurance just in case an accident happens because of a manufacturer defect that is preventing the braking system from working properly.

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
Something is up with this story. You took the tractor to several surrounding dealerships hours away before calling and talking to someone? Seems like that would save a lot of time. Most places are not going to turn away work, it might not be in your expected time frame though, that’s why they are in business

You keep bring up the price of the machine which is irrelevant, shouldn’t matter if it was a $5k lawn mower or a $50k tractor.

Also on the video why are you using the clutch when you stop on a HST tractor? To exaggerate the issue?

You brought up trading in before taking a “huge loss” on another Kubota. If you have a issue with a new one you will have to deal with the same dealers you are currently dealing with.

We’re not getting all the story here

Reactions: 2 users

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Something is up with this story. You took the tractor to several surrounding dealerships hours away before calling and talking to someone? Seems like that would save a lot of time. Most places are not going to turn away work, it might not be in your expected time frame though, that’s why they are in business

You keep bring up the price of the machine which is irrelevant, shouldn’t matter if it was a $5k lawn mower or a $50k tractor.

Also on the video why are you using the clutch when you stop on a HST tractor? To exaggerate the issue?

You brought up trading in before taking a “huge loss” on another Kubota. If you have a issue with a new one you will have to deal with the same dealers you are currently dealing with.

No I didn’t call anyone because the legal binding warrant contract says “for warranty issues you can take it to any kubota dealership”. I took it to the closest kubota dealership to where the tractor was located on my farm in Jackson County Kentucky. When they flat out refused to work on it and I seen a brand new Mx6000 sitting on the lot I asked to trade it in and they told me to take it to the dealership I bought it from, have them fix it then bring it back to them to trade it in.
I then took it to the next closest kubota dealership,
what should I of done? Call them on the phone and beg them to fix it? I figured if I took it to them they could not refuse to repair a warranty issue because my warranty contract says for warranty issues take it to any kubota dealership.

The L4701 HST doesn’t have a clutch.

Yes I was hoping to get a reliable kubota tractor this time like the L2501 I owned for 5 years that never needed a warranty repair because it was a reliable tractor. Was hoping to get out of this COVID tractor and get a reliable tractor this time.

I would trade it in for a John Deere but I already have over $10,000 in implements that require a skid steer quick attach.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky

I did exactly what the warranty contract says to do.

Obtaining Warranty Services

How to Obtain Warranty Service

To obtain warranty service under the terms and conditions of the Kubota Limited Warranty, you must deliver the product to an authorized Kubota dealer, along with proof of purchase. Kubota recommends that you take your equipment to the dealer from whom it was purchased for the warranty repair. If that is inconvenient, it may be taken to any authorized Kubota dealer.

It say to deliver the product to an authorized kubota dealer. The warranty contact does not say anything about calling them and begging them. It says to deliver it, exactly what I did.

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I appreciate the detail of how the poster is USING his new tractor. It's real important that the brakes work,unlike some guy cutting 5 acres of lawn... According to the video, it does 'sound' brake related,but NEEDS to be fixed. For sure if brakes are within spec, OP gets his $400 back as HE didn't cause the problem.Dealer's have instant access to all sorts of TSBs,'how-to-repairs', and other factory supplied documents..so they KNOW ,or at least can find out ) ,WHAT is probably the cause and how to fix it.

What is very troubling is that 1 or 2 dealers would NOT honour the warranty service ! THAT should be reported to head office and those dealers investigated, maybe even pull their franchise/selling rights. It could be they have LOUSY mechanics and if the 'time on the books' says 5 hours, it'll take them 10-12 and so lose money doing warranty work ? It's one thing to say 'we have 5 tractors ahead of you,we can book you in next week' ,totally different to flat out refuse.

Reactions: 1 users

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
No I didn’t call anyone because the legal binding warrant contract says “for warranty issues you can take it to any kubota dealership”. I took it to the closest kubota dealership to where the tractor was located on my farm in Jackson County Kentucky. When they flat out refused to work on it and I seen a brand new Mx6000 sitting on the lot I asked to trade it in and they told me to take it to the dealership I bought it from, have them fix it then bring it back to them to trade it in.
I then took it to the next closest kubota dealership,
what should I of done? Call them on the phone and beg them to fix it? I figured if I took it to them they could not refuse to repair a warranty issue because my warranty contract says for warranty issues take it to any kubota dealership.

The L4701 HST doesn’t have a clutch.

Yes I was hoping to get a reliable kubota tractor this time like the L2501 I owned for 5 years that never needed a warranty repair because it was a reliable tractor. Was hoping to get out of this COVID tractor and get a reliable tractor this time.

I would trade it in for a John Deere but I already have over $10,000 in implements that require a skid steer quick attach.
I stand corrected about the clutch. Looked at the service manual they moved the brakes to the left side and did away with the clutch.

