Kubota L3800

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Hi guys, I'm the new guy. I just bought the 3800 and a set of chains for it. When I tryed to install I found there wasn't enough clearance at the inner wheel. I call the dearler about a set of wheel spacers but the guy there told me I should be able to widen the with by taking off the rear tires. I did this but just can't see how. Any ideas?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi guys, I'm the new guy. I just bought the 3800 and a set of chains for it. When I tryed to install I found there wasn't enough clearance at the inner wheel. I call the dearler about a set of wheel spacers but the guy there told me I should be able to widen the with by taking off the rear tires. I did this but just can't see how. Any ideas?
I you have the "industrial" tires you will have to buy/make some spacers. They are not available from Kubota but someone on here made themselves a set,

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I you have the "industrial" tires you will have to buy/make some spacers. They are not available from Kubota but someone on here made themselves a set,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I do have industral tires. I'll take a run in to the dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I thought chains where only used on turf tires. I kinda figure with ag or industrail tires the chains would lay inbetween the cleats and not be very useful for traction.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I thought chains where only used on turf tires. I kinda figure with ag or industrail tires the chains would lay inbetween the cleats and not be very useful for traction.
The dealer recommended chains. I was in touch with them today and they ordered me a set of 1.5 inch spacers. They treated me real good on the price, the sales man said because he recommened the chains they would pay half the cost for the spacers so they will cost me 170.00.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
See thread below with pics

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5858

You'll love the chains. lots of added traction. Even if some or all of the crosschain falls between a lug their is plenty of it exposed to get a grip.:)
Thanks...Ive got different chains than you ...kinda got a square in the center. As soon as I get them on I'll take a picture. I'm looking forward to the spacers. I have a Toyota Tacoma with a 3" lift with 1.5" spacers. I couldn't believe the difference in how stable it is. The only reason I'm running chains is my place is 1.3 kms back a logging road which sounds worse than it is. Most of the year the old girl drives her Honda Civic in with no problem. This is our first year ...I mean winter here and I hope the Kubota as well as myself are up to the task. The scenery here is second to none...we are surrounded by water on 3 sides with 800 acres on the other side. Some mornings I put the bells on my 3 beagle and just let them out the door. Sorry for rambling on but I worked all my life to be back here and I couldn't be happier. Retartedment ...I mean retirement is great. LOL

L3700SU

Equipment
MX5800 HST w/1065FEL & teeth, WOODS PRD72 finish mower, Bauma Stumpblaster
Feb 16, 2011
Mercersburg,Pa,USA
Thanks...Ive got different chains than you ...kinda got a square in the center. As soon as I get them on I'll take a picture. I'm looking forward to the spacers. I have a Toyota Tacoma with a 3" lift with 1.5" spacers. I couldn't believe the difference in how stable it is. The only reason I'm running chains is my place is 1.3 kms back a logging road which sounds worse than it is. Most of the year the old girl drives her Honda Civic in with no problem. This is our first year ...I mean winter here and I hope the Kubota as well as myself are up to the task. The scenery here is second to none...we are surrounded by water on 3 sides with 800 acres on the other side. Some mornings I put the bells on my 3 beagle and just let them out the door. Sorry for rambling on but I worked all my life to be back here and I couldn't be happier. Retartedment ...I mean retirement is great. LOL
Sounds like a great place for retirement. Enjoy it. and have fun with that L3800:D

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
The Kubota solution is VERY misleading! They are actually about 7/8" spacers - they say 1-1/2 because that is the clearance you end up with. My dealer charged $315 for the set, but refunded the entire price when I was unhappy.
I was going to build my own, but it would have ended up costing over $170 just for the metric all-thread rod for the longer studs. Then there is the cost of the steel, time drilling & cutting, etc. etc.
I found a set of spacers on EBAY by the TRACKS company that are terrific - 2.5" each or larger, for about $325 (now $355). The added benefit is more stability on hills...
The following link gets you to the EBAY ad. I have nothing but good to say about them. The Kubota dealer likes them, too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Wheel-...441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c23155741

coupar

Oct 15, 2011
Leesburg, VA, USA
You're right gpreuss. I installed the Kubota spacers. Kubota say 1 1/2" but they are just over an inch. The studs are long enough for 1 1/2" but the spacers, at least the ones they sold me, (!) only gave me an 1" .....maybe 1 1/8" tops. It was enough though to clear my chains which was the issue.