Call them and beg? Now it sounds like your being petty. Call and ask a simple question, I didn’t buy the tractor here can I have warranty work done at this dealership? They would have gave you a yes or no. If you ran in there waving the purchase agreement around acting like you have in this thread they might have acted differently. There are bad dealerships out there(with every brand) but the chance that there are several nearby that are all bad probably a slim chance. I have 4 kubota dealerships within 2 hours of me and 3 of the 4 are good. One is known for warranty/claim problems, long wait times and not correctly diagnosing the issues.

Just because you had a legal binding contract still didn’t help you physically taking the tractor to different dealers. A simple call would have saved that time and wasted fuel. I might be different but I’m not making an all day trip hauling equipment somewhere without talking to someone first.

Im sure the contract is worded that way to clear up that the owner is responsible to bring the equipment back to the dealership. As in the dealer isn’t going to pick up and return the equipment for warranty work for free.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
I stand corrected about the clutch. Looked at the service manual they moved the brakes to the left side and did away with the clutch.

Call them and beg? Now it sounds like your being petty. Call and ask a simple question, I didn’t buy the tractor here can I have warranty work done at this dealership? They would have gave you a yes or no. If you ran in there waving the purchase agreement around acting like you have in this thread they might have acted differently. There are bad dealerships out there(with every brand) but the chance that there are several nearby that are all bad probably a slim chance. I have 4 kubota dealerships within 2 hours of me and 3 of the 4 are good. One is known for warranty/claim problems, long wait times and not correctly diagnosing the issues.

Just because you had a legal binding contract still didn’t help you physically taking the tractor to different dealers. A simple call would have saved that time and wasted fuel. I might be different but I’m not making an all day trip hauling equipment somewhere without talking to someone first.

Im sure the contract is worded that way to clear up that the owner is responsible to bring the equipment back to the dealership. As in the dealer isn’t going to pick up and return the equipment for warranty work for free.
It is real easy to be a D-bag on the phone and on the internet. I called dozens of dealers and got nowhere getting my tractor fixed. i even started calling dealers in Ohio and Tennessee. i even called messicks in PA trying to get it fixed. Even Messicks refused to work on it according to them it “would bring up a red flag with kubota” whatever that means.
That is why I just started hauling it to the closest dealership, no luck with them, took it to the next closest dealership and so on.
I didn’t go into the service department waving a contract and demanding that they fix my tractor.
I walked into the service department and told them exactly what was going on with my tractor and showed them the video, and most of the dealers who didn’t want to work on it all said the same thing, 3 months for them to look at it. One of the dealers who told me 3 months I said okay let make the appointment and I will be back in 3 months and they said no, you have to leave it here.
The dealer in Corbin Kentucky is the only one who refused to work on it. They told me they can only fix some thing under warranty but can’t fix my issue.
i think it helped me taking the tractor across the state of Kentucky trying to get it repaired because when I told the supervisor at kubota corporate they recommend that I take it to the dealer 3 hour round trip away. When I took it there I noticed that they had some kind of Kubota service award in their window. They were really nice people, A small dealership way out in the country. They only had 3 service bays unlike the dealership in Lexington who had a dozen service bays.
‘The dealership who currently has my tractor have been very kind and helpful. When I went down to inspect the tractor after they disassembled it I stuck a $50 bill in his pocket and told him to buy pizza for the dealership for lunch.
150 miles and 3 hours dropping the tractor off at the dealership who currently has it, another 150 miles and 3 hours to inspect the tractor after they disassembled it, and another 150 miles and 3 hours to go back and pick it up. That is 9 hours and 450 miles, not counting loading and unloading time. Just this one dealership who currently has my tractor.
I have literally spent days of my life and several hundreds of dollars in gas trying to get my tractor under warranty fixed.
I am not sure what I could of done differently other than just fixing it myself.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
I appreciate the detail of how the poster is USING his new tractor. It's real important that the brakes work,unlike some guy cutting 5 acres of lawn... According to the video, it does 'sound' brake related,but NEEDS to be fixed. For sure if brakes are within spec, OP gets his $400 back as HE didn't cause the problem.Dealer's have instant access to all sorts of TSBs,'how-to-repairs', and other factory supplied documents..so they KNOW ,or at least can find out ) ,WHAT is probably the cause and how to fix it.

What is very troubling is that 1 or 2 dealers would NOT honour the warranty service ! THAT should be reported to head office and those dealers investigated, maybe even pull their franchise/selling rights. It could be they have LOUSY mechanics and if the 'time on the books' says 5 hours, it'll take them 10-12 and so lose money doing warranty work ? It's one thing to say 'we have 5 tractors ahead of you,we can book you in next week' ,totally different to flat out refuse.
When I went down and inspected the tractor the tech had the service manual and we measured the disc and they were in spec and appeared to be in like new condition, I am pretty sure they know that the issue isn’t the brakes but I believe they want to replace them to eliminate that as the issue.
Kubota is paying for all 4 disc and plates under warranty and I am paying for new hydraulic fluid and both filters, one filter I replaced during the 50 hour service so it only has 100 hours on it but I went ahead and told them to replace both and new fluid.
‘After they are done I am going to back it down the hill and hit the brakes before I take it home even tho the technician said I should not be doing that.